You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

The cure for death is probably not far away. "Hows Paulie? Haven't seen him for a while." "Oh, he's dead at the moment, should be up and about again in a day or two."

But will we see it? No. We'll just sit around wondering why we're all in rest homes and the same rich twats who were old when we were kids are still going around, fit as a fiddle, buggering up the world.

People conspire.

Every day.

Thinking that very powerful people are not colluding with each other and manipulating the media, government, energy and money supply to their own interests then you truly are batshit crazy.

Makes you wonder why these very powerful people didn't collude to prevent the very thing that has allowed people to exchange ideas so freely and allows us to even have this conversation.

While we're at it, of all the people in the world working on the cure for cancer (of any type) not one would have blown the lid on this great conspiracy, maybe prompted by the deterioration and eventual death of a loved one, maybe through some selfless need to expose the nefarious deeds of others?

You need to give your heads a wobble.

Makes you wonder why these very powerful people didn't collude to prevent the very thing that has allowed people to exchange ideas so freely and allows us to even have this conversation.

Does it? Why?

Why does the fact that people are colluding for different reasons all over the globe make you wonder why the internet wasn't blocked? Unless you've had a massive head trauma recently, in which case, fair enough.

Does it? Why?

Why does the fact that people are colluding for different reasons all over the globe make you wonder why the internet wasn't blocked? Unless you've had a massive head trauma recently, in which case, fair enough.

Because you would think that someone, somewhere, would have thought that the restriction of a medium that facilitates the exchange of information and ideas would be beneficial to at least oneof these groups.

Yet the Internet was created and expanded beyond it's initial military application.

Having a 'cure' for cancer would be incredibly lucrative. Hope this helps.

Like many things it never quite stacks up.

It's the same with the theory that petrol companies are stopping the advancement of cleaner fuels for cars.

They aren't in the petrol business because they love oil and petroleum products they're in it because it makes loads of money.

The people who come up with a way of converting and storing an alternative fuel, like the people who find a cure for cancer, will be richer than god.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Like many things it never quite stacks up.

It's the same with the theory that petrol companies are stopping the advancement of cleaner fuels for cars.

They aren't in the petrol business because they love oil and petroleum products they're in it because it makes loads of money.

The people who come up with a way of converting and storing an alternative fuel, like the people who find a cure for cancer, will be richer than god.

Yeah. Idiotic theory. There's a way to monetise everything. Especially from things people would pay the earth to preserve. Like their life.

Although, I know for a fact of a guy who invented a new version of rubber that had all the qualities of your common or garden rubber but barely eroded.  It would have meant car tyres, etc. could have been manufactured for cheap and lasted for fricking ages.  Less trees chopped down, less harmful chemicals used in the processing etc.  True proper technical process.

Dunlop bought his technology having sold him a yarn about how amazing it was, then promptly buried it and destroyed as much evidence as they could of it possibly ever existing.

Because you would think that someone, somewhere, would have thought that the restriction of a medium that facilitates the exchange of information and ideas would be beneficial to at least oneof these groups.

Yet the Internet was created and expanded beyond it's initial military application.

This line of argument is ridiculous. The expansion of a medium that has seen billions of dollars made from it, and can be used not just for passing factual information but also for disseminating propaganda to the masses if so used, is now proof that collusion between powerful people isn't a norm?

People in powerful positions conspire with others to expand their power and influence every day. This is not a controversial opinion.

This line of argument is ridiculous. The expansion of a medium that has seen billions of dollars made from it, and can be used not just for passing factual information but also for disseminating propaganda to the masses if so used, is now proof that collusion between powerful people isn't a norm?

People in powerful positions conspire with others to expand their power and influence every day. This is not a controversial opinion.

People of a like mind gravitating towards each other for mutual benefit isn't controversial, I agree, the difference comes in the judgement of ability and, when looking into the detail, logistics.

For the most powerful men in the world capable of working the rest of the world as our puppet masters they seem to have dropped the ball with the internet and the flow of information. It would seem entirely possible for them to have there cake and eat it where the Web is involved if they'd shown even a modicum of foresight.

