You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause a shit storm? Have you been in a cave for the last year, how can you see when one shit-storm starts and another ends if you are in the middle of the hurricane Katrina of shit?

He has spoken out at the wrong times now and again but he's also spoken out at the right times a lot too. Stop pushing your sordid little anti-rafa agenda. It got put aside for a few days when we beat Arsenal but you're back on it again.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
So the scenario is now if we want Rafa then we have to back Hicks? Rafa will be sacked under Gillett. Quite easy decision for some of you then isn't it?

I want Rafa to stay under a DIC ownership but if it meant getting rid of the whole current lot and Rafa had to go too then I'd get rid of the baby and the bath water. The club is dying at the moment...

Gillett is not going to be in a position to sack Rafa

Cause a shit storm? Have you been in a cave for the last year, how can you see when one shit-storm starts and another ends if you are in the middle of the hurricane Katrina of shit?

He has spoken out at the wrong times now and again but he's also spoken out at the right times a lot too. Stop pushing your sordid little anti-rafa agenda. It got put aside for a few days when we beat Arsenal but you're back on it again.

I know Rashid is anti-Rafa and all that but seriously, what is wrong with what he has said?

What is the need for Rafa to say to the press that he wants a board meeting? That too within hours if possible? Was he not aware of the shit this will cause?

Do you think the manager saying "I want a board meeting within hours if possible" to the media and the CEO saying "I'm more than happy to sit with Rafa" are the ways to handle the internal affairs in a football club?

This week we have had Hillbilly Hicks lay into Parry and lay out bare in public that he has absolutely no power to do anything in the boardroom. He needs to remove Parry to be able to get someone like Ian Ayre in. Once that happens then we are already starting to lay the groundwork for a 100% Hicks ownership - the doomsday scenario. In the midst of this the last thing we needed was further comments from the manager wanting emergency board meetings played out on Sky Sports and the BBC. He didn't need to do that and it makes him no better than his buddy Hicks with regards to media outcries.

As I have said 10 times today already, I want him to stay under a DIC ownership to prove what many of you say that he can win the league of backed with more than the £70m he got this past year. It is not an agenda, I want us to be back at the top owned by people with dignity. Stop twisting what I say.

I know Rashid is anti-Rafa and all that but seriously, what is wrong with what he has said?

What is the need for Rafa to say to the press that he wants a board meeting? That too within hours if possible? Was he not aware of the shit this will cause?

Do you think the manager saying "I want a board meeting within hours if possible" to the media and the CEO saying "I'm more than happy to sit with Rafa" are the ways to handle the internal affairs in a football club?

He's in a war, the gloves are off. He's fighting for his club and its supporters.

Whooah, we're going all Trailer Park Boys.

One thing for sure is Hicks is definitely a shit leopard.

Jockey Hansen spelt it out in simple terms on MOTD2 last night. We need a new stadium to compete with the clubs above us, and if the Americans can't provide that, which was the basis of their whole takeover, they should step aside and let someone come in who can.

It all comes down to action not words, but as we're run by a bunch of amateurs, they all seem to prefer their media bitch fights and huge cock/ego measuring contests.

I thought they wanted to make money? Well they need to get on with it.

This week we have had Hillbilly Hicks lay into Parry and lay out bare in public that he has absolutely no power to do anything in the boardroom. He needs to remove Parry to be able to get someone like Ian Ayre in. Once that happens then we are already starting to lay the groundwork for a 100% Hicks ownership - the doomsday scenario. In the midst of this the last thing we needed was further comments from the manager wanting emergency board meetings played out on Sky Sports and the BBC. He didn't need to do that and it makes him no better than his buddy Hicks with regards to media outcries.

As I have said 10 times today already, I want him to stay under a DIC ownership to prove what many of you say that he can win the league of backed with more than the £70m he got this past year. It is not an agenda, I want us to be back at the top owned by people with dignity. Stop twisting what I say.

He didn't though did he?

And it is an agenda, that little jewel illustrates the fact more than anything

He's in a war, the gloves are off. He's fighting for his club and its supporters.

If that were true, he'd have kept his mouth shut, but Rafa seems to enjoy these political mind games more than any of them.

Lets get one thing straight, all of them only care about themselves.

He never got £70m. How many times are you and grandad going to keep using figures to deliberately make it look like he's been given blank cheques?

Hicks isn't going to get 100% of the club. It isn't going to happen, that's why Rafa not laying into him in public doesn't concern me.

Jockey Hansen spelt it out in simple terms on MOTD2 last night. We need a new stadium to compete with the clubs above us, and if the Americans can't provide that, which was the basis of their whole takeover, they should step aside and let someone come in who can.

