You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kewell to Olympiakos?

Hazel Motes

I thought it was somewhere round the £70.000 a week mark. Ive stated this before, to be told that he was on far less, can't remember who but there was few saying he was on £40.000 a week, bollocks!

£65.000 i can agree on, thats a lot of money for a handful of decent games. People need to get real & realise that he's no longer the young boy he was at leeds.

His salary was revealed in court as sixty five grand a week in his suit against Gary Lineker.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His salary was revealed in court as sixty five grand a week in his suit against Gary Lineker.

I forgot about what Gary Lineker had said. He was right IMHO.

How can anyone justify him staying on & earning them wages without delivering a fraction of what he was signed to do?

Shit thread...with Garcia gone the moaners turn their attention back to Kewell. Fuckin' Harry, snaps an abductur and plays two seasons with a variety of injuries before he finally goes under the surgeon's knife with the full support of the club. Most disappointing bit of business this club has ever done, minus cheyrou, diouf, diao, diomede, collymore, dare I say heskey, le tallec, cisse and the list goes on. Such a shit player and trouble maker that two managers have done everything they can to get rid of him.... Wake up and smell reality. He's a good player that hs had bad luck with injuries, probably because he was over played as a youngster by leeds.

If he was a car he would be called a lemon, he is damaged goods,

It doesn't matter how good he is or will be, he will miss half a season through injury and if he has septic arthritis? then it wont go away playing in this country through the winter.

I wish him well, if we get 1.5m? then its better than him going for nothing next Season as you would have to be nuts to offer him a long deal then ?

He may have been average at times but we don't have better. Babel? Benayoun? It's still Kewell that owns that left wing as far as I'm concerned. Babel hasn't gotten out of the Cristiano Ronaldo stage of realising that he needs to pass the ball, and Benayoun will play other positions.

Also Kewell shits all over Smicer. Smicer was never regarded as one of the best left wingers in Europe.

And Kewell was regarded somewhat ages ago.

We cant depend on past reputations now.

You defy sanity. Are you saying that Harry Kewell sat at home watching the tv and come march said to himself 'Crikey, the asian cup is coming up, gotta get fit for the barbie after it!'? Be a little bit reasonable will you.

Well Iam trying to be reasonable but that shit takes every reasonability away.

We cant wait forever, he doesnt deserve it, we should get rid of him.

I agree Kewell has been probably the biggest dissapointment transfer wise in years. He's usually been injured and when he's played hes often been complaining that he is still injured.

What I would say however is there is no doubt he has ability and i find it amazing that people would rather have 1.5 million in the bank(although i expect that figure to be bullshit) than harry kewell.

I for one would rather take the chance that Kewell can be a top player for us than take shitty money that assists liverpool finances.

lets not be daft about it!

well its 1.5 m + ridiculous wages + medical bills ....

Shit thread...with Garcia gone the moaners turn their attention back to Kewell. Fuckin' Harry, snaps an abductur and plays two seasons with a variety of injuries before he finally goes under the surgeon's knife with the full support of the club. Most disappointing bit of business this club has ever done, minus cheyrou, diouf, diao, diomede, collymore, dare I say heskey, le tallec, cisse and the list goes on. Such a shit player and trouble maker that two managers have done everything they can to get rid of him.... Wake up and smell reality. He's a good player that hs had bad luck with injuries, probably because he was over played as a youngster by leeds.

So, its not our fault, we cant wait forever and ever.

You loose some and get the fuck out of here and stop wasting our clubs money.

The only player at the club that I could not give a flying fuck about. I could not believe in Athens when his name was getting blasted round the stadium, what a difference a few years makes.

In that two years he has did basically fuck all, alright he played a blinder in the semi agains the Chavs, big fucken deal.

One of the biggest let downs ever to wear a red jersey is Kewell.

In your dreams.

wtf?

I'd be disappointed to see Kewell go, because of blind optimism or whatever. However, I do understand the anti-Kewell sentiment that exists. He hasn't been the player we expected him to be when we bought him.

However, I do find comments along the lines of 'no other premier league team would want him now' to be ridiculous. Especially if he can be bought for £1.5 million. He would be a bargain at that price.

PENALTY WOE FOR KEWELL AS AUSSIES CRASH OUT

Paul Eaton 21 July 2007

Harry Kewell's dreams of landing the Asian Cup with Australia are over they crashed out of the competition to Japan on penalties in Vietnam.

Kewell and Lucas Neill both missed from the spot as Japan triumphed 4-3 in the shoot-out to take their place in the semi-finals.

Australia were reduced to ten men before the hour mark when Vince Grella was red carded for a late challenge.

But they recovered well and, in stifling heat, took the lead with just 20 minutes left to play as Kewell crossed for John Aloisi to net, but the Japanese hit back immediately and levelled the scores just two minutes later.

Kewell opted to take Australia's first kick in the penalty competition but saw his effort saved by Japanese keeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi.

West Ham's Lucas Neill then also missed from the spot to leave Japan firmly in the driving seat and on their way to the last four of the competition.

"I'm very proud of the performance of the boys," Arnold said. "I don't agree with the sending off, we didn't seem to get anything for the entire tournament. But that's the way it goes.

"We were down to 10 men, the players put in a huge effort and Australia should be very proud."

