You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's just utter shite. It really is. Sissoko is a very good tackler but it was nearly always when trying to get the ball back as a result of his utterly woeful first touch and passing. All he ever did was give the ball away.

I've no problem with people not wanting Parker at the club, but this utter bolox that he is now a shite player is just tiresome and quite frankly childish as it comes across as a spurned kid not getting to keep his first choice present so everything else is shit. Parker is a very good player and if it wasn't for the injury issue then he would be a very attractive option.

ahh Johnny you disappoint me, I didn't think you'd ever stoop to using that old chestnut.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i have. mascheranos passing is poor. doesn't mean they aren't good players. Henry could never head the ball but was fucking superb. Momo made up for it with his dominance and was at his best when he'd just give iit short and simple, which wasn't always on.

Either way you look at it Scott Parker is average at best. I have no idea why you're defending him so much hes at his level

I'm not defending Scott Parker. I'm actually saying that Sissoko is not good enough. As I've said, I'd rather someone else other then Parker, and certainly someone other then Sissoko. However, I'd take Parker as a squad player if he was cheap.

This is just going to turn into the old Rafa shite of if you didn't want Rafa sacked you therefore thought he was brilliant and can do no wrong isn't it? Can't be fucked. You can all go back to your blind little land where players who helped us to 30 points off the top are great and we need them back like Sissoko and Crouch.

I'm not defending Scott Parker. I'm actually saying that Sissoko is not good enough. As I've said, I'd rather someone else other then Parker, and certainly someone other then Sissoko. However, I'd take Parker as a squad player if he was cheap.

This is just going to turn into the old Rafa shite of if you didn't want Rafa sacked you therefore thought he was brilliant and can do no wrong isn't it? Can't be fucked. You can all go back to your blind little land where players who helped us to 30 points off the top are great and we need them back like Sissoko and Crouch.

He's gone, get over it.

Lucas in 1-2 years time > Scott Parker.

Sissoko was up there with the best defensive mids before his eye & shoulder injury. He lost confidence after his shoulder injury and never really recovered from that.

I agree with you though, I would take Parker instead of Sissoko, he's more of a complete package.

I've no problem with people not wanting Parker at the club, but this utter bolox that he is now a shite player is just tiresome and quite frankly childish as it comes across as a spurned kid not getting to keep his first choice present so everything else is shit.

It's not "now", I've never thought he was very good. I fact I prefer having Lucas to getting Parker. There's nothing childish in it, either, I simply see football that way.

If I had my choice in the present situation, I'd replace Mascherano with a different type of player, someone who can pass and create. No Poulsen, no Parker, if a DM is necessary, go for Marquez. As a first choice, I'd simply keep Lucas and Spearing as defensive midfielders, play one of them when needed.

I must be in the minority then, as I think Sissoko was really quite poor apart from a few games. His distribution was just awful. Him, Kuyt and Lucas in the same team would be like watching a pinball machine.

Lucas is better than Sissoko imo, but Parker is better than both of them. He's no world beater, but he has more skill and vision than either of the others.

I can't believe what I'm seeing, surely people are on a fucking wind up?!

Parker is shit. Older than Mascher and would cost a stupid fee because he's British.

For not much more than Parker we couls buy Kheidira or Diarra who are both younger and better footballers than Masch and have money left.

If we could get poulsen for a decent fee (around 5m) then i would be happy enough as he is a good dm, he has not looked good for juve as he hasnt played next to anyone creative and his lack of creativity has shown, his defensive side is good and this is the kind of player we need.It would also leave a large amount for roy to invest in over areas such as cover for up front.

I think we are after him roy signed him when he was an unknown and knows all about him.