You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh, go away will you. Are you a fucking accountant or a football fan?

That was one of the shittiest pieces busines of all fucking time.

Stop defending it. It's fucking pathetic.

Mistake One

Buying him

Mistake Two

Selling him

Mistake Three

Not replacing him

Mistake four, actually not buying someone suitable in the first fucking place

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Mistake One

Buying him

Mistake Two

Selling him

Mistake Three

Not replacing him

Mistake four, actually not buying someone suitable in the first fucking place

Do you attribute all of those 'mistakes' listed to Benitez?

You're a risk-taker?

Yet you strongly criticise Rafa for cutting his losses quickly with Keane, which any risk-taker not from the "Merson school" would consider essential money-management

No-one has ever run a successful risk business without the ability to acknowledge mistakes quickly & takes losses on them.

Right, I'm going to say this once, because you keep bringing it up, and every time, you are wrong.

Selling Keane WHEN he did (the last day of the transfer window) was a risk not worth taking, as it left us shorter than we already were upfront and with no time to bring in a replacement.

We could have sold him earlier on in the window, and brought in a replacement, even if only on loan. Then, it is far less of a risk, infact, possibly not even a risk at all.

As you all were.

Oh, go away will you. Are you a fucking accountant or a football fan?

That was one of the shittiest pieces busines of all fucking time.

Stop defending it. It's fucking pathetic.

It was a very bad piece of business overall.

& the man responsible for that is Rafa

But, given the appaling place we were in Jan with Keane (£15m left to pay & £80k/wk on a 28.5 year old who couldn't hack it at the highest level & was acting petuntantly) we did very well to get £15m back for him

Now i am not defending Rafa for the overall piece of business as it was terrible & he was only correcting his own mistake

But it was still the correct thing to do & took courage & non-stubborness

We didnt for instance do it with the previous over-rated 28-year old we had bought from Spurs.

I had no idea of your employment.

I am surprised at someone who is a risk-taker who was happy to let the losses on Robbie bleed & bleed.

I have made many mistakes doing that in the past myself but do acknowledge them!

Right, I'm going to say this once, because you keep bringing it up, and every time, you are wrong.

Selling Keane WHEN he did (the last day of the transfer window) was a risk not worth taking, as it left us shorter than we already were upfront and with no time to bring in a replacement.

We could have sold him earlier on in the window, and brought in a replacement, even if only on loan. Then, it is far less of a risk, infact, possibly not even a risk at all.

As you all were.

Spurs were not offering as much before.

To get £15m for someone as manifestly out of his depth as Keane was excellent business.

It was fucking stupid (of Rafa) to pay it in the 1st place but there's no point crying over spolit milk.

If you had bought RBS shares in summer '07, would you have got rid of them in Jan '08 for a loss or held onto them in the hope of getting it all back later?

It was a very bad piece of business overall.

& the man responsible for that is Rafa

But, given the appaling place we were in Jan with Keane (£15m left to pay & £80k/wk on a 28.5 year old who couldn't hack it at the highest level & was acting petuntantly) we did very well to get £15m back for him

Now i am not defending Rafa for the overall piece of business as it was terrible & he was only correcting his own mistake

But it was still the correct thing to do & took courage & non-stubborness

We didnt for instance do it with the previous over-rated 28-year old we had bought from Spurs.

I had no idea of your employment.

I am surprised at someone who is a risk-taker who was happy to let the losses on Robbie bleed & bleed.

I have made many mistakes doing that in the past myself so know how well Rafa did!

Like I said, It's one of the shittiest piece of business of ever.

Go away.

I think its fair to say the nature and demands of managing at Evertons level is far different to ours. Look what happened when they did make the CL, they failed, failed again in the UEFA and then had a poor season.

Moyes has made Everton a UEFA cup team, but by the same token Rafa has made us a regular Cl team, one where we arent always looking over our shoulder at who is in 5th, but to the stage now where we are looking forward to those above us.

I think Moyes massively overachieved getting them into the CL, something they were palpably unable to deal with, given the resources available to them. I think Moyes regularly has Everton at least 10 league places up on par. The nature and demands on Moyes are not that different from those on Benitez, the objectives and expectations may be less, there may be less hype on the club, but he is asked to carry out essentially the same function as Benitez. You can't dismiss the arguement so readily.