PENALTY WOE FOR KEWELL AS AUSSIES CRASH OUT

Paul Eaton 21 July 2007

Harry Kewell's dreams of landing the Asian Cup with Australia are over they crashed out of the competition to Japan on penalties in Vietnam.

Kewell and Lucas Neill both missed from the spot as Japan triumphed 4-3 in the shoot-out to take their place in the semi-finals.

Australia were reduced to ten men before the hour mark when Vince Grella was red carded for a late challenge.

But they recovered well and, in stifling heat, took the lead with just 20 minutes left to play as Kewell crossed for John Aloisi to net, but the Japanese hit back immediately and levelled the scores just two minutes later.

Kewell opted to take Australia's first kick in the penalty competition but saw his effort saved by Japanese keeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi.

West Ham's Lucas Neill then also missed from the spot to leave Japan firmly in the driving seat and on their way to the last four of the competition.

"I'm very proud of the performance of the boys," Arnold said. "I don't agree with the sending off, we didn't seem to get anything for the entire tournament. But that's the way it goes.

"We were down to 10 men, the players put in a huge effort and Australia should be very proud."

Very poor Pen from Harry, include his yellow for diving, plus all the walking he did as lone striker even though he was brought on with 30 mins to go, add in the moaning at the ref & team mates - all in all embarrassed to think he is a Red.

Kewell was one of our best players the season we came 3rd and won the FA Cup. He wasnt even fully fit. I think that goes to show how fucking good he is.

I hate it when other fans knock Kewell, when Liverpool fans knock him it really pisses me off. Why the hell would anyone choose to get injured as many times as he has? IF anyone should be blamed then it would have to be our coaching and medical staff for not letting him get treated properly sooner.

Very poor Pen from Harry, include his yellow for diving, plus all the walking he did as lone striker even though he was brought on with 30 mins to go, add in the moaning at the ref & team mates - all in all embarrassed to think he is a Red.

It was a comically shithouse penalty, he miskicked it completely, but the rest of the criticism is a tad unfair. Australia were down to 10 men so there wasn't a lot he could do upfront by himself, and the yellow for diving was a bit iffy. I can't remember him having a go at any other players either.

Kewell was one of our best players the season we came 3rd and won the FA Cup. He wasnt even fully fit. I think that goes to show how fucking good he is.

I hate it when other fans knock Kewell, when Liverpool fans knock him it really pisses me off. Why the hell would anyone choose to get injured as many times as he has? IF anyone should be blamed then it would have to be our coaching and medical staff for not letting him get treated properly sooner.

Be prepared to be pissed off

Kewell and his injuries wether his fault or not are a reality and he has pocketed 65k a week for the term of his contract and even when he was fully fit he never looked like a player worthy of that kind of contract IMHO

It isnt Kewells fault he was given the contract he was, i accept that

The point is, that contract is coming to its final season.

So we have a choice, extend the contract on the same or better terms or cash in.

I'm in the cash in brigade, any money we can get now will be a bonus, if we allow him to forfil his contract, he will sign a bosman pre contract with someone in Jan and will spend at least have of this season injured?

plus he wont be giving his all putting his new deal at risk would he ?

Be prepared to be pissed off

Kewell and his injuries wether his fault or not are a reality and he has pocketed 65k a week for the term of his contract and even when he was fully fit he never looked like a player worthy of that kind of contract IMHO

It isnt Kewells fault he was given the contract he was, i accept that

The point is, that contract is coming to its final season.

So we have a choice, extend the contract on the same or better terms or cash in.

I'm in the cash in brigade, any money we can get now will be a bonus, if we allow him to forfil his contract, he will sign a bosman pre contract with someone in Jan and will spend at least have of this season injured?

plus he wont be giving his all putting his new deal at risk would he ?

Disagree, getting one or two million for him now and then having to sign a replacement for much more with no guarantee what so ever he'll be better would not be to our advantage. If he can stay fit, BIG if i know, but if he'll be our first choice left midfielder and one of the best left sided players in the league. And i dunno what your on about, fully fit...

He hasnt been that since he signed for us, apart from a couple of games during his first season here. Despite being half injured he was one of our better players 05/06.

Disagree, getting one or two million for him now and then having to sign a replacement for much more with no guarantee what so ever he'll be better would not be to our advantage. If he can stay fit, BIG if i know, but if he'll be our first choice left midfielder and one of the best left sided players in the league. And i dunno what your on about, fully fit...

He hasnt been that since he signed for us, apart from a couple of games during his first season here. Despite being half injured he was one of our better players 05/06.

Somebody that knows what hes talking about.

Kewell when fit, is one of the best left sided wingers in Europe. Try and find a better one in the PL.

All of them. Kewell's done nothing in the prem that would distinguish him from the most workaday left sided player for at least 3 years. That's when he has played, which has been hardly ever. So I'd say all the left sided players in the prem have done more. You're living with some extremely rose-tinted account of how Kewell was at times during his stay with Leeds.

All of them. Kewell's done nothing in the prem that would distinguish him from the most workaday left sided player for at least 3 years. That's when he has played, which has been hardly ever. So I'd say all the left sided players in the prem have done more. You're living with some extremely rose-tinted account of how Kewell was at times during his stay with Leeds.

Agree.