As for controversial opinions I would say cancer and the flow of medication as a cure based on greed would fall squarely into the description of controversial. The fact that, as an idea, it's inherently flawed seems almost irrelevant to those who like to pedal it.

The cure for death is probably not far away. "Hows Paulie? Haven't seen him for a while." "Oh, he's dead at the moment, should be up and about again in a day or two."

But will we see it? No. We'll just sit around wondering why we're all in rest homes and the same rich twats who were old when we were kids are still going around, fit as a fiddle, buggering up the world.

Silvio%202.jpg

• Upvote 1

People of a like mind gravitating towards each other for mutual benefit isn't controversial, I agree, the difference comes in the judgement of ability and, when looking into the detail, logistics.

For the most powerful men in the world capable of working the rest of the world as our puppet masters they seem to have dropped the ball with the internet and the flow of information. It would seem entirely possible for them to have there cake and eat it where the Web is involved if they'd shown even a modicum of foresight.

As for controversial opinions I would say cancer and the flow of medication as a cure based on greed would fall squarely into the description of controversial. The fact that, as an idea, it's inherently flawed seems almost irrelevant to those who like to pedal it.

You might want to have the cancer conversation with someone who actually mentioned it Cardie.

Firstly, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I'm arguing that there's a single group guiding everything; something I haven't said and that is clearly wrong. There are many different groups, all with different agendas, most of which are conspiring to further their cause.

Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that the objective to have everything twist to your benefit means that if that doesn't happen 100% of the time then the very objective itself can't exist. It's not a coherent way to see things.

Thirdly, without even wanting to get into a long debate about the internet as a tool for control or freedom could you tell me why you think the ball has been dropped due to it's rise? Wealth continues to move from the many to the few, the planet is still docile in the face of environmental disaster during our lifetime, all of our communication is now recorded and can be searched through...I don't see that much of a dropped ball to be honest. It might be different where you live but there's still no revolution on the streets of England.

• Upvote 1

Firstly - I don't it's just easier to refer to a group than specifically name individuals/organisations. Don't really care if it's the Rothchilds or Mr Burns, Count Dracula and Krusty the Clown. Like I said earlier I don't deny these goups exist, I question their ability to pull off some of the things they are credited with.

Secondly - I don't, the Internet was a facetious example of said super villains and haunters of peoples dreams having something in their control and having to go back and try to reclaim it. I imagine monday mornings would be far easier if they could rake in all that money but still deny the likes of Dylan Avery and Alex Jones a voice (or any gibbering conspiracy theorist for that matter) infact it shouldn't be beyond the realms of any masters of the dark arts to just stop FOX news (Non-Republican masters of the dark arts obviously, unless emperor O'Reilly truly is too strong).

Thirdly - as above.

As for the Cancer comment, it was somebody else (and the comment was medicine in general) you're right. I just got the impression you didn't completely disagree.

Cardie, on the second point you're taking the opinion that because they can't, or don't bother, to stop every single voice that they aren't putting a lot of effort into stopping a huge amount. It's a strange angle to come at it from.

Whether it be putting people in Yemeni jails, having people forced from their jobs for saying inconvenient things, smearing people in the media or even the more simple method of making people self-moderate in order to get on in the world there's a whole system of machinery set up to keep a pretty good control over the majority of the information that the majority of the people get. The fact that it might not be successful 100 out of 100 times is no sort of argument at all against the point that it's just a day to day fact.

On the first point, questioning the ability to pull some of the things people throw at them off is a perfectly fine stance to take; it's just the catch-all term of "conspiracy theories" that is so fucking inane. People conspire. They conspire to make money out of war, they conspire to financially ruin communities for their own benefit, they conspire to keep selling things that give people cancer and whitewash it in the media, they conspire to keep making as much cash as possible whilst environmental catastrophe for the planet looms...and they also conspire on how to best sink a terrible piece of legislation or remove a corrupt official . It is going on every minute of every day. You do not reach positions of any power without doing it.

What's annoying is the lack of separation between the belief in a will and a belief in a competence to do something that is usually missing when the lazy jibes are thrown around at people. You are not in any way crazy for thinking the US might want to fake moon landings. Perfectly reasonable assumption that they would if they could and the Russians might beat them. Thinking they could, and could get away with it is another matter.

