You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arshavin nearly moved to Tottenham last summer but Spurs couldn't agree a fee. It was too little too late in January, we moved cos Wenger was about to get him, it was a token interest and a nonsense.

BS. It was the idea to replace Keane with Arshavin. Tottenham fucking dragged ass and the funds weren't released for use.

(Not sure on any of that but it sounds about right)

Er, when has it ever been confirmed by ANYONE that we showed any interest in Arshavin?

Exactly what I was thinking. As far as I'm aware it was all idle speculation on forums rather than anything in the media. Even if the interest were genuine, if it really was left so late in the day, with not one inkling to Arshavin beforehand, with only the i's ant t's to sort out with Arsenal, who in their right mind would make a late offer that was guaranteed to fail? If I was Arshavin I wouldn't have taken that sort of offer seriously.

Once the Aquilani deal is complete, I don't think that's the end of our spending. I have no sources or new speculation, but I think we may bring in 2 more players for the first-team squad, one of whom will be English (not Cattermole). Of course we will still get our obligatory group of "wonderkids".

Degan is a good bet to become the poorest Liverpool player of the last 20 years and along with Vorinin Babel and Lucus just don’t seem to have improved any and offer little to the squad except numbers so I think its time to move them on

We need Cover at RB and CB and that is were players like Taylor and Richards look decent types to fit the bill killing 2 birds with one stone

I believe that selling Alonso and signing Aquilani will prove to be a decent move by Rafa and I don’t expect that the signings will stop there we seen at the end of last season when the lead was off what this team could do with Alonso and Masch I think Rafa would always have played with 2 holding midfielders and we would have had the same people moaning about not beating the smaller teams and being to negative I think now we may just see 3 behind Torres and Gerrard Aquilani plus A N Other and Masch minding the shop would be perfect for Silva (left) Aquilani (centre) Kuyt (right) its all ifs and buts and we will see what happens over the next 3 weeks but at least 2 other signings I would have thought but back to what I was on about

I have seen Keegan go and replaced by Dalglish when people said he would never be replaced

Seen the same with Shanks when he went and in game Bob

Players come and go and we will never know what the difference would have been had they stayed we just keep going forward with the players we have

Rather than look at the negative I would rather see the positive and look to when Rush went to Juve and in came Barnes Houghton Beardsley and Aldo with 2 in now and we hope more to follow we just might be in for something momentous the wait is nearly over Unleash The Reds of War

I be happy with one more signing cos lets face it we're broke.. preferably someonw who can cover up front and play on the wing.. I no thats like saying having a woman who loves sex and doesnt mind you watchin the football.

Good to see if we do get cover for cb as lok at then scum they only have Evans, Duckface and vidic. We have Skrtel, agger and jamie.. whos cover is better?

Where's Lance?

Liverpool eyeing Dynamo Moscow centre-back Leandro Fernandez

07.08.09 | tribalfootball.com

Dynamo Moscow centre-back Leandro Fernandez is being linked with Liverpool.

The Daily Mail says Liverpool are understood to be one of a number of Barclays Premier League clubs interested in Dynamo Moscow centre-back Fernandez.

The Argentine, who played as his side lost 2-0 to Celtic in the Champions League third qualifying round on Wednesday night, would not need a work permit as he has an Italian passport.

Just as you thought it was safe to venture out again

Bring me Javier Mascherano! Liverpool star still the No 1 target for Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola | Mail Online

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has told his bosses that he still wants Javier Mascherano at the heart of his midfield by the start of the season.

The European champions had all but conceded that a deal for the Liverpool midfielder was impossible following Xabi Alonso's defection from Anfield to Real Madrid for £30million.

But Guardiola met with technical secretary Txiki Begeristain and director of football Raul Sanllehi to say the Argentina captain is still his No 1 target for the problem holding midfield position.

Mascherano is keen on a move to Spain with his agent Walter Tamer last month revealing the former West Ham United man had become 'tired of life in England'.

Guardiola is understood to have been in personal contact with the 25-year-old.

Read more: Bring me Javier Mascherano! Liverpool star still the No 1 target for Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola | Mail Online

Just as you thought it was safe to venture out again

Bring me Javier Mascherano! Liverpool star still the No 1 target for Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola | Mail Online

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has told his bosses that he still wants Javier Mascherano at the heart of his midfield by the start of the season.

The European champions had all but conceded that a deal for the Liverpool midfielder was impossible following Xabi Alonso's defection from Anfield to Real Madrid for £30million.

But Guardiola met with technical secretary Txiki Begeristain and director of football Raul Sanllehi to say the Argentina captain is still his No 1 target for the problem holding midfield position.

Mascherano is keen on a move to Spain with his agent Walter Tamer last month revealing the former West Ham United man had become 'tired of life in England'.

Guardiola is understood to have been in personal contact with the 25-year-old.

Read more: Bring me Javier Mascherano! Liverpool star still the No 1 target for Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola | Mail Online

Oh. Fuck.

We still need an attacking wide player. If we were to buy someone like Silva now, i'd be fairly happy with our transfers this summer.

If we go into the season with the squad we have now, I wouldn't think it's any stronger than last season whch is not great really because the aim is always to improve after every transfer window.