You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banega

Tiote

McCarthy (Wigan)

Henderson (Sunderland)

De Jong

Adam

Milner

Wilshere

Essien

Moutinho

Nolan

Barton

Cattermole

De Rossi

Schweinsteiger

Cambiasso

Fellaini

Rodwell

Martinez

Diarra (L)

Veloso

Defour

Inler

M'Vila

Parker

Makoun

I could go on, but there's fucking LOADS of better players than Lucas, who could play his role.

That's before you get to Barca's entire midfield, or Madrid's, or any number of other top clubs, all of whom have several players better than Lucas in CM.

Well, at least silverlining seems to accept that Lucas Leiva is the best Brazilian CM in the world!

The list is interesting but there are players on it who we simply will never sign for reasons of age, current club etc. Who is potentially available who is better? None of the players currently playing in the prem' are good enough when you add in those factors so the list becomes very small and some of the players who would be left on it are too different in playing style to what we need.

Fucking hell though - Barton, Screech, Cattermole are for differing reasons no way the equal of Lucas and the younger players from our league are not up to his overall standard.

The best comparison is the likes of Denilson and Anderson. Signed at similar times for big English clubs. Lucas is head and shoulders above the rest.

Amazing really considering that he cost under £10m, no european experience and regularly shone in a struggling team last season.

He's 10 times the player Anderson is.

The best comparison is the likes of Denilson and Anderson. Signed at similar times for big English clubs. Lucas is head and shoulders above the rest.

Amazing really considering that he cost under £10m, no european experience and regularly shone in a struggling team last season.

He's 10 times the player Anderson is.

Song and Mikel too.

Banega

Tiote

McCarthy (Wigan)

Henderson (Sunderland)

De Jong

Adam

Milner

Wilshere

Essien

Moutinho

Nolan

Barton

Cattermole

De Rossi

Schweinsteiger

Cambiasso

Fellaini

Rodwell

Martinez

Diarra (L)

Veloso

Defour

Inler

M'Vila

Parker

Makoun

I could go on, but there's fucking LOADS of better players than Lucas, who could play his role.

Stats from Football Manager don't count as this is the real world.

Above all his attitude should praised and a example of how every footballer should act rather than act like a whiny brat when things are not going your way like it seems alot of players do nowadays. He's a great example of what a Liverpool player should be off & on the field, some seem to forget what one is it seems.

Guest PurpleNose
No question. Only Song out of that lot has a legitimate claim.

My post wasn't really a reply to anything specific, other than the thread title.

I just generally think he's a really good player. Barcelona made a mistake in the summer in signing Mascherano. They didn't need that type of holding midfielder. Lucas would have been a better fit as competition for Busquets in the anchor role. Mascherano doesn't play much for Barcelona as he'd usually have nothing to do.

Lucas is a better player than Denilson, Song, Diaby, Anderson and Mikel. He's better than a lot of the players in Silverlining's list as well.

I think he'll be Brazil's captain for the next world cup, by which point even the most gigantic of mongs may have to admit he's quite good.

Considering all the abuse he got a year ago, Lucas certainly deserves all the praise he’s getting now. He’s the perfect example of what can happen when a player knuckle down and tries his very best to improve.

Lucas is now a very good player, and after Masch left, we are dependant of him. There wouldn’t have been a double victory over Chelski without Lucas. Well done, son!

9,314 yet not one good post.

Stats tell a lot of stories.

Lucas tackling is shite, he gives away loads of free kicks in dangerous areas and he is not really a defensive midfielder.

For a midfielder in his position to only have scored 1 PL goal in 99 games, 77 starts thats just abysmal really and there is no way around it.

Guest PurpleNose
Lucas tackling is shite, he gives away loads of free kicks in dangerous areas and he is not really a defensive midfielder.

For a midfielder in his position to only have scored 1 PL goal in 99 games, 77 starts thats just abysmal really and there is no way around it.

None in 21 games is pretty shit as well isn't it?

He used to drive me insane, but hes won me over. He used to be a passenger in a lot of games but not anymore.

Hes contributing a fair bit these days. Breaking up opposition attacks and linking the play. Hes got a lot better positionally I've noticed, defending and attacking hes always in good support positions.

Still would prefer a proper rampaging destroyer in midfield, a Mascherano or Sissoko behind 2 more traditional midfielders.

What the fuck! So that is how we judge a midfielder then?

Didi Hamann must have been pretty poor as well then he only managed 18 goals in 386 across his entire league career. Xabi only has 27 in 331 career league games as well. Xavi only has 38 in 371 for the Barcelona first team in the league. 3 players who lets be honest are widely accepted as being absolute shite.

When I first signed up here I didn't fully understand why most of you seemed to think Code was mentally ill. I get it now!