You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2008 Network Game Anyone?

Woo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need the 8.0.2 patch (the official update with all the january signings on). If you don't have it, then pm and I will look for a link for you to download it, or send via Messenger if possible.

Also, MSN or Yahoo! Messenger is a must. PM me your id and I'll send you the IP address and patch when ready.

Anthony = Real Madrid

I have the "illegal" version so i hope it works.

We'll find out tomorrow.

Like I said to RobbieOR, it's been a while since I hosted and I can't remember everything off the top of my head, so please bear with me. I'll try a couple of tests to get the game up and running successfully before starting the real game.

OK, got 3 playing now.

Myself (Atletico Madrid), odris (Real Madrid) and RobbieOR (Barcelona). Anyone else interested? Looking to start around 1ish.

Pop your name and preferred team in here and I'll pass on the IP address to you. Also, please PM me your MSN id and I'll add you to my contacts.

OK, got 3 playing now.

Myself (Atletico Madrid), odris (Real Madrid) and RobbieOR (Barcelona). Anyone else interested? Looking to start around 1ish.

Pop your name and preferred team in here and I'll pass on the IP address to you. Also, please PM me your MSN id and I'll add you to my contacts.

Ill play no problem (seville) just tell me how to get online.

Shouldn't be a problem, we're still in pre season at the minute, though we're taking an enforced break, FTORRES09 away at the moment, and then I'm off till Tuesday.

You'll need Hamachi, which you can get here, if you don't already have it.

Also, PM me your MSN id and I'll add you, easier to communicate while playing.

Any preference on team, or will you just add once you're in?

Teams taken are, Real Madrid, Barcelona*, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla.

* Once we can get RobbieOR sorted out on Hamachi......

Shouldn't be a problem, we're still in pre season at the minute, though we're taking an enforced break, FTORRES09 away at the moment, and then I'm off till Tuesday.

You'll need Hamachi, which you can get here, if you don't already have it.

Also, PM me your MSN id and I'll add you, easier to communicate while playing.

Any preference on team, or will you just add once you're in?

Teams taken are, Real Madrid, Barcelona*, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla.

* Once we can get RobbieOR sorted out on Hamachi......

I'll go Valencia. I have Hamachi. And I'll PM you my MSN Address now. Thanks Dynamite.

Can't see that being a problem. Just PM your MSN id and I'll add you to the list and send you the rules we are using. Also need to know which team you want to be. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla have all been taken.

Sorry about the no show yesterday, had a call to do something at the last minute and didn't have net access.

I will be available to play from tomorrow.

Good news, I will be available to play from tomorrow afternoon/evening until 15:00 Monday afternoon.

If you're all still interested and are available, please let me know in here and we'll organise a start time(s).

Seeing as a few of us started a game, but did not get too far through pre season, would people prefer to start afresh, so we'd all be at the same level? Or do people just want to resume from where we left off, with the new players joining mid flight?

If we start a new game, should we define some sort of rules to help the game move quicker? Keep the below rules? Or make slight amendments to the below rules?

In the current game, 3 permanent transfers, 3 loan transfers and unlimited free signings are allowed per transfer window.

All friendlies must either be cancelled, or the assistant take charge.

The 1 minute force continue is being used, whereby, if 50% of the players click continue, those who are not ready have 1 minute before the game resumes.

Apologies again for the extended delay in my participation.

Finally, I've not been able to port forward at all, so if I'm to continue hosting, everyone will need Hamachi.

Just had a call from work, as half expected, so can't do tonight now, they want me in earlier than I thought, so going to have to start tomorrow.

I'll be on here early tomorrow to see who is around and take it from there.