You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fan of Babel as a player but this thread is ridiculous. He wore a hat and a jacket? So fucking what!? He has tweeted numerous times over the past few months about Justice for the 96 and The S*n boycott. Those slagging him off should be ashamed of themselves.

You dont think a Liverpool player has an obligation to attend the Hillsborough memorial service?

Thankfully Rafa doesnt share such a view and would ensure all players attend, as they rightly should (injury etc permitting).

No I don't think anyone should ever be forced to attend anything, a memorial service should always be personal choice. If they then chose not to attend that may reflect badly in them, but it should be their choice. What is the value in forcing anyone to do something against their wishes? I think we saw that with itadge.

No I don't think anyone should ever be forced to attend anything, a memorial service should always be personal choice. If they then chose not to attend that may reflect badly in them, but it should be their choice. What is the value in forcing anyone to do something against their wishes? I think we saw that with itadge.

This is the correct answer.

Hillsborough luckily never affected me. I was 2 at the time. None of my family members thank God were not hurt or lost their lives in this sad tragedy. However as a liverpool fan this day affects me more than any other, (its aloso my mums birthday on the 15th- and many a time she has told me vividly about what she encontered on the telly) and I still remember the 96 especially on this day. That is my choice and no one has ever forced me to that otherwise. The day certainly did not affect Rafa and his family in spain but as the manager of Liverpool he choses to be at the service to represent respect.

I sat in the corner of main stand/ paddock today for the 21st time, after the service i was absolutely disgusted to see the players walk past me and see all but one wearing a club suit and looking respectable, step forward ryan babel, wearing a wooly hat and a parker coat with a big scarf, this is the flippant usual attitude of this twat and he should be sent on his merry way . Aquilani was first in the line and him and everyone showed respect to the families, survivors and fans. Its the same attitude at those yank twats, turn up and get paid, for fucking nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! REST IN PEACE 96.

Were you wearing a suit?

Edited by Tom R

WHERE YOU THERE?

Yes. Nearly killed, woken from a coma by Kenny. Next question. What people wear on these occasions means nothing. My Dad's funeral we requested that no-one wore black, at all. Some people still did. Everyone is different and the extra pressure our players are put under at this time of the year shows itself in different ways. As it does with every individual involved. There is no 'right' way to act/react on this day in my opinion.

some people on this forum just love to bash a player for fuck all!! i couldnt give a shit if he turned up wearing just boxer shorts aslong as he was respectful of the occasion.Fuck me what next Torres for not knowing the words to any of the hyms that were sung?? or the friends/relatives of those who were there to pay there respects but wore everton tops/scarfs??

its not about what you wear its about paying your respects to those who lost lifes..