You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who will win the Ashes? (Ashes 2009 discussion)

Brownie

Who will win the 2009 Ashes?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2009 Ashes?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to take the easy way did he.

The vast majority of Australians are of British heritage too. You guys might try to dissociate from us but, the overwhelming truth is, we're cut from the same cloth, so to speak. There aren't many true blue aborigines playing cricket for Australia, that's for sure. God save your Queen.

We're not the same Dirk. They're criminals.

Where did the criminals come from silly? I always find it so funny when poms try and call us convicts seeing as it was England who had so many criminals they didn't have enough room for them all. It makes you look so ignorant.

Plus my Grandparents on both sides were the first ones here from my family they came over from Scotland in the 60's and 70's.

The amount of people here who are actually related to the original convicts is minuscule I know one family that's it!

Everyone came over once the colony's were set up by the English convicts.

It's not very often the criminals get better accommodation than the rest of the public either is it. Nicest Jail in the world is Australia.

Anyway the way I judge it is what does your accent sound like, if you sound like a Saffie you're a Saffie especially if you were born there and grew up there of course our guys have British heritage but they all grew up here and were born here apart from a couple over the years like Symonds but just listen to the guy and try and tell me he's English. If we weren't fierce rivals England would be trying to recruit the Aussie backup players like crazy, there are plenty of domestic players here who would walk into the English team but you don't see them trying to change their citizenship.

Edited by Rex Banner

The vast majority of Australians are of British heritage too. You guys might try to dissociate from us but, the overwhelming truth is, we're cut from the same cloth, so to speak. There aren't many true blue aborigines playing cricket for Australia, that's for sure. God save your Queen.

We could get rid of the Queen whenever we want, we even had a vote on it a few years back but people thought we'd keep her as a nice tokenistic type deal.

It's hardly like England have any say over Australia is it or any other country for that matter, the glory years are well and gone.

We could get rid of the Queen whenever we want, we even had a vote on it a few years back but people thought we'd keep her as a nice tokenistic type deal.

It's hardly like England have any say over Australia is it or any other country for that matter, the glory years are well and gone.

That's because the majority remembered they were British-Australian.

Where did the criminals come from silly? I always find it so funny when poms try and call us convicts seeing as it was England who had so many criminals they didn't have enough room for them all. It makes you look so ignorant.

Plus my Grandparents on both sides were the first ones here from my family they came over from Scotland in the 60's and 70's.

The amount of people here who are actually related to the original convicts is minuscule I know one family that's it!

Everyone came over once the colony's were set up by the English convicts.

It's not very often the criminals get better accommodation than the rest of the public either is it. Nicest Jail in the world is Australia.

Touch a nerve did I?:whistle:

That's because the majority remembered they were British-Australian.

You've got me, or maybe it was all the British ex-pats who are constantly coming over here to get a better life.

Touch a nerve did I?:whistle:

Not really seeing as I have no relation to any convict just wanted to clear it up, kind of like how everyone calls Scousers thieves hey.

Only difference being that the founders of Australia (discounting the aborigines, because, well, because you did), were in fact all criminals. It's in the psyche of the nation.

The founders were fucking English you retard so it was you who discounted them moron, fuck you're dumb. The English set the tone for the treatment of the Aborigines from day one.

Also do you think the criminals were just dumped here to roam free, what about the guards and the colonists? The convicts were just hear to do the work so others could come over in the future that's where the majority came from they were immigrants not convicts.

How is it the psyche of the nation when almost no one is related to the original convicts, the population was tiny back then, people only really stared coming over here when the gold rush happened many years after the original settlers.

You really are sounding stupid and have made no valid points, I've made you look like a fool with facts and I can't be bothered correcting you any more so I'll be the bigger man and let you have the last word you fool.

Get ready for another ass whooping in the next test I'm sure you're used to it by now being English.

haha I had to come back to laugh, yes lose the argument and pretend you weren't really arguing that genius that way you can never lose.

Whether you were serious or not I was still right.

I couldn't give two shits about nationality; I'm the least patriotic person I know and I certainly couldn't give a fuck about the royal family.

Guest davelfc

MG]

I couldn't give two shits about nationality; I'm the least patriotic person I know and I certainly couldn't give a fuck about the royal family.

Jim%20Royle.jpg

Cricket my arse!

Australia declared at 9 for 340 in their tour game against the Lions.

Top scorers Watson-95 Hussey-65 Pointing-45

Lions 0-23 at close of play.

Watson has been looking good he just needs to turn a 50 into a big score, Hussey has been the poor performer so far so good to see him get a few runs hopefully he can do it when it counts.