You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Forget the good times, the picture has changed" (pt 2)

dave u

From today's Times:

"Benitez’s enmity towards the ex-Chelsea boss surfaced when pre-season training began last week. Benitez was unhappy that Inter’s training complex was decorated with an image of Mourinho winning the league and asked that a reproduction of a Gazzetta dello Sport front page be removed."

On a totally unrelated subject, today's Mail apparently says that Insua's sale, combined with the release of Aurelio means that Andrea Dossena is now the only recognized left back on the books. Deary me.

Ahh the Mail, that bastion of high journalism. Thank god they have corrected me in my belief that we had already sold him.

Yep, the same daily wail that has been printing a series of articles running LFC down. Who can forget the 'crocked' Liverpool star Torres wanted by chelsea, or Liverpool hit new low(!) with Europa League draw and Mascherano snubbs Hodgson.

Total utter gobshites. Just like chelsea I suppose.

Wonder if a portion of the Inter fans are up in arms about this one being taken down.

From what I seen on here it was who allegedly took it down that had people up in arms, If it was Roy I doubt anyone had a problem.

Still we need to go over all this again and have everyone having a ten page arguing match, don't we?

I'm sure all of those who were outraged the other week will be simarly perplexed.

Not me - I couldn't give a fuck what goes on behind the scenes at INTER MILAN (Liverpool, on the other hand, I do).

But not for nothing, Benitez hates Mourinho for a lot of slights aimed at him, and the club he was managing, which of course was LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. Slights which nearly every member of this forum agreed with at the time.

The fact that people have seemingly forgotten just what an odious cunt Mourinho was, and why Benitez would hate him, shows just how far things have got on here.

Not me - I couldn't give a fuck what goes on behind the scenes at INTER MILAN (Liverpool, on the other hand, I do).

But not for nothing, Benitez hates Mourinho for a lot of slights aimed at him, and the club he was managing, which of course was LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. Slights which nearly every member of this forum agreed with at the time.

The fact that people have seemingly forgotten just what an odious cunt Mourinho was, and why Benitez would hate him, shows just how far things have got on here.

What does that even mean?

The Times article also said Benitez wants Kuyt as well as Masch, and is planning a move for Pienaar too. They claim that will cost around £40m, and to raise the money they want to sell Balotelli to City. City are offering £25m but Inter want £34m.

£34m for Balotelli!!!! Madness. What I don't get, is when Rafa was being linked with that job Inter were going on about an £80m warchest. Now they're crying it in about selling to buy, and Masch being too expensive etc

I'm not buying this pauper routine, they must have money coming out of their ears. The problem we have though, is we can't play hardball over Mascherano and hold out for his true worth, because we need to fuck him off and use the cash to go and buy players now.

The Times article also said Benitez wants Kuyt as well as Masch, and is planning a move for Pienaar too. They claim that will cost around £40m, and to raise the money they want to sell Balotelli to City. City are offering £25m but Inter want £34m.

£34m for Balotelli!!!! Madness. What I don't get, is when Rafa was being linked with that job Inter were going on about an £80m warchest. Now they're crying it in about selling to buy, and Masch being too expensive etc

I'm not buying this pauper routine, they must have money coming out of their ears. The problem we have though, is we can't play hardball over Mascherano and hold out for his true worth, because we need to fuck him off and use the cash to go and buy players now.

His contract is also running down, and him his bastard agents have made it very public and clear he is desperate to leave. Now with it being no secret we need to sell, and Inter being the only suitors, the only way we won't get bent over a barrel is if Barcelona and maybe someone else becomes interested. I'm sure if Barcelona became interested, Inter would have to pay more as Benitez would be really pissed off if he doesn't get Mascherano.

The only hope of us not getting ripped off is now that Barca can't afford to pay Arsenal's asking price for Fibreglass, we can only hope they come in for Mascherano, starting some sort of small bidding war. Whereby we may get an extra £5-10 million.

Masch has clearly burnt all bridges here. It's almost certain he won't wear the shirt again.

What I don't get, is when Rafa was being linked with that job Inter were going on about an £80m warchest.

that was Juve, Dave, not Inter

One of many articles of how we are perceived in the Spanish press in recent weeks -

Print Edition - -18/7/2010 sport.es

HEAVY WEIGHTS WANT TO LEAVE THE CLUB

Liverpool breaks

The legendary England team is one step of breaking up their economic problems. The stars are leaking

Fernando Torres is Liverpool's most important player

Paul Giblin

Liverpool looks like a ship adrift after the departure of Rafa Benitez. The difficult economic situation is going on the English club could lead to the overhaul of this team with the departure of heavyweights. Although the club denies it, Fernando Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard are almost out and the money paid will cover holes in the organization unless a billionaire buy Liverpool in the coming days. The situation is desperate.

The first to go would be Fernando Torres in what could be the star of the market operation. The striker met a few days with his new coach, Roy Hodgson, anything but assured. And is not enough, the Chelsea has increased its first bid for Torres. Last week put on the table € 50 million and now goes by 60. The offer is irrechazable and also Torres is the work going.

Several British rotary assume that the deal will close next week and Torres signed contract for the next six seasons.The environment is quiet of the player, but Torres admits that pierced, can go in the Premiership.

Another is the open front of Mascherano. Liverpool manager himself has admitted that the Argentine did not pick up the phone since the end of the World and its future is increasingly uncertain. It seems that the representatives had informed him and Mascherano to the English club who do not wish to continue and wants to accept the offer from Inter Milan. His departure could be around 20 million euros, but Liverpool would be without their great stronghold in the midfield.

The last to go through office has been the captain Steve Gerrard. Want to leave because he sees nothing clear the sports project and understands the entity is at the perfect age to sign a final contract. Gerrard's problem is that, so far not received any firm proposal. Real Madrid approached him, but withdrew his transfer targets for the player's age. You are now on the market and Manchester United, Liverpool rival, could benefit from it.

Remains to be seen as the status of players like Kuyt and Pepe Reina. They have not spoken, but not at all clear who wish to remain at Anfield. A drama.

His contract is also running down, and him his bastard agents have made it very public and clear he is desperate to leave. Now with it being no secret we need to sell, and Inter being the only suitors, the only way we won't get bent over a barrel is if Barcelona and maybe someone else becomes interested. I'm sure if Barcelona became interested, Inter would have to pay more as Benitez would be really pissed off if he doesn't get Mascherano.

The only hope of us not getting ripped off is now that Barca can't afford to pay Arsenal's asking price for Fibreglass, we can only hope they come in for Mascherano, starting some sort of small bidding war. Whereby we may get an extra £5-10 million.

Masch has clearly burnt all bridges here. It's almost certain he won't wear the shirt again.

Sadly true. I don't want him wearing the shirt again now anyway. How far is Florence from Milan? Maybe if he gets some extra powerful binoculars he can still stare at Insua from his new apartment!