You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fair play to him. Has come on leaps and bounds. I love his attitude too.

Also, stats are really a load of bollocks at times. Lucas hit two 50-60 yards cross field passes last night, one to Kelly, one to Johnson. Both players didn't control them so they wouldn't go down as completed passes. He hit a nice pass to Shelvey last night too, kept us ticking over and put the foot in when needed.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoses thinking Lucas only had a good pass rate last night because stoke stood back letting Lucas play, then why over the last 4 times hes played, his pass rate asn't dropped below 78%?

FYI, Since Hodgson left, Lucas has had the following pass-completion rates: 78%, 84%, 79.2% and a whopping 89.2% last night.

I think the contrast between us in possession against Fulham in the second half and last night was the man himself. He does so much for the team when he's on his game. He needs more competition for that role though as he can still hit periods of poor form.

Here's to another 150 I say.

Most of the dross in his role? Who?

We see Lucas as the defensive midfielder in our set-up and as such we compare him to players who we see play that type of role in other sides in our league. Most of these players are in my opinion fucking shit. I have seen people mention the likes of Cattermole, Huddlestone, Carrick, Song and others who are better players than him. I don't agree. Of the players who play in that role who are better you have Essien and thats about it. Players at his level are the likes of Fletcher, De-jong and Barry. All in my opinion of course.

He has improved but as I say he has to show more to be worth a regular place after we finish our business in the summer. If we have the cash I would bring in Banega or M'Vila and let him fight it out with them to see who gets to keep the shirt but right now he is the only person in the squad who has the know-how to play the role for us. He simply must play if we are to keep moving up the table.

We see Lucas as the defensive midfielder in our set-up and as such we compare him to players who we see play that type of role in other sides in our league. Most of these players are in my opinion fucking shit. I have seen people mention the likes of Cattermole, Huddlestone, Carrick, Song and others who are better players than him. I don't agree. Of the players who play in that role who are better you have Essien and thats about it. Players at his level are the likes of Fletcher, De-jong and Barry. All in my opinion of course.

He has improved but as I say he has to show more to be worth a regular place after we finish our business in the summer. If we have the cash I would bring in Banega or M'Vila and let him fight it out with them to see who gets to keep the shirt but right now he is the only person in the squad who has the know-how to play the role for us. He simply must play if we are to keep moving up the table.

I'm a fan of Lucas, but Song is, at least, his equal. Very good player, if a bit of a shithouse.

150 games already! I think a lot of people forget he was very young (18?) when he signed for us, and took his time to adjust to top level english football. Now at the age of 23 he looks like a very tidy player, and someone who can continue to develop and improve his game and be a regular in the first team for years to come.

I like Lucas, he’ll do whatever the team wants, never moans, showed the balls to ignore the boos and keeps getting better. He still needs to improve his presence, and could certainly do better in the goalscoring stakes as he has a decent shot on occasion. In an ideal world he’d be a squad player and I reckon he’ll probably end up like that next season. However for 5 million quid that’s pretty decent.

he's been brilliant this season, unfortunately some thick cunts wont ever admit they were wrong about him

hope he signs a new deal soon

I was one of those who thought he should just leave at the end of last season. But boy has he won me over. Great attitude, great worker, and just keeps us ticking.

We're a better team now with him. So there you have it, I've admitted :)

Yup -- He's a brilliant little squad player. He shouldn't be starting for us, but the lad is providing a lot of industry for us and he's the only one likely to do it since Poulsen is fucking shite.

Your point makes no sense, first you say Lucas shouldn't be starting but then you say he's the only player in his position who can basically fulfill that position.

Lucas is needed in our first team, he does the jobs that go unnoticed by a few fans but not everyone.

That's really, really odd.

You will hear it more and more, it cannot be stopped. Soon you will realize that you have been the odd one all along. You will be in a lonely place, and your hatred of the rest of the mankind for not seeing the world your way will eat you up, little by little. It is your fate, you cannot escape it. And it all started with a football player called Lucas...