You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barclays Capital Appointed to Find a Purchaser for the Club

redheart

How could there have been a 'fire sale'?

Parasites "We need to sell you Nando to pay our debts"

Nando "No, I'm not going, I don't want to go and you can't make me"

Parasites "Pleeeeeeeaaaasse"

if nando were put up for sale he'd leave at the very least it would burn our bridges with him like what happened with alonso.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Does anyone else think that bringing in Broughton Is stupid? He's been chairman of BA a company that has lost money for nearly 8 years now ( whilst he was calling the shots) and you only have to turn on the news to see the mess he has left them in.... So why did we give him a job? Frying pan and into the fire time! Just seems insaine... " hey you fucked up your company, come to us and see how we fucked up ours!"

That just isn't true.

BBC NEWS | Business | British Airways profits soar 45%

BBC NEWS | Business | BA profits up on ticket increases

RBS have forced their hands on this. H&G have decided that after investigating the possibility of a £100M loan with another provider in order to meet the RBS demand, the interest rates would be prohibitive and the loan not serviceable in the current circumstances.

The extension of the debt schedule by RBS is entirely contingent upon them committing to sell 100% on an agreed reserve price. The reason BarCap are involved is that BarCap believe this reserve is eminently achievable in the current market.

RBS and H&G would have carried on milking the Club,the Club is no longer the cash Cow.

Didn't last year RBS say Liverpool was well capable of servicing their debts,

Lying bastards,the only thing thats changed from last year it that there's no CL money this year

if nando were put up for sale he'd leave at the very least it would burn our bridges with him like what happened with alonso.

I don't know what you mean sorry!

It just seems to be lazy journalism, oh Liverpool aren't in the champions league, their fucked!

You can't sell a player who doesn't want to leave, and Nando is more than clued up enough about the current situation to realise he could simply say no and be a hero.

Hope you are right but

greed is what made them both rich.

Greed and knowing when to cut their losses made the rich. Now appears to be the time to cut and run.

You are right, there is no reason why LFC should be worth £450m now. Not even £350m. But looks like the cunts are showing the piece of paper containing stadium plan and approval to justify their asking price (I know, pie in the sky!).

I would have thought an offer price of around £300 Mill would get the attention of BarCap and lead to negotiations.

The problem is, with a £450m (or even £350m) price tag, it straight away blows true business people out of the equation. Because as soon as they add another £350m stadium cost and money to improve the team, they need a cool £900m - £1bn investment. It will probably take 20 years to even break even!

I wouldn't put too much credence behind those figures in that piece - as has been said, any businessman worth his salt will see that the naming rights will fetch a minimum of £150 Mill over each 10 year period. Corporate boxes (yes kiddies, get used to that) will also bring in another £4/£7 per season, effectively what I'm saying is that once this debt hurdle has been overcome the rest of it is essentially self funding. More so if the team is successful.

how fast do you think the club should break even with a stadium in tow?

Depends on what the stadium naming rights brings in - if you go for the lower end of the estimates about £150 Mill over 10 years. Corporate will bring in an extra £3/£7 per year, extra attendance should be between £2/4 per year, Non-Footballing activities approx £1 Mill. That should see the stadium built and contributing to the income streams (contributing not detracting).

That should provide us with approx £20 Mill per season to cover the mortgage and a little extra and those figures are at the lower end of the estimates.

I don't think it's getting sidetracked at all, there's a massive difference in the cost of ownership if you assume the stadium gets paid for upfront.

The problem the two liars have got is that no-one will come in as a third party investor to get the purchase debt down, so they can't get finance for the stadium. If someone buys the club for £400M tomorrow though, it's debt free and the stadium finance becomes very easy.

You would need investment in the playing squad sure, but I would think £500M could get you the club and refresh the squad, it's nowhere near the billion that's getting mooted.

And the point about mortgaging against future earnings is that you only start paying once it's built. Use the naming rights deal for a downpayment and you should be both making money and paying the stadium off as soon as you can fill it.

Is exactly right - I've got 48p, anyone else got any slummy hanging around?

I think 400 million is a fair price for a global franchise (I hate that fucking phrase!), 500 might be their asking price but I don't think they are expecting that to be met 100%.

If the rumours of the banks chasing Hicks for money owed in America are true, and Gillet having already sold the Canadians leaving him with no assetts, they are not in as strong a position as they were three years ago. If the veto has gone, I can easily see Gillet selling his stake first and Hicks hanging around, I wouldn't be suprised to read that Gillet has already sold his stake!

Well I think you have to remain optimistic otherwise this cancer that has attached itself to our club will slowly kill the very soul this club took generations to build.

A few points which may work in our favour :-

1, There appears to be a hard time limit in place by RBS this time round with no fallback position - they want 237M by approx year end or will call in the debt and sell the club to the highest bidder.

2, There is a record amount of debt which is being rolled-over by governments, public and private companies alike which is likely to create an upwards trend for cost of debt making Gillet & Hicks unworkable in today's market.

3, UK Sterling is likely to deappreciate against other curriences this year which will make the club more attractive to foreign investors.

