You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kewell to Olympiakos?

Hazel Motes

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am personally going to hang Rafa if he let this happen.

Most idiotic idea in the history of this club.

Kewell is going to be the best LW in the premiership next year (if we keep him)..

Wow, are you for real?

Kewel isn't worthy enough to play for Everton nevermind us, can't wait to see the back of him, the sooner the better!

I couldnt agree more, assuming that Kewel will be a world beater next season is just blind optimism. I've never seem him put in a good performance and on that note, complete a whole season without getting injured.

On the otherhand, selling him for 1.5 million would just be stupid - Id would keep him as a squad player but by no means put him in the starting 11.

You just know that if he went anywhere else he'd be ace, but on the same token if we kept him he'd do alright for 5 weeks then get septic arthritis in his clacker valve that ruled him out till May.

The only possible way forward is to shoot him.

Doubt Rafa will get rid of a player who if he returns to full fitness is one of the best wingers in the world.

Here is an example of how highly regarded he is by the club staff:

United have won the league by outscoring teams. While Liverpool have once again been excellent at the back, is it the case that we need to score more goals?

Pako Ayestaran: One of our main problems is that, when you compare with the other top four teams, we haven't really scored too many goals. This is not the mistake just of the strikers. It's also for the midfielders, and also our defenders could sometimes have supported the attack better. We haven't been as aggressive going forward as we have in defending. United have also been really effective in wide areas. There are not many world-class wide players, and United have Giggs and Ronaldo. For me, Chelsea were more effective when they had Duff and Robben. With Liverpool, we have been without Harry Kewell all season. He has this kind of quality.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/this_season/FN11527070522-1105-3.htm

that's just bigging him up. He might have done it in training, but so did smicer. He's never had a world class game for us, and only a handful of good games - he's usually been distinctly average or crap. The problem is, when he has an average game, he gets lauded to the skies on here like he's the second coming.

Lot's of ungreatfull hypocrites on here, who I am sure were jumping up and down with glee when we took home the FA cup in 2006, well for all of you who say Kewell have done fuck all for our club, without his fantastic display against the Chavs at Old Toilet I do not think we would have even been in that final, so sit back, shut up and relax because this is never going to happen....

Rafa rates him to much to sell him for pocket change, especially as we still are short of dept on the wings, besides he choose us over the Scum, now that's got to count for something no?:yes:

One or 2 good games in an year.

Get real man.

Igor Biscan played a major part in the Champions league final so what the fuck you saying.

Ungrateful?

UNGRATEFUL??

The man has been a weeping sore on the arse of the club for 95% of the time he has been here. He has taken the piss with injuries and no real desire to lose the extra weight when he does manage to get off his overpaid arse to come and play.

Sorry if I am not crying into my pint at the thought of him going because of 3/4 decent games. He is there to do a job, I am not going to cream myself when he is actually arsed enough to do it.

Ungrateful?

UNGRATEFUL??

The man has been a weeping sore on the arse of the club for 95% of the time he has been here. He has taken the piss with injuries and no real desire to lose the extra weight when he does manage to get off his overpaid arse to come and play.

Sorry if I am not crying into my pint at the thought of him going because of 3/4 decent games. He is there to do a job, I am not going to cream myself when he is actually arsed enough to do it.

Well said!

He's a lazy Mercenary who has already cost us too much!

Ungrateful?

UNGRATEFUL??

Two bollox comments. I defy you to say he got injured on purpose or that he was happy to be injured. Pure bollox. And no desire to lose the extra weight? Did you not see the end of the season just gone? Wake up.

Two bollox comments. I defy you to say he got injured on purpose or that he was happy to be injured. Pure bollox. And no desire to lose the extra weight? Did you not see the end of the season just gone? Wake up.

yeah end of the season, but not during the season.

Or hang on Australia is playing in the Asian Cup.

Originally Posted by stringvest

He's never had a world class game for us

If playing a fantastic game against the Chavs in a semifinal is not world class then tell me what is? They are a pretty good defensive team you know...

Originally Posted by ALONSO

One or 2 good games in an year.

Get real man.

Igor Biscan played a major part in the Champions league final so what the fuck you saying

I am saying that we now have great dept in midfield, a midfield with players that are better than Biscan. He would not be an option in the current squad!

Selling Harry when we have few options on the left besides an unproven young player who is facing his first season in the Premiership.. If we made a move for Quaresma or someone then fine, if not it would be pure stupidity to sell Harry now.. Let him have his final season to prove his worth, and if it earns him a new contract with us,(or somewhere else) so be it, if it can help us win number 19

that's just bigging him up. He might have done it in training, but so did smicer. He's never had a world class game for us, and only a handful of good games - he's usually been distinctly average or crap. The problem is, when he has an average game, he gets lauded to the skies on here like he's the second coming.

He may have been average at times but we don't have better. Babel? Benayoun? It's still Kewell that owns that left wing as far as I'm concerned. Babel hasn't gotten out of the Cristiano Ronaldo stage of realising that he needs to pass the ball, and Benayoun will play other positions.

Also Kewell shits all over Smicer. Smicer was never regarded as one of the best left wingers in Europe.

He may have been average at times but we don't have better. Babel? Benayoun? It's still Kewell that owns that left wing as far as I'm concerned. Babel hasn't gotten out of the Cristiano Ronaldo stage of realising that he needs to pass the ball, and Benayoun will play other positions.

Also Kewell shits all over Smicer. Smicer was never regarded as one of the best left wingers in Europe.

were does this come from? 20 minutes of football in a friendly or are you another of these blokes who managers to watch every player in every league?

most people didnt have a clue how ryan babal played in holland, yet now after 20 minutes against werder bremen everyone is an expert

yeah end of the season, but not during the season.

Or hang on Australia is playing in the Asian Cup.

You defy sanity. Are you saying that Harry Kewell sat at home watching the tv and come march said to himself 'Crikey, the asian cup is coming up, gotta get fit for the barbie after it!'? Be a little bit reasonable will you.

I dont think he got injured on purpose but he takes the longest to get back from injuries and has no real drive to get fit or lose weight. He did towards the end of last season (after being out for 7 months with an injury that no one could diagnose!) because he knows he is in the shit in terms of his career with us.

I dont think he got injured on purpose but he takes the longest to get back from injuries and has no real drive to get fit or lose weight. He did towards the end of last season (after being out for 7 months with an injury that no one could diagnose!) because he knows he is in the shit in terms of his career with us.

No real desire to lose weight or get fit yet in the next sentence you say he lost weight and got fit. And where are you getting the idea that no one could diagnose his injury? C'mon 5times, I've seen you put forward sounder opinions than what you have done here. You're above this.

No real desire to lose weight or get fit yet in the next sentence you say he lost weight and got fit. And where are you getting the idea that no one could diagnose his injury? C'mon 5times, I've seen you put forward sounder opinions than what you have done here. You're above this.

Maybe my dislike for him is clouding my judgement.

Personally I would get rid but it is defo something that splits opinion on here.