You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me.

Sounds amazing on a big system but theres a lot of generic stuff being released at the moment which is basically just a big wobbly bassline with a massive reverb on the snare.

Recommendations for a beginner - Kode 9, Burial, Skream, The Bug, Rustie, Zomby.

I have a couple of decent dubstep mixes if anyone wants them.

Yeah me.

Sounds amazing on a big system but theres a lot of generic stuff being released at the moment which is basically just a big wobbly bassline with a massive reverb on the snare.

Recommendations for a beginner - Kode 9, Burial, Skream, The Bug, Rustie, Zomby.

I have a couple of decent dubstep mixes if anyone wants them.

Burials not exactly dubstep in my opinion but still awesome. Skream are good too, but still not dubstep - more DnB. Went to see him last week actually, he was pretty awesome. Wasted as fuck, mind.

Burials not exactly dubstep in my opinion but still awesome. Skream are good too, but still not dubstep - more DnB. Went to see him last week actually, he was pretty awesome. Wasted as fuck, mind.

Mate that is completely wrong. I know a fair bit about musical genres as I go to nights that play this type of music regularly and Skream is NOT drum and bass - its a completely different tempo for a start. DnB is around 170-180bpm wheras dubstep can either be 70bpm or 140bpm. A massive difference. Plus Skream is one person, not a group. Sorry to be picky like!

Burial is classed as dubstep but has a lot in common with other music an is a lot more minimal than most of the stuff around.

Mate that is completely wrong. I know a fair bit about musical genres as I go to nights that play this type of music regularly and Skream is NOT drum and bass - its a completely different tempo for a start. DnB is around 170-180bpm wheras dubstep can either be 70bpm or 140bpm. A massive difference. Plus Skream is one person, not a group. Sorry to be picky like!

Burial is classed as dubstep but has a lot in common with other music an is a lot more minimal than most of the stuff around.

Did I not just say that I went to see him last week?

Fair enough, but you can understand when I say Burials not in the same mould of Dubstep as, say, Caspa?

Fair enough on my comment on Skream not being Dubstep, I was fairly pissed when I posted and to be fair posted shite on that occasion!

Awesome night in the magnet tonight if anyones interested - only £3 in aswell.

Gash vs Sequoia soundsystems - each soundsystem take it in turns to have a half an hour set all night then at 3am the crowd votes for the best one, its class and if anyones about they should defo think about coming!

The sound system in the Magnet is as good as it gets. They have installed the Funktion 1 set-up which is truly magnificent.

Couple of decent nights on at the magnet in the next few weeks. 13th March looks ok (with the the match the day after it could be a good weekend) and 3rd April - although 15 quid to hear Daddy G play the Trojan back catalogue seems a bit over the top.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard a few people on radio shows describe this tune as one that could be a crossover/breakthrough record this summer. I like it a lot but can't see how it would possibly work on a dancefloor? Apparently it's all about when the bass drops but still...eh?

Mq5GdutCRo8&feature=related

YouTube - La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix)