You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Another 20 years in the wilderness? How you people can put up with this shit, I dont understand.

Because they're all fuckin sheep mate who have become accustomed to accepting shite, this just puts the top hat on it.

A Yank appointment that no one wants, so they prefix this with "But I will give him my full support when he comes" like some sort of mindless zombie thinking it makes then a 'better' fan than you or me.

Because they're all fuckin sheep mate who have become accustomed to accepting shite, this just puts the top hat on it.

A Yank appointment that no one wants, so they prefix this with "But I will give him my full support when he comes" like some sort of mindless zombie thinking it makes then a 'better' fan than you or me.

Fuck off yer big tool. Thats bullshit.

This is the thing, it's not a question of Hodgson's credentials, it's about the job he is being brought into to do and the reasons why he is the boards favoured choice.

It's a damage limitation exercise and a managerial appointment lacking any sort of ambition.

This is where we are now as a club and we as fans are on the whole, pretty much laying down and accepting it.

So, fuck off Uncle Roy, you're not wanted.

Fucking Quim. So youd give Joe Royle a chance? Brian Kidd? Roy fucking Hodgson? Is this what we've come to? Bell ends the lot of yiz.

What are you going to do about it then? Wait for him in an alleyway with two snooker balls in a sock? Grow up. Like I said, I don't want him. No way. But I won't be on his back hoping he fails either. I want the team to do as well as they can, even with the club rotten through. What's your alternative, or are you just a gobshite?

I think it is fine that people don't want Hodgson, as long ad they have valid reasons.

But if he is appointed I hope people will get behind him, despite him not being their first choice.

However I do not like it how people are telling him to "fuck off" even before he has arrived - he doesn't deserve that type of welcome / abuse, we are better than that, especially to someone like Roy who is a gentleman of the game.

Edited by LFD

Can’t recall a more unpopular appointment than Roy Hodgson, not sure he quite understands this from his insulated position in Africa. Purslow does understand, this horrible conceited individual understands exactly although I think he made a mistake involving Daglish who is untouchable, believe he thought if he had (and could publicly state) Dalglish backed the decision, the support would follow, whole things turned back in on the twat I think.

Too many twats in positions of power at Anfield with their own inflated egos to serve before that of the club, this is not a football decision, Hodgson doesn’t compare with Benitez nor Dalglish and that’s a fucking fact, anyone who thinks differently has their own agenda such as that (Liverpool Supporter!) cunt Bascombe. Anyone without an agenda who disagrees is a fucking knob.

Quite disappointed after the recent Pellegrini rumour. Not keen on Hodgson being appointed.

Think this might have some legs given that it's come from Maddock, or as he's otherwise known the Christian Purslow Press Association.

So do you think there could be truth in his "could have about 50 million to spend" line? I sreongly doubt it:(

What are you going to do about it then? Wait for him in an alleyway with two snooker balls in a sock? Grow up. Like I said, I don't want him. No way. But I won't be on his back hoping he fails either. I want the team to do as well as they can, even with the club rotten through. What's your alternative, or are you just a gobshite?

I want our team to win the League/ European Cup (I'm 'lucky', i've seen us win 5 in my lifetime). I never thought i'd see us get rid of a manager who won us a European Cup for some shite, no mark 'nice guy' who will guide us to 6th place.

And for that reason, Fuck off Hodgson.

• Upvote 1

Fair, I'm sure the 50 million part's not true, but given that Hodgson will doubtless be a controversial appointment as far as many fans are concerned I'm sure there will be a hypothetical sweetener that fails to materialise. People will be more tolerable of the appointment if they think he's going to have a war chest. By the time the transfer window closes with another net profit people will have gotten used to the appointment and the board can always reel out the platitudes about the world cup inflating fees etc.

I want our team to win the League/ European Cup (I'm 'lucky', i've seen us win 5 in my lifetime). I never thought i'd see us get rid of a manager who won us a European Cup for some shite, no mark 'nice guy' who will guide us to 6th place.

Well I don't disagree with any of that really. I just don't see what getting on his back from the start will get us. It's the cunt Purslow who is appointing him that we should be getting on to.

Guest simon

Maybe theres a chace that the rumoured takeover wanted Hodgson? Would explain the 50 mill bit i know im being a bit dreamy but i think there is something going on.