You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Just watched The Zone of Interest. Went in with high expectations and it didn’t disappoint. An absolute harrowing, unique take on the holocaust. Was absolutely brilliant and would really recommend finding a cinema showing it if you can. The sound is what drives a massive chunk of the film and anything other than a cinema will do it a disservice.

• Upvote 5

On 16/02/2024 at 12:59, Dave D said:

Love the original, not sure about this at all

I love the original as well and I've been dreading this ever since I heard that McGregor is in it. I think the trailer looks awful as well. Oh my god it's gonna be so shit isn't it? Am I gonna watch it? You bet I fucking well am!

On 16/02/2024 at 15:24, Mook said:

I know a South African & apparently when Blood Diamond was on at the pictures there, they were all rolling about laughing in their seats.

He's meant to be Rhodesian not South African isn't he? Superb film that. 

On 17/02/2024 at 19:16, VladimirIlyich said:

You mention all examples that I pissed myself laughing at. Except for Blood Diamond which I haven't seen. Boardwalk Empire was superb, but Stephen Graham as Al Capone was funny as fuck.

Blood Diamond is excellent. One the the best films of the 00's in my opinion. 

On 18/02/2024 at 11:29, Elite said:

Has anyone watched The Killing of a Sacred Dear?

Weird, very fucking weird. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Gooch said:

Just watched The Zone of Interest. Went in with high expectations and it didn’t disappoint. An absolute harrowing, unique take on the holocaust. Was absolutely brilliant and would really recommend finding a cinema showing it if you can. The sound is what drives a massive chunk of the film and anything other than a cinema will do it a disservice.

Yeah watched this on Sunday at the cinema. Very slow paced and not a lot actually happening and yet you find yourself thinking about it for ages afterwards. Absolutely chilling. Would be like watching a film about Fred and Rose West where they just come home from work, have their tea, go the shops etc yet we all know that there’s dead girls buried in the cellar. It’s the banality of it that is so striking. The actress out of Anatomy Of A Fall is in this as well and she’s brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

Yeah watched this on Sunday at the cinema. Very slow paced and not a lot actually happening and yet you find yourself thinking about it for ages afterwards. Absolutely chilling. Would be like watching a film about Fred and Rose West where they just come home from work, have their tea, go the shops etc yet we all know that there’s dead girls buried in the cellar. It’s the banality of it that is so striking. The actress out of Anatomy Of A Fall is in this as well and she’s brilliant. 

Sandra Haller is an incredible actress.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You are a Di Caprio fanboy though while I am not. He's put in some good performances for me but not always in the same films as are often praised. I think his accents are very poor,even some of the US dialects.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are a Di Caprio fanboy though while I am not. He's put in some good performances for me but not always in the same films as are often praised. I think his accents are very poor,even some of the US dialects.

DiCaprio is boss, Vlad, you bastard. Which of his performances do you rate?

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

DiCaprio is boss, Vlad, you bastard. Which of his performances do you rate?

Catch Me If You Can was very good and Wolf of Wall Street. That's all I can remember off the top of my head but I don't rate The Departed as particularly highly as some do.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I love the original as well and I've been dreading this ever since I heard that McGregor is in it. I think the trailer looks awful as well. Oh my god it's gonna be so shit isn't it? Am I gonna watch it? You bet I fucking well am!

He's meant to be Rhodesian not South African isn't he? Superb film that. 

Weird, very fucking weird. 

As you rightly point out- we know Road House will be dreadful but we have no choice but to watch it

Roadhouse Gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Am I? Anyway Blood Diamond is one of his best imo. Agree on Catch me if you can and Wolf of wall st. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Am I? Anyway Blood Diamond is one of his best imo. Agree on Catch me if you can and Wolf of wall st. 

It seems you like him a lot. Him and your favourite Aussie lady,her name escapes me now. Incidentally,I saw about half an hour of Babylon which she starred in and thought it was dreadful. Not her particularly but the whole film was boring and chaotic.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Catch Me If You Can was very good and Wolf of Wall Street. That's all I can remember off the top of my head but I don't rate The Departed as particularly highly as some do.

try shutter island

14 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't know where else to put this

Huge debate on twitter over starship troopers.

Dina Meyer gets her tits out.  That's all you need to know. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems you like him a lot. Him and your favourite Aussie lady,her name escapes me now. Incidentally,I saw about half an hour of Babylon which she starred in and thought it was dreadful. Not her particularly but the whole film was boring and chaotic.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't necessarily only like Margot Robbie for her acting ability although I do think she's decent enough. 

Di Caprio though, he's been in some brilliant films. 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't necessarily only like Margot Robbie for her acting ability although I do think she's decent enough. 

Di Caprio though, he's been in some brilliant films. 

Around the time of The Beach I hated Di Caprio He was nothing more than a boy band like actor with a pretty face who teenage girls would faint over.

Now I think he is fantastic. Not quite DeNiro level but not far off. Now if i see De Niro and comedy I avoid but Caprio is great. 1 or 2 aside.

Margo Robbie was a dream. OUA time in Hollywood she is fantastic as in WOW Street. Now she is too skinny still top draw but not

Pamela Anderson in the red "Baywatch" swimsuit.