You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

Rafa needed Liverpool more than we needed him. We supported him financially more than any other manager in our history. Now we're fucked. Yep, let's sing his name from the Melwood rooftops.

I'd typed out a response and then deleted it. Fuck it. There's no reasoning with the likes of yourself. You hate the fella and won't change your opinion. Fair enough. It's pointless arguing.

I can see the good Rafa did for the club, can thank him for them and recognise his faults and that his time came to an end. Much like with Houllier. If you're too consumed by bitterness and hatred towards the man that coached us to a European Cup win and having us feared all over Europe while winning at San Siro, Camp Nou and the Bernebau etc. then that's your look out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 20/1 for a reason Paddy.

(I find it apt that you spend mucho timeo defending Roy and have that avatar, are you watching the correct sport son?)

And were did you hear me defending Roy?I'll admit I wanted him to succeed and I actually thought he would, but it's obvious he's not the right man and a change and a new begining with long term success in mind needs to happen, and it will might be June though. I just don't call the man names etc doesn't mean I'll give him blind support

Go Pats!

More like £65m, and Rafa got £20m of that back from sales to Dossena, Riera and Keane.

You want to try your sums again?

Johnson only cost £8m in cash, and that is your prime grumble, not the apparent value of the deal including Peter Crouch, whose wages we could no longer afford.

But you already knew that.

And why are all Rafa's signings judged in their first season as a success or failure, yet Redknapp's, Wenger's, Ferguson's and Anceolotti's are not?

Nasri, Song, Palacios, Keane (re-signed...), Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ramires...none of whom have looked particular value for money in their first season but you don't hear about these mangers having it thrown in their faces like Aquilani has been for Rafa.

You don't deserve to be able to share an opinion of football with people, you have no opinion, just blanks that you fill in with tabloid wank.

Johnson cost £18m, whatever way it was paid it's still £18m genius

Finishing 2nd after 5 years and failing to win a trophy for 3 years with a squad you assembled after Spending £200m is not a success, no matter who the manager is, i've pointed out 5 major transfers in a 14 month period costing nearly £80m and not one was a success, he signed those players, not Hicks and Gillet, not Parry or Purslow, Rafa did, had 2/3 of them been a success he'd have kept his job, they weren't and the squad is poor over the shit dealings

Berbatov, Anderson, Hargreaves, Nani, Tosic, Llajic are some of the shite players the mancs signed in that period for around £100 million.

Before that, Mourhino bought Shevshenko, Ferreira, Wright Philips, Kezman, Tiago, Jarosik, Del Horno, Kalou, Mikel, Boularouz and Malouda for £150 Million.

Berbatov, Nani, and Malouda may now be seen by some as 'successes' but they were all going to be shipped out at one point as flops.

If Rafa had been in the position to rectify his mistakes by either flogging them off and being allowed to reinvest the proceeeds or just utilising them as squad players until they 'came good' we would have been more successful.

Yes, Chelsea and the Mancs won all the leagues going at the time. But that doesnt mean that their managers didnt sign a load of shite during that time.

If Hicks & Gillett had bought a few £20 & £30 million+ players to go along with Reina, Mascherano, Alonso, Torres & Gerrard, like all the winners of the league have done before, during and after Rafas time here, we'd have won the league (imo).

You're more than entitled to your opinion. Luckily, so am I, and I think you're a massive shit-rocket.

I also agree with that. So that's two people in quick succession who believe Hades to be a shit-rocket.

It's not looking too good for you Hades, maybe it's time to stop commenting on things you clearly don't have a firm grasp on. Or maybe you want to do a follow up post on how you think the Hadron Collider is 'clearly faulty' and 'asking for trouble'?

Or perhaps a few lines about migrant policy in the UK, where you can tell us how you once talked to a couple from Somalia and how you thought you were being followed for a month afterwards?

More like £65m, and Rafa got £20m of that back from sales to Dossena, Riera and Keane.

You want to try your sums again?

Johnson only cost £8m in cash, and that is your prime grumble, not the apparent value of the deal including Peter Crouch, whose wages we could no longer afford.

But you already knew that.

And why are all Rafa's signings judged in their first season as a success or failure, yet Redknapp's, Wenger's, Ferguson's and Anceolotti's are not?

Nasri, Song, Palacios, Keane (re-signed...), Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ramires...none of whom have looked particular value for money in their first season but you don't hear about these mangers having it thrown in their faces like Aquilani has been for Rafa.

You don't deserve to be able to share an opinion of football with people, you have no opinion, just blanks that you fill in with tabloid wank.

Why come on here and spout all that "tabloid shite" ? I'm not knocking Rafa but Keane , Riera and Dosena were all sold for less than we paid for them and in Dosena and Keane's case it would have been difficult to judge them on more than a season cos they didn't last too long did they? Crouch BTW went for more money and because he felt he would get more game time I think a lot of fans also consider his signing to have been decent.

Johnson cost £18m, whatever way it was paid it's still £18m genius

No, it's not. We agreed to sell Crouch to Pompey for £10m.

We later want to buy Johnson and they offer him to us for £8m and to forego the rest of payments on the Crouch deal. Rather than us lose £10m, which would have been the case, we chose to leverage it against Pompey's rediculous valuation of Johnson, which was £18m.

By the way, Chelsea matched our offer in cash.

We paid £8m for Johnson in exchange for basically giving Crouch to Portsmouth.

