You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Like many others I feel very positive after that. Not much more to add, really. I thought Kelly was great and we have to consider playing Johnson further forward (or not at all) after that. Kelly needs to be in the team on merit now.

Was a bit disappointed in Mereiles for the first time today. He just didn't look as up for it as the others did and he shit out of that challenge which lead to Gerrard getting sent off.

If we buy any players this transfer window the priority has to be in the wide positions, where we badly need someone with pace and crossing ability. There are plenty of options out there, let's go and get one of them.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the right decision to take him off as he was going to be tired. To be fair when we went to ten it was always going to be a difficult job for a striker who plays the way he does.

Lets see how he performs after a half a dozen games under a new manager first before we start slating him.

He was going to be tired, from what?

We at least tried to play the right way. Never a penalty in my view, but I am less certain about the Gerrard red card....harsh, but not the first time nor last time that a player has been sent off for going in like that.

Reina was excellent (again), Kelly did more than enough to justify keeping his place, the others...well, they did their best.

I can't say I'm ever positive after losing any game, particularly against them, but the best I can say is that I have felt a lot worse on previous occassions.

did anyone else see a lad shouting 'munichs'? the camera lingered for about 10 seconds

Did anybody else hear their showers singing murderers for pretty much the whole game? For pretty much every game, in fact. Games that don't even involve Liverpool for that matter?

Fuck them. Not condoning it for one minute, but, the actions of one misguided individual are a lot less morally reprehensible than the actions of 20-30,000 cunts.

Much better picture

Cracking photo that, shame it wasn't at the end of the game.

As for the game, I thought we did OK without being too threatening. Unfortunate to give away the pen which let the mancs play a bit of a containing game and never left us any room to get going ourselves.

I thought the red card was slightly harsh, it could maybe have been a yellow if it was any other ref.

I thought Kelly was outstanding and he should deffo be given a run of games now, Kuyt looks dead on his feet so maybe bring Johnson back to right mid for a few games and see how he gets on.

Raul was disappointing today, he's going to have to learn to stick his foot in a bit more if he's going to survive in this league, especially against these bastards. I lost count of the times I was shouting at the screen for him to put the boot in.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with Torres although I don't think he was as bad as some are making out. I thought that we had our usual problem of leaving him isolated with the midfield not pushing up enough to help him out. Obviously the red card for Gerrard never helped as I think he would have helped to link the play...although he looked to be sitting to deep to me when he was on the pitch.

I'm usually in a strop when those bastards beat us but they can fuck off today. The King is back and we already look a better team. Bold substitutions and the team set up properly from kick off...the future is bright.

Shame we couldn't take the bastards to a replay but I'm pretty confident we can build on this performance and put in a good shift for the rest of the season.

Did anybody else hear their showers singing murderers for pretty much the whole game? For pretty much every game, in fact. Games that don't even involve Liverpool for that matter?

Fuck them. Not condoning it for one minute, but, the actions of one misguided individual are a lot less morally reprehensible than the actions of 20-30,000 cunts.

Heard them singing about Gerrard kissing the badge on his chest, then hands in a transfer request....they obviously don't remember Wayne Rooney..silly mancs

I hate losing to the mancs even more than I used to for the simple reason that they're shite, absolutely shite, they're held together by two or three players and the manager's sheer force of will. This is the worst manc squad I've seen since the early 90s.

yeah i know all that i went to the fa cup 2006 game, i was just sayin, it didnt look good on tv thats all

Maybe people might begin to understand why Roy was playing Meireles on the right wing?? :whistle:

In all seriousness, today shows once again that we desperately need an enforcer in the centre of the park - Lucas and Meireles are just too 'samey' for me - both a bit one-paced, both slow a move down rather than speed it up, both reluctant to push up in support of the lone attacker, and neither consistently able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Ultimately, I'd say that neither are good enough for a regular place in the first XI, but it's certainly one or t'other rather than both for me.

Do we have the slowest midfield in the premiership by the way?

I'm not a Scum Utd hater. Altho Ferguscum makes my skin crawl for good reason, same with Charlton, Neville and the granny fiddler.

What really disgusts me is so many of Manc-chester's local supporters. Even AFC Utd sang their Michael Shields song for 20 odd mins non stop. They're utterly obsessed with us. I've seen Manc lawyers, doctors and the like enthusing over singing Hillsboro songs.

Utterly pathetic people, unified by a pathetic culture.

To me, a good match needs a good opposition. Which seems to be lost on so many of them.

Anyway back on the important stuff.It was our best performance for a long time, altho I had to miss a lot of the last 20 mins.

Amazing how Dagger came back from what Bodgson called "a very long term injury"...

Obviously the side needs MAJOR additions and rebuilding, and some players eg Torres have been abused injury wise for a fair while.

BUT, it looked like they all felt like they'd had some intelligence in the tactical orders they were given.

Maybe people might begin to understand why Roy was playing Meireles on the right wing?? :whistle:

In all seriousness, today shows once again that we desperately need an enforcer in the centre of the park - Lucas and Meireles are just too 'samey' for me - both a bit one-paced, both slow a move down rather than speed it up, both reluctant to push up in support of the lone attacker, and neither consistently able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Ultimately, I'd say that neither are good enough for a regular place in the first XI, but it's certainly one or t'other rather than both for me.

Do we have the slowest midfield in the premiership by the way?

Once Meireles gets the same attitude that Lucas has managed to get this season, they will be fine together. Lucas would have shied away from the tackles 2 years ago, today he doesn't. Meireles doesn't have 2 years for that, though, but he was supposed to be the hard guy in the Portuguese league. Anyway, I still think they'll be a good midfield pairing, we did not lose the game because of these two today.