You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valencia forum claiming Rafa was offered Silva but turned it down.

FORO LIBRE VALENCIANISTA

I've a feeling Rafa is looking for a striker with the remaining cash we have. It'd make more sense to get a striker in than to get someone who isn't that much more effective than what we already have in Dirk, Benny and Riera.

A decent, experienced striker meanwhile would be a huge improvement on Voronin, Ngog, Nemeth, Babel (question marks ,for various reasons, against all).

Though he is norwegian, Hangeland would be my preferred choice for centre back cover as well. He could be expensive, though, and I've heard Arsenal are interested.

The chase for him is getting hot now, his agent did not want to specify anything today, but he said if clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City lose one defender they will be looking at defenders with a good reputation from the PL.

Sammy Lee was in for him at Bolton.

We have a history with his agent R.Hauge.

He would be the perfect replacement for Hyypia etc.

The chase for him is getting hot now, his agent did not want to specify anything today, but he said if clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City lose one defender they will be looking at defenders with a good reputation from the PL.

Sammy Lee was in for him at Bolton.

We have a history with his agent R.Hauge.

He would be the perfect replacement for Hyypia etc.

Is that George Graham's - R.Hauge?

Were not going to pay 14 million pounds for a centre half. Fact.

Why don't we just show a bit of faith in Kelly, i'll admit I have only seen glimpses of him and I am only going on other peoples reviews but we played Insua last year a lot more than planned (because of Dossena), If he can cover right back and centre back give the lad a chance, if we still need someone then get them in January.

Masch clearly wants out.

"Javier Mascherano is adamant he will be fully fit and raring to go when Liverpool kick off their league campaign against Spurs on August 16.

The Argentine midfielder was granted an extended summer break following the birth of his second daughter.

But with a fifth pre-season game under his belt after coming on for the second half of Wednesday's 2-0 victory over FC Lyn in Oslo, Mascherano insists he can catch up with the rest of the squad.

"Maybe I need a little bit more work because I arrived back when my teammates had already been back 10 days, but I will be in a good position by the start of the new season," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

Mascherano was encouraged by Liverpool's display in Norway and is sure the Reds will be firing on all cylinders for the trip to White Hart Lane.

"We didn't do well against Espanyol so it was important to win. It's pre-season but we knew we had to improve because in 10 days we start the Premier League," he continued.

"There are a lot of positive things to take from this game, like a clean sheet. We know we still have to improve but we are happy and now we have one more game to improve even more.

"After Saturday's game against Atletico we'll have seven days to get in top condition for the Premier League."

Masch clearly wants out.

"Javier Mascherano is adamant he will be fully fit and raring to go when Liverpool kick off their league campaign against Spurs on August 16.

The Argentine midfielder was granted an extended summer break following the birth of his second daughter.

But with a fifth pre-season game under his belt after coming on for the second half of Wednesday's 2-0 victory over FC Lyn in Oslo, Mascherano insists he can catch up with the rest of the squad.

"Maybe I need a little bit more work because I arrived back when my teammates had already been back 10 days, but I will be in a good position by the start of the new season," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.

Mascherano was encouraged by Liverpool's display in Norway and is sure the Reds will be firing on all cylinders for the trip to White Hart Lane.

"We didn't do well against Espanyol so it was important to win. It's pre-season but we knew we had to improve because in 10 days we start the Premier League," he continued.

"There are a lot of positive things to take from this game, like a clean sheet. We know we still have to improve but we are happy and now we have one more game to improve even more.

"After Saturday's game against Atletico we'll have seven days to get in top condition for the Premier League."

Sell the cunt.

Thinking about it, between Riera, Babel, Benny and Kuyt, we have the wide forward positions covered for now. I don't think we can easily play 442 with those (without moving stevie to the rw) because only Riera is a "proper winger" but so long as our formation stays the way it was last season then we're ok especially if Babel steps up. It's really a case of 3 competing for the LW spot anyway because Kuyt is Rafa's favourite.

So although I've wanted a Silva type player for ages, I'm not sure we need him. A second forward with class is vital though. Ngog isnt ready to play many games and Voronin - without question - should be sold now along with Dossena, there's no room for dross any more.

What we need is a striker with class who can play up alongside Torres if we ever switch formations but can also play up top alone as a replacement. Most top sides have 4 top strikers, we have 1 and I don't include Gerrard because even though he plays a sort of #10 role he needs to come from deep to be at his best.

How about Llorente from Bilbao? 24, brick shithouse and a touch of class on the ball. I hate guessing fees but around 12M should be enough.

We need a 4th choice CB. No way Hangeland would be brought in for that. It will be someone with a decent reputation available on the cheap. Probably why we are linked with someone like Richard Dunne.

4th choice should be a wise old codger or a young thruster. A shame we've lost our wise old Finn. I'd go with Kelly, but Agger is a bit injury prone, which has me thinking we maybe need to get cover in.