You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

Even if the cunt Parry have to walk, which I think he should given the inexcusable act of talking to Klintsmann when we were still undefeated, I guess the Board would still need to agree upon another Board Member..... (Hicks don't control this, unless there is already an arrangement of sorts all ready in place)

And Rash, please stop claiming that Rafa has spent a hell of a lot in the transfer market, we all know it is not true, so please stop changing known facts to fit with your agenda......

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He has spent £71m this past year which is £15m more than Man United. He has recouped £30m which is £5 more than United = he has spent more. If you want the exact breakdown I can give you that too.

Go on then

Right, so he was given £41m, and that's if you stretch the word given so it doesn't take into account the extra money he himself brought in through the champions league and also if you take Mascherano as being £17m, which I don't.

And he spent £10m more than Utd net in one year, so fucking what? Anyone with a functioning brain knows why that is.

This has all been explained to you many times before, it gets to the point where your opinion is revealed to be misguided, you disappear, then a week later (3 days if we are unlucky) you come right back to the start again.

They did a test and found out that goldfish have memories by ringing a bell and then feeding them; eventually the ringing of the bell led to the fish going to where the food entered the tank. One day you could attain that level of achievement and we won't have to point the same facts out every single tedious fucking week.

Go Monty!

The thing is, Jim, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Being nice, being a cunt, doing hundreds of other things, even getting banned: none of it ever changes the situation, the last decade has shown that.

As I type he is undoubtably on another thread pushing the same story, you cut it off there and it goes somewhere else, or a new thread is started. So tiring. You try to ignore it but then you're looking at the forums you write on being infested with misinformation and shite that shouldn't be left to slide.

Rashid's timing is on a par with Hicks! There's debates to be had about the relative merits of transfer spending, but now is not the time, in fact it's not even threatening to be the time!

At the moment we just need to focus on a massive CL semi-final coming up. The other stuff needs to take a back seat right now.

Right, so he was given £41m, and that's if you stretch the word given so it doesn't take into account the extra money he himself brought in through the champions league and also if you take Mascherano as being £17m, which I don't.

And he spent £10m more than Utd net in one year, so fucking what? Anyone with a functioning brain knows why that is.

spot on.

it will be the same again this season as well, I would say manu need another striker, another center back and a right back they can go out and bring in the best available in these three positions and even if the three flopped badly, so what their squad and first team is so strong (due to years of heavy spending) they could deal with it.

we on the other hand have to make less go further and will in all likelihood sale to buy our main targets and we will feel it if any of the incoming players don't hit the ground running,

like stu says anyone with a functioning brain should see the situation for what it is rather than black and white facts and figures

The thing is, Jim, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Being nice, being a cunt, doing hundreds of other things, even getting banned: none of it ever changes the situation, the last decade has shown that.

As I type he is undoubtably on another thread pushing the same story, you cut it off there and it goes somewhere else, or a new thread is started. So tiring. You try to ignore it but then you're looking at the forums you write on being infested with misinformation and shite that shouldn't be left to slide.

Quality.

Where have I peddled mis information? Are you disputing the £71m spent or the £30m recouped? or United £56m spent and £25m recouped? Or are you disputing that we have spent more than United and Arsenal these past 4 years combined? I don't get what you are disputing, when you find out let me know and I'll show you my figures...

Rashid is right on this one, whether you view the money spent by Ferguson in total since he arrived at United, or versus just about every manager we've had, head to head, in that time, we've spent as much, and probably more than them.

Its not even up for dispute.

These are the facts. The fact that most transfers these days are undisclosed in one way or the other makes comparison harder.

Fuck me this thread has now got wrong stamped all over it.

If you are referring to the money spent then its true, we've spent at least as much as them over the last 20 years.

Usually people lash out a few players that cost 20 million plus, but we just buy more in the 6-12 million bracket.

All I know is that Man Utd have like 5 players they bought for over 20m, and have bought quite a few for over that much.

If they spend 20 million on one and we spend 20 million on two, we both spend 20 million.

For my sins, I once challenged a United fan to prove that they'd spend about the same as us as I found the idea preposterous, I gave him 30 million leeway as I thought they were out of sight, he did and I coughed up 50 notes. I thought it was a sure thing and I was wrong.

He has spent £71m this past year which is £15m more than Man United. He has recouped £30m which is £5 more than United = he has spent more. If you want the exact breakdown I can give you that too.

We have payed for Masher, they haven't payed for Tevez. Yet he plays for them? It's not an exact science and they were already how many point's ahead last season?

Ferguson is at a well run club though isn't he?

He's had some top class come through his youth ranks and the CEO has seen that they get good money when they finally need selling on. Beckham going for £25M or whatever it was slightly skews the net spend arithmetic, plus probably £10M just for Pip Neville and Buttface. Compare that to what we got for Owen or Mcmanaman = Not fucking enough.

When Rafa came in he had to offload Houllier's absolute shite (who sectioned these outrageous transfers and contracts?) which meant very little recoups in terms of sales and slow turnaround period.

The value of the squad is now more than the value added to it in pure transfer fees. We are moving in the right direction but we're fighting a 10 year run where the club did very poor business. Who ran the club for those 10 years? Rick Parry for the main. Most of the shite we are having to deal with usually comes back to that man..

Ferguson is at a well run club though isn't he?

He's had some top class come through his youth ranks and the CEO has seen that they get good money when they finally need selling on. Beckham going for £25M or whatever it was slightly skews the net spend arithmetic, plus probably £10M just for Pip Neville and Buttface. Compare that to what we got for Owen or Mcmanaman = Not fucking enough.

When Rafa came in he had to offload Houllier's absolute shite (who sectioned these outrageous transfers and contracts?) which meant very little recoups in terms of sales and slow turnaround period.

The value of the squad is now more than the value added to it in pure transfer fees. We are moving in the right direction but we're fighting a 10 year run where the club did very poor business. Who ran the club for those 10 years? Rick Parry for the main. Most of the shite we are having to deal with usually comes back to that man..

The point is not that mate, the point is the almost constant lies of how much we haven't spent compared to our rivals.

Yeah, it's all Rick's fault that he sanctioned several shite signings for his last few managers.

"Morientes for £7m? Fuck off Rafa!"

He's not a fucking scout.

You had a Honda S 2000, your neighbor had a Porche Boxter. You drove your S-2000 around a year, and spent $5000 to repair the wear and tear, also add some improvement. Your neighbor spent $3000 on his boxter for wear and tear.

Does it mean you have a better car because you spent more money than him on the car in the past year? Not in my world.