You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Punishments

Pope

The brother of the victim told the Associated Press news agency that the injuries had been caused in a fight involving a meat cleaver.

He said his brother, who was left paralysed and later lost a foot, had asked a judge in Tabuk to impose an equivalent punishment on his attacker under Islamic law.

Don't know what Amnesty are complaining about. It sounds pretty lenient that they're not hacking one of his feet off as well.

knocked me sick that. Justice - even if it involves the death penalty - should be quick and cold and absolute, it shouldn't be sadistic, and that's about as sadistic as it gets, also, I'd like to see how a doctor would hold his head up high after doing harm like that.

BBC News - Saudi man 'faces spine-op punishment'

Crazy mofos!

Ouch!

Hey Pope....it is written that the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, claimed that he knew when the Day of Judgement will come. Do you know when the day of Judgement will come?

Meanwhile take care if in Saudi Arabria lest you accidently damage someone's bollocks, perhaps by accident. Because the law there requires bollocks for bollocks.

Those who remain conscious of their Lord shall be led in multitudes toward Paradise. When they reach it they shall find its doors wide open, and its wardens shall welcome them saying, "Peace be upon you; you have fared well; you have fared well. Enter this Garden of Delight and dwell therein forever." And they shall say: "Praise be to Allah, who fulfilled His promise and made us the inheritors of this land, in which may we dwell as we please. How splendid is the reward of the righteous!"

So it seems that the reward for bombing to smithereens all of the unbelieving infidel is to shag virgins for evermore.

Personally I don’t think that is a good enough incentive, presuming that your average virgin is going to be even worse than Paris Hilton, although I personally find that hard to imagine.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
knocked me sick that.

Same here. Nothing will change until we've got somebody in charge of America and the UK that is willing to take some sort of action.

Still, when they've got so much money - so much of their people's money - invested into American financial institutions, there's little they're willing to do.

Same here. Nothing will change until we've got somebody in charge of America and the UK that is willing to take some sort of action.

What business is it of the UK or US to dictate the Saudi's penal code? I bet if it were up to you, Saudi would abandon their current justice system, which actually deters crime, and embrace the pathetic one that is currently in use in the UK, a system which has become a joke. At least criminals fear the punishments the Saudi's dish out. Criminals in this country laugh at our justice system. You have insane situations where career criminals have been jailed dozens of times yet continue to commit crime. Unscrupulous lawyers use various loopholes found in European law to win leniency or even total clemency for some of the worst scum humanity has to offer. The Saudi's administer swift justice that is befitting of the crime that was committed, which helps ensure public confidence in the justice system and acts as a deterrence for other would-be criminals. That is something we lost a long time ago in this country.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, we know you thoughts on barbaric penalties for crime, Mist. Nobody actually takes you seriously.

I bet you'd love to have a law that allows the government to chop people's hands of for steeling, wouldn't you?

Guest TesticleOReilly
Yeah, we know you thoughts on barbaric penalties for crime, Mist. Nobody actually takes you seriously.

I bet you'd love to have a law that allows the government to chop people's hands of for steeling, wouldn't you?

Alright, hands up everyone who's been done for theiving!

I'm not advocating we adopt such laws, I'm merely pointing out that Saudi's penal code actually helps to deter crime whereas ours, which you're championing has done nothing to reduce crime. Your haughty, self-righteous attitude in trying to dictate the type of justice system another country should be adopting is pathetic.

I'm not advocating we adopt such laws, I'm merely pointing out that Saudi's penal code actually helps to deter crime whereas ours, which you're championing has done nothing to reduce crime. Your haughty, self-righteous attitude in trying to dictate the type of justice system another country should be adopting is pathetic.

Do you have proof for this assertion?

And hasn't our crime rate reduced in the past 10 years? BBC News - Crime in England and Wales at 29-year low, survey shows

Because you do know that capital punishment has absolutely no evidence to suggest it deters crime!

Guest TK-421
I'm not advocating we adopt such laws, I'm merely pointing out that Saudi's penal code actually helps to deter crime whereas ours, which you're championing has done nothing to reduce crime.

If it's so great why don't you move there? It sounds like your cup of tea. Public executions and all that.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Mist, what should the Saudi's do about the large number of crimes that are punished outside the judicial system that don't make it into your penal code statistics?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm not advocating we adopt such laws, I'm merely pointing out that Saudi's penal code actually helps to deter crime whereas ours, which you're championing has done nothing to reduce crime.

Firstly, your assertion is wrong. Secondly, would you show me where I've championed our criminal system. I won't hold my breath, as I've never done it.

Your haughty, self-righteous attitude in trying to dictate the type of justice system another country should be adopting is pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as you lying. I said nothing of the sort. You've simply read (incorrectly) into the few words that I have said.

You have insane situations where career criminals have been jailed dozens of times yet continue to commit crime. Unscrupulous lawyers use various loopholes found in European law to win leniency or even total clemency for some of the worst scum humanity has to offer. The Saudi's administer swift justice that is befitting of the crime that was committed, which helps ensure public confidence in the justice system and acts as a deterrence for other would-be criminals. That is something we lost a long time ago in this country.

redmistposter.jpg