It all comes down to action not words, but as we're run by a bunch of amateurs, they all seem to prefer their media bitch fights and huge cock/ego measuring contests.

I thought they wanted to make money? Well they need to get on with it.

I think the stadium will only start when there is a sole owner.

I also think another delay for the stadium is such a major undertaking the stadium designs have to meet with the approval of the sole owner and that sole owner may not be hicks or gillett. the new owners may have their own ideas of how the stadium should look, also the new owners may want to place the orders for the contracts with their own people.

He never got £70m. How many times are you and grandad going to keep using figures to deliberately make it look like he's been given blank cheques?

Hicks isn't going to get 100% of the club. It isn't going to happen, that's why Rafa not laying into him in public doesn't concern me.

you can deduct the money he made from sales if you wish but fact is he was given a large sum money to spend this year.

He didn't though did he?

And it is an agenda, that little jewel illustrates it more than anything

Andy mate...

He said on the BBC and Sky that he want so to "speak to the board in the next few hours"...Sunday night... if that isn't an emergency then what is it? And surely he could have phoned Parry and told him this and then threatened to go public if Parry didn't act? The last thing we need is more public outburst.

With regards your earlier point about Gillett sacking Rafa, he can do it if he wanted to, he has the majority of votes on the board doesn't he? Unless that is something that has a veto power attached to it.

I want the whole lot of them out and then a LFC with DIC and Rafa make no mistake but Rafa is no angel in this and I find some people saying he is "doing it for the fans" as laughable.

you can deduct the money he made from sales if you wish but fact is he was given a large sum money to spend this year.

Yes, and he spent more NET and GROSS than Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal this past year.. but this is something else mate, leave that argument alone.

Andy mate...

He said on the BBC and Sky that he want so to "speak to the board in the next few hours"...Sunday night... if that isn't an emergency then what is it? And surely he could have phoned Parry and told him this and then threatened to go public if Parry didn't act? The last thing we need is more public outburst.

With regards your earlier point about Gillett sacking Rafa, he can do it if he wanted to, he has the majority of votes on the board doesn't he? Unless that is something that has a veto power attached to it.

I want the whole lot of them out and then a LFC with DIC and Rafa make no mistake but Rafa is no angel in this and I find some people saying he is "doing it for the fans" as laughable.

Laughable just about sums up the whole situation at the minute, it doesnt help when people are peddling rumour as fact, pulling mythical figures out of the air, not taking into account money recouped and then stating as fact that our net spend was greater than that of our friends down the East Lancs, when it is nowhere near the truth.

If it is not the case then I apologise but it seems quite obvious from your postings over the past 12 months if not longer that you do not want Rafa at the club, and that is not just my interpretation as i'm sure you are aware.

So either please for the love of god stop hiding behind little snide digs and be out with it or re-evaluate how you position things on the internet.

There is alot of shite flying around at the moment, and no-one knows what quite to believe, but by consistently placing Rafa with Hicks is not only wrong, its quite offensive.

I can't believe Rafa is trying to convince people he's only just found out Parry was at the meetings. He knew Parry was in the States that week, what did he think he was doing, skiing? And there's no way Hicks wouldn't have told him exactly who was at the meeting.

I don't know why Rafa is making an issue out of it, but he obviously has a reason. Perhaps Parry told him he wasn't at the meeting, and now Hicks has gone public that he was, Rafa thinks he can make Parry squirm? I have no idea, I just feel that there's no way Rafa didn't already know about it, as there were plenty of people who knew.

I don't see why it's a big deal if he was there. He's employed by G&H so it's his job to be there if he's requested to. He has no choice. Parry being at the meeting isn't a stick to beat him with, it's irrelevant. The only reason I can think of why this could be an issue, is if Parry had denied attending the meeting, in which case I can see why Rafa would be pissed off.

I'm just sick of it all, it's getting worse by the day and fuck knows what else we have in store before we play Chelsea. All of them - Rafa included - need to just shut the fuck up now and sort their shit out between themselves, behind closed doors.

Firstly we do not know what has irked Rafa yet. However if Parry has straight out lied to him when asked a direct question, if that has happened I could see Rafa losing it.

Having said all that I suspect Rafa is well on top of the situation.

So you bring up the £70m figure then tell someone else to leave it alone as it's not what we are discussing.

Are you disturbed or something?

He has spent £71m this past year which is £15m more than Man United. He has recouped £30m which is £5 more than United = he has spent more. If you want the exact breakdown I can give you that too.