That thirdly...doesn't really explain how you think any ball has been dropped. Seems nicely tucked in hand to me.

While we're at it, of all the people in the world working on the cure for cancer (of any type) not one would have blown the lid on this great conspiracy, maybe prompted by the deterioration and eventual death of a loved one, maybe through some selfless need to expose the nefarious deeds of others?

You need to give your heads a wobble.

Suddenly it all makes sense - the amount of wobbling that eejit's head needs, she needs the Sellotape to stop it breaking apart.

Although, I know for a fact of a guy who invented a new version of rubber that had all the qualities of your common or garden rubber but barely eroded.  It would have meant car tyres, etc. could have been manufactured for cheap and lasted for fricking ages.  Less trees chopped down, less harmful chemicals used in the processing etc.  True proper technical process.

Dunlop bought his technology having sold him a yarn about how amazing it was, then promptly buried it and destroyed as much evidence as they could of it possibly ever existing.

man-in-the-white-suit-1951-006-poster.jp

• Upvote 1

The first 3 minutes, from 26:10 to 28:50, and from 29:26 to 33:10 of this might be interesting for those that really delve into conspiracy theories about history, symbolism, etc. (also a lot of the rest of the series that this is part of, but I obviously can't go checking through the whole lot for the bits I like the best.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlC7z_pIpw

This shit is fucking surreal :

The SS was particularly enthusiastic in its support for Zionism. An internal June 1934 SS position paper urged active and wide-ranging support for Zionism by the government and the Party as the best way to encourage emigration of Germany's Jews to Palestine. This would require increased Jewish self-awareness. Jewish schools, Jewish sports leagues, Jewish cultural organizations -- in short, everything that would encourage this new consciousness and self-awareness - should be promoted, the paper recommended.

The centerpiece of German-Zionist cooperation during the Hitler era was the Transfer Agreement, a pact that enabled tens of thousands of German Jews to migrate to Palestine with their wealth. The Agreement, also known as the Haavara (Hebrew for "transfer"), was concluded in August 1933 following talks between German officials and Chaim Arlosoroff, Political Secretary of the Jewish Agency, the Palestine center of the World Zionist Organization. /32

Through this unusual arrangement, each Jew bound for Palestine deposited money in a special account in Germany. The money was used to purchase German-made agricultural tools, building materials, pumps, fertilizer, and so forth, which were exported to Palestine and sold there by the Jewish-owned Haavara company in Tel-Aviv. Money from the sales was given to the Jewish emigrant upon his arrival in Palestine in an amount corresponding to his deposit in Germany. German goods poured into Palestine through the Haavara, which was supplemented a short time later with a barter agreement by which Palestine oranges were exchanged for German timber, automobiles, agricultural machinery, and other goods. The Agreement thus served the Zionist aim of bringing Jewish settlers and development capital to Palestine, while simultaneously serving the German goal of freeing the country of an unwanted alien group.

From the about section of this site :

Predictably, we have come under fire from hostile sectarian groups that regard the IHR as harmful to their interests. Zionist groups such as the Simon Wiesenthal Center and the Anti-Defamation League routinely smear the IHR, attacking us as a "hate group" or dismissing us as a "Holocaust denial" organization.

In fact, the IHR steadfastly opposes bigotry of all kinds. We are proud of the support we have earned from people of the most diverse political views, and racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds.

The IHR does not “deny” the Holocaust. Indeed, the IHR as such has no “position” on any specific event or chapter of history, except to promote greater awareness and understanding, and to encourage more objective investigation.

"...If I'm 'courageous,' what do you call Mark Weber and the Institute for Historical Review? They have been smeared far worse than I have; moreover, they have been seriously threatened with death. Their offices have been firebombed. Do they at least get credit for courage? Not at all. They remain almost universally vilified. When I met Mark, many years ago, I expected to meet a raving Jew-hating fanatic, such being the generic reputation of 'Holocaust deniers.' I was immediately and subsequently impressed to find that he was just the opposite: a mild-mannered, good-humored, witty, scholarly man who habitually spoke with restraint and measure, even about enemies who would love to see him dead. The same is true of other members of the Institute. In my many years of acquaintance with them, I have never heard any of them say anything that would strike an unprejudiced listener as unreasonable or bigoted."

