You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Hamill.

Juan Galonso

Decent game for Hammill.

Anyone see the two blokes that ran on the pitch as Foster was about to take a goal kick. One of them chipped it to his mate for him to volley into the net then they both ran off celebrating.

That is fucking superb,never watched the game does anyone have a clip of this

It was so obvious to me that the whole Hammill/Neville situation had its roots in Liverpool/Man U and once again like on Sunday we came out smiling when Neville was sent off.

Throughout the game I called Hammill 'a Liverpool player playing for Barnsley' in the same way as I did for Hamann who was 'a Liverpool player playing for Man City' last season and also others like Mellor, Fowler....etc. It isn't true of all players who leave LFC but it is true for those 4 certainly (oh and Sami is another one - by the way great to see him at Anfield over from Germany on Sunday). The unperceptive commentators did not seem to pick up on this - but then what would you expect? Commentators knowing whats going on? - as if!!

We are all wanting a local to come through and he was one of our bright lights but he did not do it, personally I wanted to give him more time but the decision was made.

How many have we let go and they have went on to prove us wrong, in that respect we have to say they know better than us.

Sometimes the heart rules the brain.

• 2 years later...