You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dave, can we count on Nemeth and others?

duke2

This is not just a question for Dave but others who go regularly to see the ressies live. I only watch them on the club channel so don't really get the bigger picture (off the ball movement, attitude etc).

I accept that Rafa will only have his normal £20m plus receipts from sales to spend and therefore don't anticipate us being able to fill every perceived hole in our team with the best of the best. For example, I'll be happy enough with Degen and Dossena as new full-backs, knowing that while we can't afford to buy the likes of Alves and Lahm, the boss has seen enough in the two D's to give them both a chance - for better or for worse we're working with financial reality and while we'd all like to match United's rumoured £60m warchest, it ain't going to happen.

On that basis then, is there anyone from the ressies that could be ready to do more than warm the bench as our seventh sub next season. I know Plessis has already been given a couple of run-outs in the middle of the park. But is there any hope of us filling any of the 'problem' positions which are not as well stocked and which are harder to fill on the sort of money we can spend? ie one of the front three or attacking midfielder? Pachecho is bloody young but then Fabregas was thrown in young and is probably as good as he is because of all the games he's got under his belt at a tender age. Nemeth looks like a very good player and is obviously being talked up by Ablett and the rest of the club a lot. I wonder if that is just for the sake of content to fill the Official website's home page or is it to plant the germ of the idea in the masses that he might be seen more regularly next season? Both look like they can play off a central striker like Torres. Then there is the likes of El Zhar and Insua both progressing and (further back in the pecking order in their positions perhaps?) Hobbs, San Jose, Spearing, Darby, Putterill et al and the likes of Anderson still to return from loan.

This isn't a thread designed to kickstart a comparison of these lads, or a 'Who will make it in the distant future?' either. It's more of a question of whether Rafa is being a bit calculated, spending what little money he has got as wisely as possible where he thinks it is needed while considering bolstering the first team playing squad with one or two from the ressies in the next 12 months?

Would love to see Nemeth come in and form a partnership sitting behind Torres.

"Nemeth isn't a secondary striker. He's a finisher."

Maybe you're right. But when I've watched him on telly I've seen him start moves from thirty yards outside the box with a flick or a clever pass. I've also seen him run at defenders from the (current) Gerrard position. Ablett comparing him to Kenny (not that I agree to be honest) would seem to suggest the same thing. This is why I wanted input from anyone that has seen him and the others play live regularly - see what they think.

Maybe we shouldn't label him a 'finisher' just because of his goals record - might be that he has more in his locker...

Ablett compared Nemeth to Dalglish today.

Here's the article.

ABLETT SEEING SHADES OF KENNY

Jimmy Rice 28 May 2008

Gary Ablett claims he can see shades of Kenny Dalglish in the way reserve striker Krisztian Nemeth plays football – but insists the youngster has a lot to learn before people can call him the King.

In an exclusive end of season review aired on LFC TV at 8.30pm GMT tonight, the second string boss explains how Nemeth's forward play is similar to the man we call King Kenny.

Despite the high praise, Ablett outlines several areas where the Hungarian must improve before he can establish himself as a first-teamer.

"It's probably a wrong comparison to make but I was lucky enough to play with Kenny during my first games at Liverpool and Krisztian reminds me a little bit of that in that he has great balance, can back into people and twist and turn," says Ablett.

"But he still has a lot to learn. His movement can improve. We keep telling the young players that even when they haven't got the ball they can be involved in the game and affect play.

"He doesn't score many with his left foot and that's something we are working on. It's the same with his head, but with his right foot he can find that yard of space in the box and get his shots in early without much backlift. Goalscoring comes naturally to him.

"We mustn't get carried away because he is just 19 years of age. Rafa will make the decision as to when and where Krisztian will get his chance and that will be the right decision."

While stressing the importance of not getting carried away, the interview sees Ablett reveal his belief that Nemeth has the right mentality to succeed in England.

"The fact he came over with some of his countrymen (Peter Gulacsi and Andras Simon) might have helped but he is a little older and decided to get a place on his own in the city centre. I think he brought his girlfriend over too," he says.

"His English is improving and he seems to be a very level-headed young man."

ABLETT SEEING SHADES OF KENNY

Pacheco is most like Kenny if I had to pick a reserve player to compare to Kenny.

Nemeth is a lot like Fowler he isn't the fastest but he's a natural finisher. He also has that knack like Fowler had of being the best of both worlds. What I mean by that is you can get great goalscorers EG: Aldridge, Lineker, Owen. And you can have scorers of great goals, EG: Bergkamp, Zola & Cantona, but it's very rare to find a player who can score poachers goals and turn a man & volley it in from 30 yards. Robbie had that innate ability and from seeing his international goals and For MTK as well as his reserve goals he seems to be a player with that rare commodity.

Reckon Nemeth, Plessis & Insua will start 7 or 8 games this year - cup games against lesser opposition, unless we get injuries. You can only tell if someone can hack it by actually playing them. Same reason i'm reserving judgement on Degen, although it sounds like we've got another Voronin & RB position looks dodgy still. (Dossena, Aurelio & Insua fighting it out for LB sounds v good to me - that's for a different thread though). Pacheco won't feature this year (only played a few games for reserves yet) and El Zhar will be shipped out methinks. He's had enough time to impress and hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Leto turns things around though if he's here next season. Player i'm most looking forward to seeing progress is Gerardo Bruna. He'll be a massive player for us in 3 years time, if not sooner.

p.s. Parry is a nob.