The Institute has been a target of authentic hate groups. It has come under repeated assault from the Jewish Defense League -- identified as a terrorist group by the FBI. On July 4, 1984, the JDL destroyed the Institute's office and warehouse in a major arson attack. Estimated property loss was more than $400,000, including tens of thousands of books, rare documents, irreplaceable files and expensive office equipment. This fire-bombing climaxed a months-long campaign by the JDL that included numerous death threats by telephone and mail, extensive property damage, five relatively minor fire bombings, one drive-by shooting and two physical assaults.

Just to repeat, like I did in another thread, my "angle" here : I'm interested in Zionism. I have nothing at all against Jewish people (there's always a fair share of "Jews did this" "Jews did that" on the net. Many of us have seen "Jews did 9/11", over the years, etc.) That to me is basically retarded. It's a fact that Zionism is mainly Jewish, I get that, but to me it's a group of deluded, racist, elitist pricks, that don't represent the Jews properly or fairly at all. In fact they misrepresent them in a massive way as far as I can tell.

Source links :

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v13/v13n4p29_Weber.html

http://www.ihr.org/main/about.shtml

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lawrence of Arabia was a Nazi.  His death was no accident.  This was covered up.

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-37f0-The-man-who-wrote-Tarka#.U0G7iqhdWSq

Henry Williamson wrote his fine book Tarka The Otter in 1927. It made him both rich and famous but there was another, much darker, side to this man.  Williamson (pictured) was a fascist, an admirer of Hitler and an enthusiastic supporter of Oswald Mosley and his blackshirts.

His writings between the wars were an odd mixture of enlightened environmental wisdom and crude nazi propaganda.  As well as Tarka he wrote a book called The Story Of A Norfolk Farm. Here is an extract.

"One day the sewage of the cities will cease to be poured into the rivers and will be returned to the land to grow fine food for the people. One day salmon will leap again in the clear waters of the London river; and human work will be creative and joyful."

Yet at the same time he was singing the praises of German National Socialism.  He was one of the first join Mosley and the British Union of Fascists.  Williamson attended Hitler's notorious Nuremberg rallies and met Hitler himself. Those meetings would lead to his greatest act of treason.

He and Hitler actually planned who would run Britain after the successful invasion and occupation of these islands by the master race.

Hitler had a man in mind to be the Gauleiter, the nazi ruler of Britain, and that man was Williamson's friend TE Lawrence, the legendary Lawrence of Arabia. Lawrence, Williamson and Mosley were all supporters of nazi Germany and fascist Italy as a bulwark against Soviet communism.

Williamson wanted Lawrence and Hitler to meet. The press got wind of the idea and besieged Lawrence's remote cottage at Clouds Hill, Dorset.

On May 13 1935, Lawrence wheeled out his massive motorcycle and set off for Bovington army camp.  He had received a letter that morning from Williamson. It proposed the vital meeting with Hitler.  Lawrence agreed to the meeting and, as his cottage had no telephone, he would send a telegram from the camp telling Williamson so.

On the way back the accident happened.  A number of witnesses saw it - two delivery boys on bicycles, an army corporal walking by and the occupants of the black van that hit Lawrence.  After the crash the van raced off. Almost immediately an army truck arrived to take Lawrence to the camp hospital where he was held under top security.  D-notices silenced the newspapers and the War Office took charge of all communications.  Special Branch officers sat by his bedside. No visitors were allowed. Lawrence's cottage was raided and many books and private papers taken.

Army intelligence interrogated the two boys for several hours after which their story changed. Now the boys denied ever seeing a black van.

Six days later Lawrence died and two days later an inquest was held under top security. It lasted just two hours, the verdict was accidental death.

Williamson was convinced that Lawrence's death was no accident. Hitler's and MI6's views were never made public.

• 2 weeks later...