You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of many who didn't want Rafa to go BECAUSE I could see the board making a pigs ear of his replacement.

It was obvious we weren't going to get an upgrade, and that's why loads kept on arguing last season about the futility of sacking him.

Well then if that's the case then like a few others you're being proved right. I'm just sick of all the bickering and divisions, it shouldn't be like this. Like i say we really need a top appointment and start from scratch with everybody behind the effort of getting back to where we should be.

Well then if that's the case then like a few others you're being proved right. I'm just sick of all the bickering and divisions, it shouldn't be like this. Like i say we really need a top appointment and start from scratch with everybody behind the effort of getting back to where we should be.

That's fair enough. But we're never going to agree on anything 100%, debate is healthy. But Benitez has never divided the fan base so much.

When the going gets tough, he'll praise the fans. He won't change, if history has taught us anything, he doesn't change, he doesn't learn, and he certainly doesn't adapt. Anything and everything will always be somebody else's fault.

We've been through the same tired old ground. But we simply can't have him back, if only because we'll have more shit poems.

I want him back here, and I'd chin any fucker who questions him and that includes first team players.

I love Benitez more than I've ever loved a single Liverpool player, he epitomised everything good about this club, everything pure.

If anyone understands FSV's philosophy then it would be Benitez, and I think that would extend to Comolli as well, and certainly Dalglish.

It's not a weakness to admit that a mistake was made, sometimes the hardest thing in the World to do is to admit a mistake and go back and rectify it. This is the case with Rafa, he was sacked due to politics, not because he was a bad manager. It's time to right these wrongs, the wrongs that have hung over the club like a bad smell, the decisions of Purslow need fixing.

Bringing Rafa back would bring equilibrium back to the club, Rafa was here before Hicks and Gillett, he was successful before them, so it's time to pretend that they never happened, get Rafa back in and let's pretend it's 2007 all over again, a time when he had boardroom backing and we had the World at our feet.

And I so dearly want to see the looks on Keys and Grays faces at having to say he is Liverpool manager again. Let's make Europe tremble once more, let's get the manager back who brought in the likes of Johnson and Torres, after all, this is the manager who had a plan for them and knew how to use them. Let's not throw everything away now. With Rafa back then we could be 18 months away from greatness. With a new manager, we could be 4 years away from attempting it, once they get rid of players and bring in their own.

Everything about the club is set-up in Rafa's image, from the youth team, to Melwood, to the coaches, to the first team players. Let him finish what he started, let's not waste all this.

One bad year, one awful year, beset by injuries and beach-balls and more injuries. And we still were better than we are now. One bad year. Every manager has them, it's a measure of a football club when they can see past form. Under Purslow we turned into a knee-jerk club, we turned into Newcastle, sacking a manager like that, how fucking embarrassing that was.

If I thought Rafa was bad for this football club then I'd be the first to dismiss the idea. But he's the very best thing to have happened to this football club since Dalglish, he understands the club, he understands the fans. Why are people looking elsewhere for someone that's already proven all this?

An enemy of Benitz is an enemy of Liverpool Football Club. Look at the anti-Rafa brigade in the media, that's my yardstick, so why would I consider our supporters to be any different? It may be that it's their ignorance, as opposed to cynicism, that is the catalyst for their dislike, but it's still the same outcome, judgement massively impaired by personal vendetta's or an inability to process information fairly.

I would walk to Milan and carry the bloke to Anfield on my back. Perhaps stopping off at Paco's house on the way and knocking their heads together.

Agree with every word.

I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but I agree 100%

Benitez is not coming back anytime soon, if at all, and the next manager provided it's not O'Neil or any other POMO loving gobshite deserves our total support.

What, seriously?

He is not coming back, it would not be good for the club, not for him, not for anyone. We need a new face, a young manager, someone with a clear vision and understanding of modern football, someone who can unite the fans. As long as there are "winners" and "losers" with this whole manager debate, be it Rafa or Roy or whoever, we get nowhere.

If he was serious, he was seriously short sighted...

I want him back here, and I'd chin any fucker who questions him and that includes first team players.

I love Benitez more than I've ever loved a single Liverpool player, he epitomised everything good about this club, everything pure.

