You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I do.

If the £50m clause is genuine, and does not exclude English teams, then I'd sell him now, if for nothing else than to keep Man Utd out of the picture. As long as we get £45m+.

If you're selling him to Chelsea you may as well sell him to the mancs, what difference does it make right now?

Get a bidding war on and get what you can for him or tell him to knuckle down. If there is a clause, make an effort for 4th as unlikely as may be and sell him in the summer to someone abroad if possible, tell him he's not joining an English club if we can help it. Either way, no reason to sell him now whenwe can't replace him.

Some really interesting revelations have come to light in the Torres thread on the MF.

The club have approached Usher and have agreed terms? A table inside the Club shop for him to sell the mag from so he doesn't have to stand outside in the Winter wind and cold which dries out his natural oils and a carrier bag full of Sausage Rolls every Tuesday?

Is he getting the number 9 or 7 shirt?

Oh god's sake yourself.

So you think Chelsea or Man city are going to come back with higher offer than they are prepared to pay now?

Lets face it, he wont be going to Real Madrid. Barca wont be spending £50 million on him at any time.

Youre right, we arent guaranteed to get £50m just cos thats what the clause says (if it does).

Maybe he only wants to go to Chelsea who will only offer £40m. We cant force him to go to someone who meets the buy out clause.

The club have approached Usher and have agreed terms? A table inside the Club shop for him to sell the mag from so he doesn't have to stand outside in the Winter wind and cold which dries out his natural oils and a carrier bag full of Sausage Rolls every Tuesday?

Is he getting the number 9 or 7 shirt?

I won't play the numbers game.

Oh god's sake yourself.

So you think Chelsea or Man city are going to come back with higher offer than they are prepared to pay now?

Lets face it, he wont be going to Real Madrid. Barca wont be spending £50 million on him at any time.

Theres a lot of clubs out there. Otherwise he has a few years left on his contract, no reason to sell now. Who knows who might come in for him in the summer, just cos it's only Chelsea now, if they can't afford him we are not a charity.

(This is assuming there is no clause.)

If you're selling him to Chelsea you may as well sell him to the mancs, what difference does it make right now?

Get a bidding war on and get what you can for him or tell him to knuckle down. If there is a clause, make an effort for 4th as unlikely as may be and sell him in the summer to someone abroad if possible, tell him he's not joining an English club if we can help it. Either way, no reason to sell him now whenwe can't replace him.

I reckon it makes a huge difference to most supporters, and to many inside the club.

Guest davelfc

fraser_dainton (outside Melwood) The only other person we think may still be in there apart from Torres is commoli, but not entirely sure to be fair.

I am surprised no fans are blaming NESV for the torres fiasco.

Simply put they are incharge. They claimed to have money to invest in the squad. Liverpool current squad is really bad. To just buy suarez is truly under delivering let alone being average.

Hence, torres timing of it all. Which is shitty but its more of the reflection of bad leadership than zoning in on our top player.

We can call him cunt and traitor and all that but the hard truth is that our lack of courage to question the owners mindset if continues, naturally sees us sliding further down the table.

Where are the fucking wide men transfers and bids? Our squad needs more than just one striker improvement! NO wonder torres pissed and so am i.

I see where you are coming from. I don't go down the whole it's FSG's fault route but if you look at it from Torres' perspective it's easy to see why he wants out. They just don't have the money for the 4-5 players he and Gerrard said we needed. So they have said repeatedly they are going down the Arsenal route and no doubt Torres has said, well how many trophies has that garnered in a period encompassing how long I have left in England. 0.

Since the 4-5 player warning shot across the boughs we've given all our spare money to RBS, hired a shit manager, kicked the ball at his throat for 6 months, signed Poulsen, Konchesky, let go Mascherano and Aquilani, allowed the press to scapegoat him as a lazy bastard cunt to protect a neolithic tactician, spent a couple of years not buying a backup etc etc.

So it's not about blame its just a mismatch in ambitions and timing. He gave us a couple of years to get back to being "probably the best club in Europe" that he signed for and we fucked up. Que sera sera.

If you put in a bid around £30M on the assumption the club will take the money, I`m not sure its so certain the same club will increase the offer with £20M to £50M and in the same time smash their own transfer record with the same £20M.

We`ll see, personally I hope and think he will stay put for now.

All that just to tell us you weren't sure about something?