Reckon Nemeth, Plessis & Insua will start 7 or 8 games this year - cup games against lesser opposition, unless we get injuries. You can only tell if someone can hack it by actually playing them. Same reason i'm reserving judgement on Degen, although it sounds like we've got another Voronin & RB position looks dodgy still. (Dossena, Aurelio & Insua fighting it out for LB sounds v good to me - that's for a different thread though). Pacheco won't feature this year (only played a few games for reserves yet) and El Zhar will be shipped out methinks. He's had enough time to impress and hasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Leto turns things around though if he's here next season. Player i'm most looking forward to seeing progress is Gerardo Bruna. He'll be a massive player for us in 3 years time, if not sooner.

p.s. Parry is a nob.

Ta for that. Didn't know Pachecho had played so little. Hope he stays with us for a few years though because he looks very good.

Who is Bruna? Is he the kid we got from Real? What position? Has he played much? What's he like etc etc?

Ta for that. Didn't know Pachecho had played so little. Hope he stays with us for a few years though because he looks very good.

Who is Bruna? Is he the kid we got from Real? What position? Has he played much? What's he like etc etc?

Bruna is an attacking midfielder / forward but at that age you can be shaped to play anywhere. Looks like he already could though - very very special player but also not played a lot yet for the reserves. Probably come through with Pacheco at some point in the 09/10 season. Watch the reserves next year for what will probably be more attractive football than you see in the 1st team!

Nemeth is not just a finisher he has set Brouwer up on many occasions with a back heel or a through ball but either Brouwer hasnt anticipated the bass or as made a fuck up when he has got the ball.

For a young lad he has some strength on him and is more then capable of beating a player.

I dont know about replacing Torres when El Nino needs a rest as i would like Babel to do that but i would be interested to see him play alongside the main striker to see how he would do then.

Nemeth is not just a finisher he has set Brouwer up on many occasions with a back heel or a through ball but either Brouwer hasnt anticipated the bass or as made a fuck up when he has got the ball.

For a young lad he has some strength on him and is more then capable of beating a player.

I dont know about replacing Torres when El Nino needs a rest as i would like Babel to do that but i would be interested to see him play alongside the main striker to see how he would do then.

Yeah, it's difficult to argue against the 4231 system cos it worked so well, but i'd like to see 2 up front - primarily Babel just off Torres, but also change things about with Kuyt & Nemeth. This may be just me pandering to Babel as he doesn't always look that comfortable out on the left. That said, some attacking full backs would allow our front 3 to play a little narrower, which would benefit both Babel & Kuyt.

I like the 4-2-3-1 formation we are currently playing and its looking like Rafa is keeping it due to the fact he is intending on signing two full backs whose biggest attribute is attacking.

I will back track on what ive just about Nemeth replacing Torres as i think if he had Gerrard supplying him the through balls then i think he could do well but its the pace issue of playing in the Torres role which would worry me but Nemeth is certainly one for the future regardless of whereabouts in the forward line he plays.

Pacheco is most like Kenny if I had to pick a reserve player to compare to Kenny.

Nemeth is a lot like Fowler he isn't the fastest but he's a natural finisher. He also has that knack like Fowler had of being the best of both worlds. What I mean by that is you can get great goalscorers EG: Aldridge, Lineker, Owen. And you can have scorers of great goals, EG: Bergkamp, Zola & Cantona, but it's very rare to find a player who can score poachers goals and turn a man & volley it in from 30 yards. Robbie had that innate ability and from seeing his international goals and For MTK as well as his reserve goals he seems to be a player with that rare commodity.

It's called a "Torres"

;)

KRISZTIAN NEMETH'S rapid progress since joining Liverpool last summer has been recognised by Hungary who have called the teenage striker into their senior squad for Saturday's international with Croatia.

The 19-year-old has quickly established himself as one of the stars of Gary Ablett's title-winning reserve side after moving to the club from MTK Hungaria in July 2007.

A string of dazzling performances and several eye-catching goals in a debut season in which he finished up as top scorer have marked Nemeth out as a player for the future and Benitez believes he has the ability to challenge for a place in Liverpool's first team.

The Reds boss said: "He is a player with game intelligence, with ability and someone who can score goals. He is a player we are keeping an eye on for the future.

"He must keep working. I think he will be much better in time because he wants to learn."

At the weekend, Nemeth fired Hungary's under-19 side to the European Championships with the only goal of the game against Portugal.

KRISZTIAN NEMETH'S rapid progress since joining Liverpool last summer has been recognised by Hungary who have called the teenage striker into their senior squad for Saturday's international with Croatia.

The 19-year-old has quickly established himself as one of the stars of Gary Ablett's title-winning reserve side after moving to the club from MTK Hungaria in July 2007.

A string of dazzling performances and several eye-catching goals in a debut season in which he finished up as top scorer have marked Nemeth out as a player for the future and Benitez believes he has the ability to challenge for a place in Liverpool's first team.

The Reds boss said: "He is a player with game intelligence, with ability and someone who can score goals. He is a player we are keeping an eye on for the future.

"He must keep working. I think he will be much better in time because he wants to learn."

At the weekend, Nemeth fired Hungary's under-19 side to the European Championships with the only goal of the game against Portugal.

Thats ace news.

He loves that quote does Rafa :whistle::whistle: but he is right Nemeth does look ace, very promising player and I would much prefer to see someone as eager as him given a chance instead of shyte like Voronin.