You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking loved him when everyone hated him......now that everyone else loves him....well just makes me proud that he is in a Liverpool shirt.

It isnt all about stepovers and pace, its also about grit, intelligence and love for the game. Lucas has all that and those who still say that he is a bad player then they really dont know how the game is played.

Cracking little player. Still baffles me when I speak to reds and non reds when I hear the old "That fuckin Lucas is shite though isn't he" line. You have zero footballing intelligence if you cannot recognise that the lad is a very talented footballer. He has been our best midfielder for 12months now, and yet he's still massively underrated just because his name is Lucas. If If Mr Championship Manager had his way he wouldn't even be at the club.

How many players would have come through a dodgy start with lots of criticism, in a new team, in a new continent at such a young age in the manner Lucas has? He has character in abundance, I love him.

I know plenty of non Liverpool fans who rated him before a lot of Liverpool fans.

He's always been a good player but he's improved every season. We really need to give him a new deal.

How many players would have come through a dodgy start with lots of criticism, in a new team, in a new continent at such a young age in the manner Lucas has? He has character in abundance, I love him.

I know plenty of non Liverpool fans who rated him before a lot of Liverpool fans.

Agreed on both.

As you say Byrnie, the lad is very strong mentally because he used to take bucket loads of stick and was as a scapegoat by far too many for far too long. I remember Rafa highlighting this a while back and praising him for the way he's fought through it and become a better player as a result.

Lucas never lets us down. He always puts a shift in and does a job which goes unnoticed by many but is vital for the function of a good team. My one concern with him was his tendency to give away silly fouls in dangerous areas but he's managed to cut that out of his game by and large now.

Definitely agree with the "character in abundance" comment. Considering that he came to a new continent at such a young age and had to adjust to a very different footballing culture, you have to give him great credit for the way that he has stuck at it, improved and won a lot of people over. For me this has been his best season for us by far; he has become a lot more confident and influential, and has been at the heart of many of our best performances.

Cracking little player. Still baffles me when I speak to reds and non reds when I hear the old "That fuckin Lucas is shite though isn't he" line. You have zero footballing intelligence if you cannot recognise that the lad is a very talented footballer. He has been our best midfielder for 12months now, and yet he's still massively underrated just because his name is Lucas. If If Mr Championship Manager had his way he wouldn't even be at the club.

Spot on.

The same shit goes on with Aquilani as i hear the same lines of him being shit and always injured yet when he actually played for us he did quite well.

Half the people that say that and the same about Lucas probably hardly watch full games and if they do watch us they watch us on MOTD and/or hear about the game from their mates whilst discussing how good they would be as a manager in real life cos they won the Champions League with Hereford Utd on Football Manager.

My Manc mates are always telling me how shite he is, two of them often said the same of Masch, yet they hail Darren Fletcher as a world class player.

What makes me laugh is these lads actually play football for local teams in the area and therefore should have some understanding of it, but they're some of the thickest morons I've ever come across.