You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Or when Keegan fucked off to Hamburg and we got Kenny in. Or when Rushy went to Italy and we got Barnes and Beardsley. One more here-today, gone-tomorrow footballer thinks the grass is greener elsewhere and moves on. Fuck him.

michael_owen.jpg

the grass is

_40747070_owen270.jpg

always greener

michael-owen_1436600d.jpg

on the other side

Has the thought occured to you what would have happened if that clause hadn't been agreed to in the summer ?? Do you ever fucking think?? Mash the keyboard once for yes and twice for no

Yeah what's your theory about that? Mine is that he had a contract with 3 years left to run. The potential to open a bidding war on our own terms or even show Torres another year of Kenny making continued improvements on the pitch to make him think about the possibility of reconsidering ala Gerrard.

Ronaldo went for £90m, that was to a foreign team, Torres is worth £60m if we are selling to a foreign club. To sell him to a potential rival for champions league qualification/league over the next 6 years means we should be asking at around £70-80m. Theres also shirt sales to factor in, they do it with every other player who sells shirts so they have to pay a premium on that.

Now what do we have though, not a bidding war but a club coming along and dictating on their terms with the player and us being gangfisted.

I hope you have a possible worse scenario if we didn't agree to this in the summer?

Don't think we will let him go until we have players we wish to get either in replace of Torres or use of the money generated, are virtually in place.

Can't see him in a red shirt wednesday tbf but trying to stay positive in that we will see Suarez in a red shirt.

I am surprised no fans are blaming NESV for the torres fiasco.

Simply put they are incharge. They claimed to have money to invest in the squad. Liverpool current squad is really bad. To just buy suarez is truly under delivering let alone being average.

Hence, torres timing of it all. Which is shitty but its more of the reflection of bad leadership than zoning in on our top player.

We can call him cunt and traitor and all that but the hard truth is that our lack of courage to question the owners mindset if continues, naturally sees us sliding further down the table.

Where are the fucking wide men transfers and bids? Our squad needs more than just one striker improvement! NO wonder torres pissed and so am i.

Simply put they are incharge. They claimed to have money to invest in the squad. Liverpool is current squad is really bad. To just buy suarez is truly under delivering let alone being average.

Hence, torres timing of it all. Which is shitty but its more of the reflection of bad leadership than zoning in on our top player.

We can call him cunt and traitor and all that but the hard truth is that our lack of courage to question the owners mindset if continues, naturally sees us sliding further down the table.

Where are the fucking wide men transfers and bids? Our squad needs more than just one striker improvement! NO wonder torres pissed and so am i.

You should phone them. Wait there, i am going to get their number.

Dont go anywhere.

Simply put they are incharge. They claimed to have money to invest in the squad. Liverpool is current squad is really bad. To just buy suarez is truly under delivering let alone being average.

Oh do shut up, you dick.

Yeah what's your theory about that? Mine is that he had a contract with 3 years left to run. The potential to open a bidding war on our own terms or even show Torres another year of Kenny making continued improvements on the pitch to make him think about the possibility of reconsidering ala Gerrard.

Ronaldo went for £90m, that was to a foreign team, Torres is worth £60m if we are selling to a foreign club. To sell him to a potential rival for champions league qualification/league over the next 6 years means we should be asking at around £70-80m. Theres also shirt sales to factor in, they do it with every other player who sells shirts so they have to pay a premium on that.

Now what do we have though, not a bidding war but a club coming along and dictating on their terms with the player and us being gangfisted.

I hope you have a possible worse scenario if we didn't agree to this in the summer?

And just where the fuck was this magical millions gonna end up?? back in the club for Benitez to blow or to pay off bank loans ?? Could've sworn that he still has 2 years left so the club still supposedly able to "call the shots" for a bidding war in the summer.

Simply put they are incharge. They claimed to have money to invest in the squad. Liverpool current squad is really bad. To just buy suarez is truly under delivering let alone being average.

Torres is pissed off, not pissed. Unlike you. Unless you wrote this while stone cold sober, in which case! Unless you're Chelsea, you don't start throwing money around after receiving a stay of execution (you'll have to research the summer of 2003 for this one, but trust me). Unless you were dropped on your head as a child, you don't start spouting off mindless shit like this either. Oh and in anticipation of your no doubt cogent reply, that means fuck off, you mong.

If you put in a bid around £30M on the assumption the club will take the money, I`m not sure its so certain the same club will increase the offer with £20M to £50M and in the same time smash their own transfer record with the same £20M.

We`ll see, personally I hope and think he will stay put for now.

Yeah coz FSG asked Torres to hand in his transfer request three days before the window closes so they can cash in and leave thier company in the shit, so we don't have enough time to get a replacement, you fucking bellend wake up ..

TORRES handed a request in and said he does not want to be here on Tuesday.

same happened when Kenny took over before, we lost an "irreplacable" player and bought shit like Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge, seriously Torres is good but all players can be replaced.

Weve just signed our most expensive player and it looks like were getting Charlie Adam, Its the fucking january transfer window, teams dont want to sell there players. weve made bids for players but kept it quiet cos its the right way to do things. Fans like you are idiots seriously

If you put in a bid around £30M on the assumption the club will take the money, I`m not sure its so certain the same club will increase the offer with £20M to £50M and in the same time smash their own transfer record with the same £20M.

We`ll see, personally I hope and think he will stay put for now.

Fuck sake, Im agreeing with Code here.

Well why don't you fuck off to Chelsea with him.