You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

chelsea's torres song... hahahaha

mi2061

Regarding Torres knee that is correct, ATK was saying it 2 weeks ago, Chelsea had serious doubts about the knee but took the gamble, 27 endless hamstring problems and a knee op, so £50m given all that, anybody think we got a bad deal? We bloody robbed them!!!

Really?? I hope it is!! If that is true thats a great bit of business!! :drool:

I have been really surprised by the Chelsea fans reaction to the signing, loads of them don't want Torres there!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?? I hope it is!! If that is true thats a great bit of business!! :drool:

I have been really surprised by the Chelsea fans reaction to the signing, loads of them don't want Torres there!!

The fact they left Drogba out Monday rightly pissed there fans off, there gona have to change there entire shape to get the best from Torres and they don't have Steven Gerrard, he's obviously a quality player, but he peaked 18 months ago, and the knee op last April has slowed him, I really noticed it against Spurs twice he had a break from Spurs offside and got caught for pace, a year ago that wouldn't have happened.

Torres is still a great, fantastic striker when he is on form and firing.

Problem is that when he is not on form, he is shit. Absolute dog shit who can't finish, who can't beat a player, who can't hold the ball and who can't bring others into the play. And he is REALLY selfish when he is not on form.

No top team can afford that kind of a player really.

£50m. Ta muchly.

Fuckin iphone.

What I ment to say was I remember the last game of the season in 2005 against Villa, I think we were two goals up with Villa playing shite. To entertain themselves the fans decided to do the cancan around the Annie Road. I laughed.

I also recall them applauding us when we were singing about goin to Istanbul to win the cup.

Haha!

Torres is still a great, fantastic striker when he is on form and firing.

Problem is that when he is not on form, he is shit. Absolute dog shit who can't finish, who can't beat a player, who can't hold the ball and who can't bring others into the play. And he is REALLY selfish when he is not on form.

No top team can afford that kind of a player really.

£50m. Ta muchly.

He can be, but he needs to be the 'end' of all their attacking intention. Before Torres, we just used to give the ball to Gerrard and hope for him to do something class.

Then we got Torres, and then we'd give the ball to Gerrard and hope that he found Torres to finish it.

Chelsea are a more 'attacking unit' when they go forward, and as we've seen with Spain, that doesn't really suit Fernando.

Luckily, our current style is to have an attacking unit, so we got rid -- replaced with two fantastic players, and kept 15m on top of it. Brilliant business for us.

Does Torres know he's fucked? Would explain why he went to Chelsea.

If you knew your career was about to go "Owen" you'd take the chance to play for the club with the best chance of winning the CL NOW out of Liverpool and Chelsea, not looking to next season at the earliest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, compare the two interviews of him signing for Liverpool and Chelsea and you see a vibrant kid living the dream and then a slumped fella forced to abandon that dream.

I'll always hate the way he did it, not that he did it, but past that, I'm actually starting to pity the lad.

Let's hope it doesn't fly to the hate side of the scale any time soon.

Suarez and Carroll or Torres? It's looking more and more likely we made the right move by the day.

If you knew your career was about to go "Owen" you'd take the chance to play for the club with the best chance of winning the CL NOW out of Liverpool and Chelsea, not looking to next season at the earliest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, compare the two interviews of him signing for Liverpool and Chelsea and you see a vibrant kid living the dream and then a slumped fella forced to abandon that dream.

I'll always hate the way he did it, not that he did it, but past that, I'm actually starting to pity the lad.

Suarez and Carroll or Torres? It's looking more and more likely we made the right move by the day.

Personally i think we should be saying, suarez and carroll or suarez and torres?

Anything else is a bit small time. Couldn't give a fuck about 'good business'. Arsenal do 'good business' better than anyone and have won fuck all for years.

Personally i think we should be saying, suarez and carroll or suarez and torres?

Anything else is a bit small time. Couldn't give a fuck about 'good business'. Arsenal do 'good business' better than anyone and have won fuck all for years.

The same Fernando Torres who has never benefit from any partnership for any meaningful length of time?

