You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2008 Network Game Anyone?

Woo

Hopefully we can get one going. So far we have Malarkey and WaltonRed along with myself all willing to play. I find ideally you need 4-8 people, 6 seems to be a good number for a good network game.

If anyone wants to play post in here. Once we have enough numbers we can discuss who to go, what days/times etc.

Cheers

Al

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we can get one going. So far we have Malarkey and WaltonRed along with myself all willing to play. I find ideally you need 4-8 people, 6 seems to be a good number for a good network game.

If anyone wants to play post in here. Once we have enough numbers we can discuss who to go, what days/times etc.

Cheers

Al

How do the network games work exactly? I've got the game but never bothere to play a network game.

How do the network games work exactly? I've got the game but never bothere to play a network game.

This might sound sarcastic but it is literally a normal game of fm but with more people. Everything is the same only the games goes a little slower.

Someone hosts the game (i.e starts it), gives the other players his i.p address, they type it in the join server box and they connect.

This might sound sarcastic but it is literally a normal game of fm but with more people. Everything is the same only the games goes a little slower.

Someone hosts the game (i.e starts it), gives the other players his i.p address, they type it in the join server box and they connect.

So its like a normal game only I, for the sake of arguement, am managing lfc whereas you would manage blackburn? is that how it works?

So its like a normal game only I, for the sake of arguement, am managing lfc whereas you would manage blackburn? is that how it works?

Yeah, just be like adding new managers at different clubs basically.

Oh ryt. Cheers for clearing that up. Is there not always a big dispute as to who gets to manage what team?

Sometimes yeah, just draw names out of a hat or something when that happens.

5 interested so far. Any idea what setup we'd be playing? How many playable leagues, viewable leagues, etc..

Also, do you have any rules concerning transfers and length of turn to keep the game ticking over?

From my experience I find that the only leagues loaded should be the country you are in (eg. if you all go prem teams, load league 2 and above. No other leagues loaded like spain or italy). Also the 30 second when 50% have pressed continue works best as its a pain in the arse waiting for people who are slow.

OK. If you can send rules to those playing and decide what league we're playing in, and eventually who is what team, then I'm happy to start the game tomorrow.

Can't do tonight, and I may have to pop out for a while tomorrow around 20:00.

It can be quite a laborious game, though if you use the force continue option the game does speed up.

You also need rules on how many transfers people are allowed per window and allot a set amount of time per window for those transfers and subsequent squad set-up.

Numerous transfers do tend to slow the game play down significantly.

Woo, just let me know when you want to get this up and running.

I'm on evening shift from today till Friday, then nights Saturday through Tuesday, so won't be able to play from 15:30-23:30 today till Friday, 19:30-08:30 Saturday & Sunday, and 22:30-08:30 Monday and Tuesday.

I'm also away in June for 2 weeks starting on Thursday 5th - back Wednesday 18th.