Why? Do you have some insider info that we aren't privvy to? I'm sure I read in the press (who haven't got a clue anyway) that with add ons we'll recoup all our outlay which is why he was offloaded now and not in the summer.

Who gives a fuck either way? Not me.

money means nothing. The stregnth of teh squad is what counts, and rafa jeopordised that mid-season. Torres got injured and we were fucked. Brilliant.

The end.

Who gives a fuck either way? Not me.

money means nothing. The stregnth of teh squad is what counts, and rafa jeopordised that mid-season. Torres got injured and we were fucked. Brilliant.

The end.

Torres got injured and Keane had his chance to show us what he could do and failed fucking miserably. When we signed Keane I was made up when he left I was made up, strange transfer all round.

Guest ShoePiss

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT HE'S "WORTH".

PUT DOWN YOUR FUCKING CALCULATOR AND TRY TO SEE BEYOND ££££££ FOR A MINUTE!!!

So if that's the case why say we sold him for a massive loss? You don't give a fuck about that so don't bring it up.

Oh and go away!

thank fuck we didn't lose to madrid and the mancs! i still haven't seen anyone mentioned who would be better than rafa, if you think rafa is defensive and cautious look at mourinihos teams and to compare him to moyes is horseshit, since 05 the blueshite have gone backward and been nowhere near cl. Get out of your bedrooms turn the playstation off and think optimistic were still in the title race.

For fucks sake. I'll say this one more time, because you're clearly very slow.

Whether we got 50p or £50m for him, it's still shitty business if it weakens the squad in mid-season. Which it did.

If you can get your heads out your fucking arseholes for a minute, stop talking about fucking "money", "worth", "net spend" or worst of all fucking "recouping", then it's all actually very, very simple.

Look at the players as PLAYERS and not as money and you might finally see the light.

It's a sorry indictment of fans today when a successful or bad signing is judges solely on their monetary value.

There is risk taking and their is stupidity.

Let's take a King and trade him for the pack where the odds of pulling the Ace is extremely remote.

We are not in a position to take such risks where the odds are stacked against us until we build a new stadium.

Guest ShoePiss

Whether we got 50p or £50m for him, it's still shitty business if it weakens the squad in mid-season. Which it did.

If you can get your heads out your fucking arseholes for a minute, stop talking about fucking "money", "worth", "net spend" or worst of all fucking "recouping", then it's all actually very, very simple.

Look at the players as PLAYERS and not as money and you might finally see the light.

It's a sorry indictment of fans today when a successful or bad signing is judges solely on their monetary value.

You're the one that appears slow here, lots of shouting with no ideas to back it up. It's all emotional nonsense from you.

Keane wasn't good enough as a player, most people know that. He was as useful as Ngog is. The money thing about Keane is people understanding when you should cut your losses in an effort to reduce further loss, in that respect it was a good move to sell in the Jan window rather than the Summer.

So if we sold him for £200m with which in the summer we bought Messi & Alves to play on the flanks then that would be bad business for the club would it?

When we sold Rush & used the proceeds to bring in Barnes, Beradsley & Aldridge that was good business right?

A successful transfer is not solely judged on its monetary value but it is a good place to start

If Dossena cost nothing & was on £2k/wk then he would have been a pretty good stop-gap signing.

He didnt & isn't

Inter offloaded the Q-man in the break because he was not up to the job required.

Keane wasn't good enough for us. By your logic of only caring about "on-the-pitch" you should have been delighted with his sale at any cost

You're the one that appears slow here, lots of shouting with no ideas to back it up. It's all emotional nonsense from you.

Keane wasn't good enough as a player, most people know that. He was as useful as Ngog is. The money thing about Keane is people understanding when you should cut your losses in an effort to reduce further loss, in that respect it was a good move to sell in the Jan window rather than the Summer.

get a fucking grip you retard.

Keane is far better than N'gog. To say otherwise is lunacy.

It was bad business to buy Keane in the first place at £20m, compounded by selling him, not replacing him and leaving us short of striking option. Poor. Poor. Poor.

Poor.