If anyone understands FSV's philosophy then it would be Benitez, and I think that would extend to Comolli as well, and certainly Dalglish.

It's not a weakness to admit that a mistake was made, sometimes the hardest thing in the World to do is to admit a mistake and go back and rectify it. This is the case with Rafa, he was sacked due to politics, not because he was a bad manager. It's time to right these wrongs, the wrongs that have hung over the club like a bad smell, the decisions of Purslow need fixing.

Bringing Rafa back would bring equilibrium back to the club, Rafa was here before Hicks and Gillett, he was successful before them, so it's time to pretend that they never happened, get Rafa back in and let's pretend it's 2007 all over again, a time when he had boardroom backing and we had the World at our feet.

And I so dearly want to see the looks on Keys and Grays faces at having to say he is Liverpool manager again. Let's make Europe tremble once more, let's get the manager back who brought in the likes of Johnson and Torres, after all, this is the manager who had a plan for them and knew how to use them. Let's not throw everything away now. With Rafa back then we could be 18 months away from greatness. With a new manager, we could be 4 years away from attempting it, once they get rid of players and bring in their own.

Everything about the club is set-up in Rafa's image, from the youth team, to Melwood, to the coaches, to the first team players. Let him finish what he started, let's not waste all this.

One bad year, one awful year, beset by injuries and beach-balls and more injuries. And we still were better than we are now. One bad year. Every manager has them, it's a measure of a football club when they can see past form. Under Purslow we turned into a knee-jerk club, we turned into Newcastle, sacking a manager like that, how fucking embarrassing that was.

If I thought Rafa was bad for this football club then I'd be the first to dismiss the idea. But he's the very best thing to have happened to this football club since Dalglish, he understands the club, he understands the fans. Why are people looking elsewhere for someone that's already proven all this?

An enemy of Benitz is an enemy of Liverpool Football Club. Look at the anti-Rafa brigade in the media, that's my yardstick, so why would I consider our supporters to be any different? It may be that it's their ignorance, as opposed to cynicism, that is the catalyst for their dislike, but it's still the same outcome, judgement massively impaired by personal vendetta's or an inability to process information fairly.

I would walk to Milan and carry the bloke to Anfield on my back. Perhaps stopping off at Paco's house on the way and knocking their heads together.

After all the tantrums about "control" you really think Rafa would accept working with Cammoli, would he fuck he'd have owen brown pimping him around Europe before you could say Director of Football stratedgy. Let's say he wanted to pay £20m on a average 28 year old striker and £18m on a player injured more than he's fit when he's told to get a grip, still think he'd accept FSV. He's gone and not coming back it was the right decision to get rid it was a bad decision to replace him with hodgson, FSV will correct it and it won't be with Rafa.

Brought in Johnson? Is that an achievement, we paid £18m more for him to replace a much better player we sold for £3.5m and your boasting about that!

A world-class coach who loves the city, the club, its fans. With a supportive Board, I believe he'd have us challenging again, and quickly.

There were times when Benitez had me tearing my hair out (when I could find what's left). But over the six years these were far outnumbered by the good times he provided. He made me proud of my club.

He shouldn't come back, he had his go and it didn't work out like we had hoped.

A new manager who will stay for a long time and build a legacy that matches the previous legacies put in place at our great club, is exactly what is needed.

And to knock United of their fucking perch and make us great and proud again.

After all the tantrums about "control" you really think Rafa would accept working with Cammoli, would he fuck he'd have owen brown pimping him around Europe before you could say Director of Football stratedgy. Let's say he wanted to pay £20m on a average 28 year old striker and £18m on a player injured more than he's fit when he's told to get a grip, still think he'd accept FSV. He's gone and not coming back it was the right decision to get rid it was a bad decision to replace him with hodgson, FSV will correct it and it won't be with Rafa.

Brought in Johnson? Is that an achievement, we paid £18m more for him to replace a much better player we sold for £3.5m and your boasting about that!

He wanted control because Rick Parry was a clueless cunt and was poor at closing out deals, like Dani Alves & Malouda.

If you saw players not coming to our club because of shit twats like Parry, then you'd be a bit frustrated aswell and would want control of transfers, wouldn't you?

Plus, wouldn't you want control of the academy when it hadn't produced anything since 2001