You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Portsomouth

sh#t waffle

Nah

Well what the fuck has willow the wisp done in the past 12 months? He has a great 1st touch and links the play v well but he has no mobility & absolutely no strength. He is also shit in the air for someone who is 6 foot fucking 7. Nice lad, but he aint good enough for LFC.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what the fuck has willow the wisp done in the past 12 months? He has a great 1st touch and links the play v well but he has no mobility & absolutely no strength. He is also shit in the air for someone who is 6 foot fucking 7. Nice lad, but he aint good enough for LFC.

I agree to an extent. He needs to score more goals imo. Torres is are only really dangerous striker. Whereas the Mancs have Rooney, Tevez and Saha all of whom can score goals. Never mind their midfielders.

You said Babel had more ability than Crouch, what do you base this on? Whilst i quite like Babel and think he could have a very good future, there is at present something of the "headless chicken" about him. This is entirely understandable given his age/experience. However, he has not at any time even approached the level of performance that Crouch has attained in a red shirt, ergo your statement is in fact, at this present time, a steaming great pile of horses cack

I agree to an extent. He needs to score more goals imo. Torres is are only really dangerous striker. Whereas the Mancs have Rooney, Tevez and Saha all of whom can score goals. Never mind their midfielders.

Stig when Torres went off against Reading, I can honestly say that I wasn't convinced that Crouch and Voronin was a better partnership than Doyle and Kitson and that is worrying.

You said Babel had more ability than Crouch, what do you base this on? Whilst i quite like Babel and think he could have a very good future, there is at present something of the "headless chicken" about him. This is entirely understandable given his age/experience. However, he has not at any time even approached the level of performance that Crouch has attained in a red shirt, ergo your statement is in fact, at this present time, a steaming great pile of horses cack

A "headless chicken" is someone who gets wound up by by a no-mark like Jon Obi Mikel in a nothing Carling cup game & gets sent off and costs us the game.

The problem with Crouch is he slows the whole attacking play down, he's easily the second best striker at the club but just doesnt to be able to form a partnership with any of the other strikers, he was at his best with little Luis just in behind.

Anyway I presume Crouch will be off to form a partnership with Owen at Man City allowing us to finish 5th this season

The problem with Crouch is he slows the whole attacking play down, he's easily the second best striker at the club but just doesnt to be able to form a partnership with any of the other strikers, he was at his best with little Luis just in behind.

Anyway I presume Crouch will be off to form a partnership with Owen at Man City allowing us to finish 5th this season

Crouch is a decent player & I have a tremendous amount of admiration for the way that he rammed the criticism that he endured down people's throats, but the fact that he is our 2nd best striker says it all. We won't win the league with players like Crouch, Riise, Sissoko & co.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Babel and Torres upfront for me today. I know it wont happen but i can wish.

It will probably be Torres and Kuyt with Kewell and Benayoun on the wings.

Babel has been carefully nurtured along & by coming on as sub and making an impact with his goals has boosted his confidence and I agree that he now needs a run in the team. He is clearly not a winger as he is not comfortable crossing the ball and always look to cut inside on his right foot, but I think he could be a good foil for Torres.

Babel and Torres upfront for me today. I know it wont happen but i can wish.

It will probably be Torres and Kuyt with Kewell and Benayoun on the wings.

I'd like to see Babel up front from the start but I reckon Rafa doesn't think he has the stamina (or maybe even concentration) to apply himself for a whole 90 minutes.

That'll come though, and we're gonna have a player on our hands because he knows where the goal is. He's done tap-ins and 20 yarders already, his effort against the mancs was quality too.

He's like the lovechild of Henry and Hesky, wasted on the wing though IMO.

I'd like to see Babel up front from the start but I reckon Rafa doesn't think he has the stamina (or maybe even concentration) to apply himself for a whole 90 minutes.

That'll come though, and we're gonna have a player on our hands because he knows where the goal is. He's done tap-ins and 20 yarders already, his effort against the mancs was quality too.

He's like the lovechild of Henry and Hesky, wasted on the wing though IMO.

Play him from the start and when hes tiring put on Crouch to give them something different to contend with.

A very strong team and I am happy with that although I'd have played Babel ahead of the hapless Kuyt.

The league is priority and I seriously think Rafa's job is on the line over Christmas for events ON the pitch and not off it. If we fall too far behind and looks like another season not challenging then questions need to be asked.