You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

End of Watch

Shoddy cop movie. I'm glad the handheld found footage style film fad is over. Thought this was well reviewed, but it was awful. Caricatured gang members, brown baddies, and painful buddy banter.

4/10

I enjoyed that. Brutal ending. 

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

End of Watch

Shoddy cop movie. I'm glad the handheld found footage style film fad is over. Thought this was well reviewed, but it was awful. Caricatured gang members, brown baddies, and painful buddy banter.

4/10

It's no Training Day but it's a good film that, well I thought so.

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

End of Watch

4/10

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I enjoyed that. Brutal ending. 

Yeah, I thought that was a great film. Not sure about Babb'sBurstNad's taste now.

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

End of Watch

4/10

Started the fucking bullshit wedding dance bollocks too. 

I’ve been married twice, refused a first dance both times. Fuck that. I’ve two left feet and I’m right footed for fucks sake. 

34 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I love the 1974 original. Walter Matthau and Robert Shaw. I like Denzel Washington, but I’ve never fancied watching the 2009 version.

It's superb. Walter Matthau was an incredible actor. Brilliant with Jack Lemmon in particular- The Fortune Cookie especially is just genius, and he's outstanding in it.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

You can’t go wrong with Billy Wilder.

There was a Christmas about '82 or so when the Beeb showed a series of Wilder/ Lemmon/ Mathau films. Fifteen at the time, and man, those films were so good. Irma la Douce, The Apartment etc  I'm probably conflating things with my shit memory, but they were just brilliant- formative memories and all that.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There was a Christmas about '82 or so when the Beeb showed a series of Wilder/ Lemmon/ Mathau films. Fifteen at the time, and man, those films were so good. Irma la Douce, The Apartment etc  I'm probably conflating things with my shit memory, but they were just brilliant- formative memories and all that.

I spent Christmas 1982 playing with Fisher Price Adventure People, but that sounds great.

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

They always had a Matthau/Lemmon film on during the Christmas period for a while around the mid to late 80s and early 90s. I planned my whole night around the film. Kids in bed,a few beers and spirits and some snacks. Wonderful but brief times.

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Started the fucking bullshit wedding dance bollocks too. 

I’ve been married twice, refused a first dance both times. Fuck that. I’ve two left feet and I’m right footed for fucks sake. 

What wedding dance bollocks? It’s quite a recent movie. Wedding dances have been going since the stone ages