You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: In or out?

The Chief

Rafa, stay or go?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa, stay or go?

• I want him to stay.
    • I want him out.
    • I think we should give him to the end of the season.

This is not a thread to slag off Rafa, I'm not interested in a slanging match between people cos they have a different opinion, and I don't want a thread just slagging off Rafa either so........

This is a straightforward question, and I'm genuinely interested in the outcome. After hearing quite a few people in the crowd last night saying he should be sacked, and then in the pub after where it was 50-50 for and against him, what do the luminaries of the TLW think?

I'm making it a private poll cos I want a straightforward, honest answer from everyone.

I decided to add a 3rd option, give him till the end of the season, and also I've left it open till monday.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to believe he can turn it around, but I do have doubts for the first time. Sacking him midseason would be pointless, so give him until the end of the season. He's got to have a hell of a good rest of season to save him I think... not that I think that is necessarily fair. He's finally given control over the money and we haven't got any.

I'd want him out if we had different owners, but despite this blip in form, I can't think of anyone available who would do a better job under the circumstances. I do find myself disagreeing with a lot of the decisions Rafa is making now though, and the results we're getting are extremely poor. Not to mention we'd have to sell Mascherano to finance sacking him.

Totally fucking stupid Poll.

Its not about Rafa its about the owners FFS

You are a total fucking idiot you, you fucking mong! Was it the owners who picked that load of shite last night? Was it the owners who took off Benayoun for a fat useless cunt?

The thread title clearly states what it's about if you don't like it don't fucking read it you utter wanker.

Which is why people like me and Juan Galonso were saying this time last season that it was ludicrous giving a manager a five year contract after a decent start to the season. But oh no, 'shut up up you anti-rafa mong' we were told.

All i'm interested in is the good of the club and that contract was NOT in the best interests of the club, IMO. Perversely, it looked like a decent decision in June after our end to the season but...

You are a total fucking idiot you, you fucking mong! Was it the owners who picked that load of shite last night? Was it the owners who took off Benayoun for a fat useless cunt?

The thread title clearly states what it's about if you don't like it don't fucking read it you utter wanker.

And a very good day to you to sir!

Is anyone factoring in that it'll cost a fortune to sack him?

Twats to new man: "Yeah we used to give Rafa somewhere between £20m and fuck all each summer, but it cost us £20m to sack him so you'll be getting the fuck all option".

Thing is though Stu the poll is just to gauge how people think about him now, how many people are still happy with him and think he's doing a good job and how many are willing wo give him to the end of the seaon, and how many have had enough?

I want him to stay, I would certainly give him till the end of the season, I would then expect (well at any other club) the owners to come out and say 'pick three top class quality players for us to bring in, we'll go and get them, by either leading or challenging by the following Christmas, or your out'. That is obviously not how it will pan out of course.

He should be allowed to recover from a shit season (if this finishes as one) like any other previous manager we have had. You fuck it up big style you get the chance to redeem yourself.

Is anyone factoring in that it'll cost a fortune to sack him?

Twats to new man: "Yeah we used to give Rafa somewhere between £20m and fuck all each summer, but it cost us £20m to sack him so you'll be getting the fuck all option".

And what a shit way to run a football club that is.

Due to what it would cost to sack him, the question is; could anyone do any better with no funds, and this current squad. If the answer is yes then he should be sacked. If no, then he stays.

For me, I would keep him. The owner issue is massive, what would be the point in replacing Rafa and then the 2 cunts selling up and new owners wanting to bring in their own man. If Rafa was kept on I'd also love to see what he could do in charge of a well run club - something he's never had in his time here.

However, if we were to get a new owner, and he wanted to bring in a new manager I wouldn't be against this. In the past I would have been but now? I'd accept it I think.

Best man for the club, we're going through a dodgy patch and some work needs done to fix it is all. Regarding the "ludicrous" 5 year contract the 'anti-rafa mong' Brownie mentioned, I'm glad he got it as it makes it a difficult decision to sack him, it's all too common for boards to bow under the pressure and appoint a new man at the first sign of trouble.