You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

The figures might be factual, especially over the long term, and Rafa might have spent as much as Ferguson in his time here, but you're trying to use it against us for our lack of a title challenge, which doesn't tell the full story, and doesn't take into account the capacity to spend larger indivudual amounts on the better players, something we've never been able to do since United started to dominate.

It's an argument that mancs over on Redcafe, etc, like to peddle a lot, usually to mask their inferior overall success.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obfuscating. If they'd spent a tenner a year for 3 years and we spent nothing, but in year 4 we spend 10 million more and they just spent another tenner, they've still outspent us in 3 of 4 seasons.;)

The facts are Rafa has spent about the same as Ferguson in his time here, probably a bit more.

He was working off a lesser base when he arrived, I'd be happy to concede that, mainly due to inheriting Houllier's poor squad.

*Houllier presided over a 5 year plan where we also matched united in spending.

I don't think anyone can disagree with any of this. In one way the board should be commended for letting us spend as much as United depsite being far far poorer since the late 90's.

So we've matched United in spending. Its a fact.

Anyone who disagrees with this prove otherwise, I've given the list which goes into minute detail to show this to be the case. Proof was asked for, it was given, now all i hear is its manc propoganda cos it doesn't suit the argument.

If i have time I might even copy and past over the list to a thread here. I'm sure it would go down a treat:yes:

If he is then he can fucking clean it up.

People are saying Parry and Gillett want Rafa out. Gillett doesnt even want to remain an owner so I dont see why he would want Rafa sacked. I also dont see any reason why Parry would want Rafa sacked. Am I missing something...?

If this was a game of musical chairs the music would still be playing and the only chair left to fight over not only has raffas name on it and its being saved for him by 48,000 of his match going mates...............The only way raffa leaves before Hicks , gillett and coco is if his wife and children have become home sick. the others are hoping the music doesn't stop.

If this was a game of musical chairs the music would still be playing and the only chair left to fight over not only has raffas name on it and its being saved for him by 48,000 of his match going mates...............The only way raffa leaves before Hicks , gillett and coco is if his wife and children have become home sick. the others are hoping the music doesn't stop.

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

People are saying Parry and Gillett want Rafa out. Gillett doesnt even want to remain an owner so I dont see why he would want Rafa sacked. I also dont see any reason why Parry would want Rafa sacked. Am I missing something...?

Because they don't get on and Rafa is continually highlighting Parry's faults.

Just got this off YNWA some fans are starting to believe Hicks already.

QUOTE(Flasher @ Apr 14 2008, 16:38)

Normally I'd agree with you. But.....

- He's the only one that's come out and shared some truths (Klinsmann, questioned Parry's abilities, like we all have)

- Is the only one to publicly back Rafa

- Is the only one to publicly state he's committed.

Anything contrary to any of the above is just guess work at best.

Sure, Hicks said no loans would be put on the club. But following the deal to buy us, the US economy and market changed and circumstances were suddenly completely different.

I also believe Rafa likes Hicks, quite simply because Hicks will speak to him and tell him the truth. Wouldn't surprise me if Rafa took sides publicly soon. I reckon he'll choose Hicks.

Just look at the list and point out its inaccuracies. I never said it was gospel but it was as good an account on one of these things that I have seen.

Assume you're not counting Cisse even though he arrived that season

Cisse was not a Rafa signing so far since Rafa came he has spent a total of £151 666 000.Well I no in 2 of seasons Slur spent over £124 000 000 and in another practically fuck all.

So if we have spent as much as the mancs in the past 20 years (i dont know if thats true). What does that have to do with rafa. The fact is he took over a team who was way behind them four years ago. He had to sell Owen on the cheap and then there was only Gerrard left who was worth serious money. Would you expect him to overtake them by spending the same amount of money??

Something else here to add to the mix which you may all find interesting.

America's fourth-largest bank, Wachovia, is raising $7bn (£3.52bn) through emergency fundraising as the subprime mortgage crisis in the US continues to reverberate through the banking sector.

Get on this as well,

The news came today as two of the biggest names in Wall Street - Citigroup and Merrill Lynch - were poised to report huge write-downs because of the continuing credit crisis. Analysts are bracing themselves for total write-downs of $17bn when the two banks report their quarterly results later this week.

Do any bread heads know if this has an effect on whats going on lately.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Get on this as well,

The news came today as two of the biggest names in Wall Street - Citigroup and Merrill Lynch - were poised to report huge write-downs because of the continuing credit crisis. Analysts are bracing themselves for total write-downs of $17bn when the two banks report their quarterly results later this week.

Do any bread heads know if this has an effect on whats going on lately.

Hicks dumped J P Morgan for Merril Lynch only a few weeks ago

Because they don't get on and Rafa is continually highlighting Parry's faults.

I think success is more important than having mates and Parry will know that. I dont buy in to this Parry and Gillett vs Rafa and Hicks theory.

Parry tightens up his Anfield defence

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry, under pressure as never before having kept quiet about his meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann, has done his best to protect his own back at Anfield.

The American owners' takeover agreement was for a five-man Liverpool board of George and Foster Gillett, Tom Hicks and Tom Jnr, plus Parry. But the latter successfully fought for an extra seat for former owner David Moores, whose support for his long-time chief executive will now be critical as he faces the wrath of manager Rafa Benitez over 'Klinsmann-gate'.

Parry, who had a one-year rolling contract during the Moores reign, also negotiated a change in his own deal to a two-year one for the first year of the takeover, giving him even more security on top of his £500,000 bonus for bringing in the Americans.

But the first anniversary of the doomed American partnership in February means Parry has reverted back to his one-year agreement, making it a lot cheaper for Hicks to sack him, were the Texan to win the power battle ripping the club apart.

Hicks has admitted to two meetings with Klinsmann, the first in New York which Parry attended and the second at the German's Californian holiday home over Thanksgiving weekend last November.

But Hicks, who is understood to be currently in regular email contact with Benitez, says it is 'categorically untrue' that he or his entourage have had any contact with Klinsmann since.

Parry tightens up his Anfield defence

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry, under pressure as never before having kept quiet about his meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann, has done his best to protect his own back at Anfield.

The American owners' takeover agreement was for a five-man Liverpool board of George and Foster Gillett, Tom Hicks and Tom Jnr, plus Parry. But the latter successfully fought for an extra seat for former owner David Moores, whose support for his long-time chief executive will now be critical as he faces the wrath of manager Rafa Benitez over 'Klinsmann-gate'.

Parry, who had a one-year rolling contract during the Moores reign, also negotiated a change in his own deal to a two-year one for the first year of the takeover, giving him even more security on top of his £500,000 bonus for bringing in the Americans.

But the first anniversary of the doomed American partnership in February means Parry has reverted back to his one-year agreement, making it a lot cheaper for Hicks to sack him, were the Texan to win the power battle ripping the club apart.

Hicks has admitted to two meetings with Klinsmann, the first in New York which Parry attended and the second at the German's Californian holiday home over Thanksgiving weekend last November.

But Hicks, who is understood to be currently in regular email contact with Benitez, says it is 'categorically untrue' that he or his entourage have had any contact with Klinsmann since.

:wallbutt:

Since May last year Rafa has spent £51.5M and recouped £33.2M. A net spend of £18.3M this includes the £17M you insist on accounting for. If you include the full 3 transfer windows his spend is only £23.3M.

Your figures just don't add Rash.