You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Portsomouth

sh#t waffle

A very strong team and I am happy with that although I'd have played Babel ahead of the hapless Kuyt.

The league is priority and I seriously think Rafa's job is on the line over Christmas for events ON the pitch and not off it. If we fall too far behind and looks like another season not challenging then questions need to be asked.

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Kewell, Torres, Kuyt. Subs: Itandje, Aurelio, Babel, Voronin, Lucas.

just the team i thought it would be, can live with that team but why o why do we have to put up with Kuyt in the team, Babel should play

Saying all that Come you reds, we need to win this

I'm a bit uncertain about today. They have a decent record away from home and i've got a lot of respect for Harry Redknapp - no matter what you say about him, he builds good teams and they play decent enough football.

We're miles better than them though, and should win comfortably but the problem with us is that you never know what team is going to turn up.

EDIT - Team selection is good today - would have preferred another option up front to Kuyt but hopefully he'll have a decent game.

Me too. Saha's 1st touch is awful, but he has pace and scores goals which is something that neither of those 2 can offer on a consistent basis.

There is only proof of Kuyt scoring on a consistent basis, there is actually no proof to the contrary. He might be having a slow season now but pretty much every other season in his career he has scored a very handsome amount of goals. Even with us he is a one in three player.

Apps (gls)

FC Utrecht 184 (66)

Feyenord 122 (83)

Liverpool 47 (15)

If you take out his early career and take into account his improvement as a player since then his figures look even better over the last five seasons. In the last five seasons and the half of this one he has played 225 games and scored 127 goals.

I can't even be arsed to dig up Saha's record but I think that the figures clearly show that Kuyt consistenly scores goals. And that isn't an opinion, or debatable, it's a fact.

*Figures used are up to Nov 25th 2007*