Torres staying wasn't an option so why pretend like it was? We had to sell Torres, our hands were tied, we went out and got Carroll and Suarez. We swopped one talented but erratic striker who had looked a shadow of himself this season for a player who was banging goals in for Uruguay while Torres was watching from the stands and the best untapped English prospect around.

Balls to the money I'm not an accountant, I'm a football fan, one that watched Torres do fuck all for the majority of the season. Suarez is already doing better ON HIS OWN.

The same Fernando Torres who has never benefit from any partnership for any meaningful length of time?

Torres staying wasn't an option so why pretend like it was? We had to sell Torres, our hands were tied, we went out and got Carroll and Suarez. We swopped one talented but erratic striker who had looked a shadow of himself this season for a player who was banging goals in for Uruguay while Torres was watching from the stands and the best untapped English prospect around.

Balls to the money I'm not an accountant, I'm a football fan, one that watched Torres do fuck all for the majority of the season. Suarez is already doing better ON HIS OWN.

All I was trying to say is that we have't replaced torres with suarez and carroll, we've replaced him with carroll. We needed suarez whether torres stayed or not.

I also think he had a partnership with gerrard that was pretty good.

All I was trying to say is that we have't replaced torres with suarez and carroll, we've replaced him with carroll. We needed suarez whether torres stayed or not.

I also think he had a partnership with gerrard that was pretty good.

Suarez was deff going to be the missing link. At the end of the day we all should be asking Carroll or Torres? We really only had 1 full season of Nando, and I really am anxious to see what Carroll can bring, just reminds me of when we got Aquilani and then poof. Nothing

Suarez was deff going to be the missing link. At the end of the day we all should be asking Carroll or Torres? We really only had 1 full season of Nando, and I really am anxious to see what Carroll can bring, just reminds me of when we got Aquilani and then poof. Nothing

To be fair, I expected Aquilani to be a poor signing. I was looking at our midfield and scratching my head where the hell Aquilani was going to fit in. I, half figured, that Aquilani would be a Gerrard replacement and feared the worst when he was signed.

totally agree. Time will show this to be the best bit of business we've ever done. the question i ask is Torres or Suarez, i havent even thought about Carroll yet. I have no reservations that Suarez can do the job better than Torres weve seen over the last two seasons. Two runs out and he's scored one and is hitting the bar with regularity.

I sit back and have a smile when i think what Carroll will bring to the mix. Its great to feel optimism again. There are still and always will be some miserable cunts floating about this forum that would find something to whine about even if we did the treble. Thats just another result of the poor ownership over the last 4-5 years.

Yeah for like 3 months.

27 Aug 2008 Standard H 1-0 (Kuyt 118.)

5 Oct 2008 Man City A 2-3 (Kuyt 90.)

18 Oct 2008 Wigan H 3-2 (Kuyt 37, 85.)

15 Nov 2008 Bolton A 0-2 (Kuyt 28.)

7 Feb 2009 Portsmouth A 2-3 (Kuyt 85.)

22 Feb 2009 Man City H 1-1 (Kuyt 78.)

25 Apr 2009 Hull A 1-3 (Kuyt 63, 89.)

3 May 2009 N'castle H 3-0 (Kuyt 28.)

Yep, just 3 months of important goals.

If we had started that season like we ended it, we'd have walked the title.

Remember Gerrard on Sky commenting on how brilliant Yossi was in his place. What's the deal with him thesedays anyway (Yossi) is he injured?

Have to be honest and say I wasn't overwhelmed when we signed him but he turned out to be an excellent squad/first team player.

Funny i was thinking that yesterday, conclusion: Time will tell on that.

If we had started that season like we ended it, we'd have walked the title.

Remember Gerrard on Sky commenting on how brilliant Yossi was in his place. What's the deal with him thesedays anyway (Yossi) is he injured?

Have to be honest and say I wasn't overwhelmed when we signed him but he turned out to be an excellent squad/first team player.

Our start was the 2nd best in premier league history 2nd only to Chelsea 2005/2006, it was the middle bit that was the problem, we didn't win a game in January that killed us