You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun going to Chelsea (with quotes)

There was an interview in one of the Argentinian papers a while back with Pellegrino where he was talking about our form. One of the things he mentioned was the difficultly putting together a consistent left side because all of the players for that slot were inconsistent (cyclical he called it). Putting out a line-up was guesswork because it was difficult to anticipate who would be in a "good moment" at any point in time. He mentioned Yossi and Riera specifically. Given that I'm not surprised the left-side is being re-worked.

With Jovanovic coming in, Yossi's big long contract and the fact the squad has glaring holes, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's going on here. Yossi is being sacrificed so we can plug the gaps that we don't have any transfer funds to fill otherwise.

If that is the case, would offloading Babel not make more sense?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aas for this thread and the million others that have gone the same way.... do we have to continually clutter up the board with this rafa love/hate in. Its got very tedious and quite frankly i can't see there being anything more to say on a

topic that already hasn't been covered hundreds of times.

After reading threads on here and other places with the same old arguments regurgitated about what is to me right now a very trivial talking point, all things considered, i keep thinking of this quote -

One Corinthians fan told me a few weeks ago that 'the badge is everything, the team are just a temporary representation of that badge. If you don't understand that, you get what you deserve'.

the squad he started last season with is a top 4 squad, the reason it did'nt finish in the top 4 was and is Benitez, he added 2 £18m players to a squad that finished 2nd, a year later we were 7th and down over 20 points. a different coach with a better menality to win games rather than play for a draw against relegation fodder will get alot more out of the current group of players

If we have the present ownership in place for another year or two, and have another year or two of nil investment, Jesus Christ himself will struggle to get us in the top 4, never mind Hodgson. That was the point I was making

BBC Sport - Football - Joe Cole set to leave Chelsea - Harry Redknapp

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he would like to sign out-of-contract Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole but feels he has agreed to move elsewhere.

Redknapp managed Cole at West Ham United and would love to be reunited with the England star next season.

Cole, 28, has failed to hold down a starting berth at Chelsea and his contract is due to expire this summer.

"I am a big fan of his but the feedback we've got is that he's already signed for somebody else," said Redknapp.

Redknapp was speaking following Cole's inclusion in Fabio Capello's England World Cup squad and feels that if the Chelsea man does not stay at Stamford Bridge he would be a useful acquisition for someone.

"Certainly in the summer someone is going to make a very good free signing if he doesn't stay at Chelsea.

"I don't think it's going to be Tottenham that sign him but if he hasn't agreed a deal with somebody and he doesn't stay at Chelsea then we would be interested."

Reports have suggested Cole and his representatives have angered Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich with their hard-line stance over wages during contract negotiations.

I wonder who he has signed for?! Could it be us as part of this Benayoun deal?

4 years without a trophy chief remember that, and his 2 success were mainly with a team he inherited especially 2005, so thats 6 years £270m spent and failed to build a team capable of winning a trophy while playing some of the worst football i've ever seen, still happy?

Liverpool supporters know their football they say:whatever:

So fucking what? You think Houllier would have won that trophy? People who throw away Rafa's achievements because they hate him are as blind as those who will admit no wrong from him. He's a decent manager who has lost his way that's all. No need to demonize the man.

So fucking what? You think Houllier would have won that trophy? People who throw away Rafa's achievements because they hate him are as blind as those who will admit no wrong from him. He's a decent manager who has lost his way that's all. No need to demonize the man.

Amen.

Indeed.

Ironically, Houllier's best chance was lost when he made a bizarre decision with Hamann and we conceded 3 goals in one half!

4 years without a trophy chief remember that, and his 2 success were mainly with a team he inherited especially 2005, so thats 6 years £270m spent and failed to build a team capable of winning a trophy while playing some of the worst football i've ever seen, still happy?

As I said a couple of weeks ago....it's coming, it's only a matter of time. Bit by bit all of the support structures to the house of cards are being eroded and sooner or later some blert is going to say something along the lines of "in fact the owners have been better for us than Benitez".

Mark my words, it's coming. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow but it will happen.

The bit bolded above is the kind of shit that allowed Hitler to take power.

Well, 'I declare' as they say in the Customs trade.

that's a good post.

Second placed finish? After he'd helped us to piss our best chance of winning the thing in years up against a wall with his negativity.

Agreed...

I mean it was not like we scored nowhere near the amount of goals that the mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal did...

Was it?