You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mihir Bose: DIC selling assets to fund LFC bid

Neil G

It's also possible that Hicks could have bought him out behind the scenes. He probably needed him for the loan, but a private agreement can now be reached. Hope that's not the case but it would give an explanation to his complete withdrawal.

I don't buy the "outraged" stuff either. Seems a bit odd that they could have got this far in the partnership at all without deciding how they would have arranged this refinancing 12 months ago???

That seems pausible, because we've heard nothing from wee George.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also possible that Hicks could have bought him out behind the scenes. He probably needed him for the loan, but a private agreement can now be reached. Hope that's not the case but it would give an explanation to his complete withdrawal.

I don't buy the "outraged" stuff either. Seems a bit odd that they could have got this far in the partnership at all without deciding how they would have arranged this refinancing 12 months ago???

That is a possibility but wouldn't it rule out DIC still being involved in negotiations, and the people supposedly with inside knowledge say they still are.

Oh dear, looks like too many are believing the DIC hype again. Better get used to it, DIC will not bid the price Gillet and Hicks want for the club. DIC are not riding to our rescue over this now they have the funding for the new stadium in place. Once that gets started, the price of the club will go up because it has a tangible asset.

All this talk of the club's value going down once the loans were sorted just isnt correct. Let's have a bit of reality, eh?

Oh dear, looks like too many are believing the DIC hype again. Better get used to it, DIC will not bid the price Gillet and Hicks want for the club. DIC are not riding to our rescue over this now they have the funding for the new stadium in place. Once that gets started, the price of the club will go up because it has a tangible asset.

All this talk of the club's value going down once the loans were sorted just isnt correct. Let's have a bit of reality, eh?

That's one of the reason's why I'm wondering if they are buying half from Gillett who is reportedly struggling to raise his contribution to the new deal. If that's true then perhaps he would be forced to sell a cheaper price. Speculation I know but that's forum currency isn't it.

That's one of the reason's why I'm wondering if they are buying half from Gillett who is reportedly struggling to raise his contribution to the new deal. If that's true then perhaps he would be forced to sell a cheaper price. Speculation I know but that's forum currency isn't it.

The funding is in place. Why are people still believing one or both of them are struggling to re finance?

The funding is in place. Why are people still believing one or both of them are struggling to re finance?

"Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

We may have to do it with a rock hammer, it may take 25 years, but we'll fucking do it...

the_shawshank_redemption_d220.jpg

Ok; so Barrett's comment of earlier today appears to have been overtaken by events but the complete absence of Gillett on a day that should herald stability for their partnership and the future of the club, is very very strange.

So I wonder if the details behind this deal and who is involved in it are what we are assuming them to be.

Why is it all "Kop" and I , and no George?

Its been a long time since Gillett even did a statement and the last time i actually heard him speak was as he was on his way into the ground against Marseille in the Champs Lge.

I know he was at the Man Utd game as well but other then his absense is a little strange when you consider you couldnt shut the fucker up a few months since.

Feck me! So now we're believing whats on the back page of NOTW! Cringeworthy.

Yeah... nothing to do with the fact that Chris Bascombe, THE closest journalist to LFC, happens to write for the notw...

its just that Liverpool fans have all thrown away their bibles and taken up the news of the world...

This won't happen. DIC blew their chance the first time around. Although I don't blame them for not wanting to be extorted by that imbecile chairman and his jester Parry. But why increase the bid so substancially so soon after not wanting to shell out? Seems a bit odd that DIC are so interested in a now debt ridden club that is rapidly going downhill...

This won't happen. DIC blew their chance the first time around. Although I don't blame them for not wanting to be extorted by that imbecile chairman and his jester Parry. But why increase the bid so substancially so soon after not wanting to shell out? Seems a bit odd that DIC are so interested in a now debt ridden club that is rapidly going downhill...

They will get us somehow and someday. This time they won't walk away mate.