You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our best game of the season was a 2-1 victory over Blackburn. Fuck me sideways... He's going down. We'll get embarrassed vs. Chelsea.

NESV have admitted themselves that they ar not used to football. Their advisors include the men who hired him in the first place. Added to that £2.5 million payoff. With the superfans he has in the press...i think it will be an elongated process.

Whether he should be sacked is a different story.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... thats why I said Alexis Sanchez for the right, and Eden Hazard for the right. We would add two genuinely pacey, skillful, attackers for our flanks. I see Suarez as more central and we need width.

Both really good players.

Suarez would link up well with Torres imo,him with either Hazard or Sanchez on the wing would make a major difference to our play.

Another player id love us to would be sign would be Pastore of Palmero.

There some really good options around if we have the money.

Pastore-Defour

Sanchez-Hazard

Marin-Young

Suarez-Vučinić-Lukaku

Both really good players.

Suarez would link up well with Torres imo,him with either Hazard or Sanchez on the wing would make a major difference to our play.

Another player id love us to would be sign would be Pastore of Palmero.

There some really good options around if we have the money.

Pastore-Defour

Sanchez-Hazard

Marin-Young

Suarez-Vučinić-Lukaku

Isn't that setup just a bit too attacking?

Wouldn't signing Suarez mean that we'd be pigeon-holed into a 4-4-2. Something that I really do not want to see the return of. Good player that he is, I'd sooner bring in a player into the squad like Lukaku, Wickham or somebody of that ilk than a £20m + signing that would have to play every week.

Suarez is a pretty versatile player from what I've seen, we could easily switch to 4-3-3 with him and Kuyt/Babel/Maxi/Cole/Jovo playing wide.

I don't watch a lot of football in the other european leagues to be honest, but from what I have seen and heard, the prospect of signing either of these two players is quite exciting.

Suarez looked quality it the WC, but I might be a little put off by the big price tag (£25 million+?) for a player coming from the dutch league.

I take it Hazard is a much less expensive option? I've been just as impressed with him when I've seen him play, so I'd probably rather him, he's exactly the kind of player we need.

Wickham is a good shout, with the added bonus of being a red. Has shown plenty of potential and would be much more in the realistic price range. Marc Albrighton would be an interesting addition as well, for the right wing.

Like Lance, would prefer Alexis Sanchez over Suarez...just think he has so much more in his locker. Hazard would be fantastic....wouldn't mind Marin as an alternative.

Wickham is a good shout, with the added bonus of being a red. Has shown plenty of potential and would be much more in the realistic price range. Marc Albrighton would be an interesting addition as well, for the right wing.

Like Lance, would prefer Alexis Sanchez over Suarez...just think he has so much more in his locker. Hazard would be fantastic....wouldn't mind Marin as an alternative.

Seen this wickham kids name mentioned a few times usually alongside '10 million' and 'good signing for us'.

Not sure how paying 10 million on a kid barely out of nappies for a team in our position can ever be described as a good signing.

Seen this wickham kids name mentioned a few times usually alongside '10 million' and 'good signing for us'.

Not sure how paying 10 million on a kid barely out of nappies for a team in our position can ever be described as a good signing.

I'd agree, if the figure was a flat fee of 10m it would be too much of a gamble. It may be a case of the club setting the initial negotiating hand high, as is usually the case. With unproven younger players like this its usually a case of a much smaller fee with the performance/appearance related fee's bundled package weighted .....which would be much more acceptable and risk free financially...and sit well within a prudent policy.

Wickham has shown enough to suggest he has a long term future in the game....even if he doesn't quite develop the potential he has shown, he will still have resale value.

I've got a mate from Belgium, and he raves about Hazard like crazy. Normally you have to take people raving about their compatriots with a pinch of salt, but this guy is normally on the ball with his assesment of players.

Personally I haven't seen as much of him as I'd like, but from what I've seen he's very intelligent, positive and creative - and god knows we could use those attributes in the attacking third.

Alexis Sanchez's Wiki pages says:

In October 2010, Udinese agreed a fee of approx £12m for the transfer of Sanchez to English Premier League side Liverpool F.C. with the player deciding on the transfer

Alexis Sánchez (footballer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Suarez, Hazard, Sanchez and Affellay would be all be great additions and all are under the age of 25, so let's hope there's something in these rumours.

Wickham is a kid who's best achievement is doing well for the England U17 team. He's one for the future, but he wont add anything to liverpools first team in few years. He cant even get in the Ipswich team. Only in England would a 17 year old boy who has handful games cost 10 million pound

Guest PurpleNose

Alexis Sanchez would be an enormous risk.

He has the potential to score about 30 goals in his first season, but also has the potential to be sent off for diving in most games he plays.