Had Pompey not been gasping for air at the time, they wouldn't have valued him at £18m. It was a hopeful valuation by them, but we had £10m of bluff points with them.

Chelsea on the other hand, were mental enough to offer it in full, and offer him more wages.

No, it's not. We agreed to sell Crouch to Pompey for £10m.

We later want to buy Johnson and they offer him to us for £8m and to forego the rest of payments on the Crouch deal. Rather than us lose £10m, which would have been the case, we chose to leverage it against Pompey's rediculous valuation of Johnson, which was £18m.

By the way, Chelsea matched our offer in cash.

We paid £8m for Johnson in exchange for basically giving Crouch to Portsmouth.

Had Pompey not been gasping for air at the time, they wouldn't have valued him at £18m. It was a hopeful valuation by them, but we had £10m of bluff points with them.

Chelsea on the other hand, were mental enough to offer it in full, and offer him more wages.

So it was £8m and crouch, what do you value that at? And it was £11.5m we sold crouch for I think

Had Hicks and Gillett given Rafa the £12m back that he raised from Keane's sale in Jan, then we could have won the league that year. Instead, we had NGog as sole back-up to Nando. It wasn't Rafa's fault that that money just vanished when it hit our accounts.

Only Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, and Dalglish have won the Premier League for the 18 years during which it's been around. Rafa was 4 points off winning the league, we scored 9 more goals than United, and only conceded 3 more than them. It was our title and that £12m robbed us of it.

To rub salt into the wounds, Ferguson won the Manager of the Year award despite Benitez's achievement being much more impressive, Vidic won player of the Year despite only conceding 3 goals less than us and us thumping them 4-1 away, Van Der Sar won the Golden Glove mostly because they jammed an 11 match streak of not conceding a goal, and the PFA Player Player of the Year was won by Ryan Giggs. Benitez won manager of the month twice that season, and still lost the LMA Manager of the Year trophy to David Moyes.

Rafa was roundly ignored and dismissed by the authorities and his fellow managers when it came to awards and achievements. And this cemented the view that he was a failure in some people's eyes.

I love Rafa, he's the antidote to this horrible, disgusting world of professional footballer that we live in where everyone fears the establishment and is scared to try something new. How many teams were using 4231 before Rafa brought it to the Premiership?

If you don't 'get' what Benitez was trying to do, then I certainly am not the man to show patience enough to try to explain it to you. Natural selection, unlucky, you were just never meant to see the bigger picture.

I'd typed out a response and then deleted it. Fuck it. There's no reasoning with the likes of yourself. You hate the fella and won't change your opinion. Fair enough. It's pointless arguing.

I can see the good Rafa did for the club, can thank him for them and recognise his faults and that his time came to an end. Much like with Houllier. If you're too consumed by bitterness and hatred towards the man that coached us to a European Cup win and having us feared all over Europe while winning at San Siro, Camp Nou and the Bernebau etc. then that's your look out.

If you want to slobber over someone, why not do it over the men who built this club yet only earned a fraction of the money and hero-worship Benitez does for 2 1/2 decent seasons from 6?

Maybe if Benitez wasn't egged on by blind support from Rawk-like zealots he wouldn't have ranted at Ferguson and handed him the title.

If you want to slobber over someone, why not do it over the men who built this club yet only earned a fraction of the money and hero-worship Benitez does for 2 1/2 decent seasons from 6?

Are you retarded? As if anyone supports Benitez at the expense of Shankly.

Had Hicks and Gillett given Rafa the £12m back that he raised from Keane's sale in Jan, then we could have won the league that year. Instead, we had NGog as sole back-up to Nando. It wasn't Rafa's fault that that money just vanished when it hit our accounts.

Only Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, and Dalglish have won the Premier League for the 18 years during which it's been around. Rafa was 4 points off winning the league, we scored 9 more goals than United, and only conceded 3 more than them. It was our title and that £12m robbed us of it.

To rub salt into the wounds, Ferguson won the Manager of the Year award despite Benitez's achievement being much more impressive, Vidic won player of the Year despite only conceding 3 goals less than us and us thumping them 4-1 away, Van Der Sar won the Golden Glove mostly because they jammed an 11 match streak of not conceding a goal, and the PFA Player Player of the Year was won by Ryan Giggs. Benitez won manager of the month twice that season, and still lost the LMA Manager of the Year trophy to David Moyes.

Rafa was roundly ignored and dismissed by the authorities and his fellow managers when it came to awards and achievements. And this cemented the view that he was a failure in some people's eyes.

I love Rafa, he's the antidote to this horrible, disgusting world of professional footballer that we live in where everyone fears the establishment and is scared to try something new. How many teams were using 4231 before Rafa brought it to the Premiership?

If you don't 'get' what Benitez was trying to do, then I certainly am not the man to show patience enough to try to explain it to you. Natural selection, unlucky, you were just never meant to see the bigger picture.

Good post that mate, agree with a lot of it.

Maybe if Benitez wasn't egged on by blind support from Rawk-like zealots he wouldn't have ranted at Ferguson and handed him the title.

1/ It was no rant, it was carefully timed and calmly delivered. For rant see: Keegan-sky, or recent Holloway -press.

2/ You may want to look at our form post "rant".

If only we could be feared all over England, he might still be here.

But I'm sure those European successes will influence Moratti when he ponders over RB's future there, rather than the more relevant-to-today surrenders to Spurs and Bremen.