4, Liverpool F.C is only one of a handful of clubs which can be seen as truely global rather than regional along with the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

5, With today's difficult economic climate the likely buyer will be one who has deep pockets in order to execute the business plan which Hicks & Gillet could not do. This is almost certainly going to rule out any leveraged buyers and subsequentally we have a better chance of finding a longer term and responsible custodian.

6, In the long term none of the other major UK clubs are sustainable with the possible exception of Arsenal - Man City & Chelsea have benefactors who can walk away at any time with disasterous implications - See Portsmouth & Gaydamak. Man Utd have 700M + debt which is not sustainable over the longer term and are likely to go through the same process as us but drawn out over a longer period of time. Even Arsenal could go down the same path as today is has been announced that Lady Bracewell Smith is looking to sell her equity stake on the market which opens up the possibility of a full buyout by either Usmanov or Kroenke who could leverage against a shiny new stadium. So it would be no bad thing to come out fitter and stronger first if we can attract the right calibre of buyer.

Keep the faith

Perfectly analysed and described.

I like this take on it. There certainly seems to be plenty of people with a better knowledge of these things than me drawing this conclusion. I was concerned a bit ago that we would just go for anyone that would take us, but to be honest, i find it really hard to imagine a worse ownership situation than the one we have now. Ideally we will get someone in who can set Liverpool up to run as a business. i don't want hundreds of millions splurged by some gazillionaire on their favourite players, just someone who can get s on an even keel and hopefully not become a focal point.

Failing that, just anybody who isn't a total and utter fucking cunt would do.

I think it is safe to say that BarCap would at least act as a guarantor of funds for the stadium build for the next owner of the club. There is a view within BarCap that we have massively under-realised our commercial potential, and that there is serious wonga waiting to be extracted from our global fanbase, and from global and regional commercial sponsorship deals.

I don't share HJohal's view that leveraged buyers see us an an unattractive proposition; the only thing that helps us in that respect is the growing antipathy that looks like it might turn into something tangible and regulatory; removing these guys (the leverage buyers) from the equation will be legally difficult but important for us and other clubs as going concerns.

if G&H 'change their minds' (for example if a friend decides to loan them money) how much pressure can RBS apply on them? what is stopping them just refinancing their loan elsewhere? I think we all know 'someone' would refinance that loan.

Thats probably what the six months is for, it gives them some breathing space, the bit about selling is false in my opinion.

My take on all this is we have a buyer in the wings who will not do business with the current owners.

The new chairman is brought in as a buffer and serious business man who they will work with and that Barcap have the new owner.

Optimistic but too much movement going on for something not to be going on.

All the people who believe Torres won't leave really need to wake up. He left his boyhood club because they could not compete. He will have no qualms leaving us if we find ourselves in a similar position. The boy is a world class player who wants to play at a team vying for titles, as much as he loves Liverpool, he will leave if he thinks he has to.

My worry is that nothing has changed re selling the club and that it is all smoke and mirrors. Whilst the 2 greedy cunts want an over inflated price we will struggle doesn't matter who is brokering the deal.

In my view RBS have shit out again. The Echo reported yesterday that they will give a 6 month extension.

So are they definitely looking to leave or is this a ploy by Hicks to give himself more time to raise money to hold on to the club?

if it's merely a gameplan by Hicks then Barclays have had a job done on them - especially considering that RBS had classified the debt as 'toxic'

in my niaive view the move to Barcklys is a good move - especially as it removes GG&TH from any boardroom 1-up-manship

if G&H 'change their minds' (for example if a friend decides to loan them money) how much pressure can RBS apply on them? what is stopping them just refinancing their loan elsewhere? I think we all know 'someone' would refinance that loan.

I think the thing to bear in mind here is that there isn't copious amounts of money around for anyone at the moment - those that have it are being very prudent about what they do with it and are not putting those funds under any sort of risk. At this stage of the game, given the position the leeches are in - they represent a very high and unwanted risk.

Its been widely expected this week that Hicks and Gillett make a statement underlining their intention to sell. If they do that then if they are basically lying through their teeth once again, surely that would go down as a disgrace. Suppose what I am saying is that if they do make a statement saying that they are now going to leave the club, its a statement that they can not go easily back on, they have made statements before and gone back on but this one is in a different league of its own.

Its been widely expected this week that Hicks and Gillett make a statement underlining their intention to sell. If they do that then if they are basically lying through their teeth once again, surely that would go down as a disgrace. Suppose what I am saying is that if they do make a statement saying that they are now going to leave the club, its a statement that they can not go easily back on, they have made statements before and gone back on but this one is in a different league of its own.

I think they are looking to sell where else can they go now ???

I dont think they will be making a statement.

I think they are looking to sell where else can they go now ???

I mean in terms of the negative view, some view what has happened over the weekend as just another ploy from the yanks and they have no intention to sell (me i am trying to look at it optimistically in that this could be it) but what I am trying to suggest is that say we took this view that it was all a load of lies again by the yanks once more, how would they be able to go back if a statement that they make selling the club when they actually dont have any intention of.

Hope that makes sense just trying to look from the perspective that if they do make a statement I think any chance of this being another ploy is remote, but that is just a subjective opinion.