You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Bothersome Man

Some Spartan grey low-fi existential weirdness which seemed to mix Inception with Primer with Groundhog Day, minus the humour and lux.

And it's in Norwegian, Finnish and Serbian.

Enjoyable isn't the word I'd use to describe this film. Strange probably is.

5/10 Kodi Fen Lite Real Debrid with hard coded Norwegian subs, cos that's how I roll.

I watched that years ago via Blockbuster actual rental and loved it.

The lead guy was also in Lilyhammer and most recently in Oppenhiemer.

• Upvote 1

Watch a couple of Lovecraft inspired Shudder originals the last few days.

Glorious. A generous 5/10. A man who has just come out of a relationship is driving a long distance, he parks up at a reststop in the evening and proceeds to get hammered in his car. He wakes up next morning rough and goes to the gents toilets, as he's throwing up in cubicle one he hears a voice from the next trap coming through a glory hole. Turns out an entity from another dimension has landed on earth and to help save the universe our protagonist must assist by offering up a certain part of his appendage to the occupier of the other stall. It is what it is, there's an obvious plot twist and it's instantly forgettable.

Suitable Flesh. A body swap/possession movie about a shrink who takes on a young lad who's having some troubles at home and looks initailly like a case of paranoid schizophrenia, until it isn't. I give this a 6.5/10, half a mark for Heather Graham, who at 54 still has a fabulous set of norks, also stars 80s horror stalwart Barbara Crampton.

Godzilla Minus One

The Japanese certainly knows how to make a cracking monster movie, pissing all over the expense Yank bullshit efforts.

Godzilla Minus One is possibly the best monster movie ever made, maybe second only to the original King Kong, and light years superior to the recent Monarch shite.

Fantastic stuff.

9/10 Kodi Fen Lite Real Debrid

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Godzilla Minus One

The Japanese certainly knows how to make a cracking monster movie, pissing all over the expense Yank bullshit efforts.

Godzilla Minus One is possibly the best monster movie ever made, maybe second only to the original King Kong, and light years superior to the recent Monarch shite.

Fantastic stuff.

9/10 Kodi Fen Lite Real Debrid

Been waiting for this to appear online for ages.

is it a full 1080p proper copy of is it a telesync

Love. Lies. Bleeding.

Kirsten Stewart works at a gym. A bodybuilder lass comes in she fancies, they scissor. Bodybuilder lass gets ‘roids rage and commits a murder and some sort of carnage ensues.

It was Ok. I saw it had good reviews, I was expecting better. Ed Harris looks hilarious simultaneously being bald and having long hair.

6/10.

The Killing (1956)

Kubrick directing and Jim Thompson dialogue, what's not to like? The voice over dates it, but it's still a taut heist procedural, and that last scene is a proper gut-punch. 

8/10

It's free to stream on Freevee (might be Pluto) if anyone's interested.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The Killing (1956)

Kubrick directing and Jim Thompson dialogue, what's not to like? The voice over dates it, but it's still a taut heist procedural, and that last scene is a proper gut-punch. 

8/10

It's free to stream on Freevee (might be Pluto) if anyone's interested.

Read one of his books a few months ago, was great.

The Killer Inside Me.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

One of my favourite authors. Pop. 1280 is well worth checking out too. One of those books that stayed with me.

I have that on audiobook, not got around to it yet but will do soon.

• Upvote 1

The Equalizer 3.

Came out on Sky Cinema today, was gonna wait until maybe Sunday night or the bank holiday to watch, couldn’t. I now know why I couldn’t. Hands down the best of the 3 which is rare for sequels. Denzel aint no joke even at his tender age, always a few steps ahead….leaving bodies behind in his wake, often violently. 

To think all this could’ve been avoided had the halfwit wannabe brother took his advice and taken his business elsewhere….NOPE, he didn’t wanna listen!!!!!

But yeah, a definite must see. 9.1/10

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Binomial said:

The Equalizer 3.

Came out on Sky Cinema today, was gonna wait until maybe Sunday night or the bank holiday to watch, couldn’t. I now know why I couldn’t. Hands down the best of the 3 which is rare for sequels. Denzel aint no joke even at his tender age, always a few steps ahead….leaving bodies behind in his wake, often violently. 

To think all this could’ve been avoided had the halfwit wannabe brother took his advice and taken his business elsewhere….NOPE, he didn’t wanna listen!!!!!

But yeah, a definite must see. 9.1/10

Its good but not 9.1 good. Denzel is always good value

Also the CIA agent was the little girl from the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds. Shows how long ago it was

14 minutes ago, redheart said:

Also the CIA agent was the little girl from the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds. Shows how long ago it was

I'd have thought Man on Fire would have been the go to reference for this movie.

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I'd have thought Man on Fire would have been the go to reference for this movie.

Is that film the 1 where he has like umpteen thousand flashbacks and ends up trading himself in for her?

20 minutes ago, redheart said:

8.9 then.

The Italian guys all play their parts, it was solid casting. Hope we get to see a 4th instalment.

Arcadian

Nic Cage post apocalyptic thing with creatures. Don't want to give much more away than that other than the beasties are horrific. Not bad. 6.3 

Elephant Song

2014 film about a psychiatrist and a mental patient who knows a secret regarding his missing doctor. Or does he?

Set mostly in one room and very much like a play but the film's biggest drawback is that the protagonist is and annoying little cunt.

Decent though.

6/10