You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ctrl V game.

Stouffer

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

e-----------------3---------3------------|

B---------3-1-0-----3-1-0-----3-1-0-1----|

G-------0-------2---------2-----------2--|

D-0-0-0----------------------------------|

A----------------------------------------|

E----------------------------------------|

e --------------------------------------------------|

B ---------1-0--------------------------1-0-----3---|

G -------------2-0-0-2-4-2------------------2-0---2-|

D -0-0-2-2-----------------2-4--0-0-2-2-------------|

A --------------------------------------------------|

E --------------------------------------------------|

e----------------------------------3-1----------------|

B------------------------------3-3-----4-3-1-0-----3--|

G---------1-0----------------------------------2-0----|

D-------------2-0-0-2-4-2-----------------------------|

A-0-0-2-2-----------------2-4-------------------------|

E-----------------------------------------------------|

Didn't realise you played Snr Funke.

I sure do. Nother perk of having my office at home: guitar always to hand, I have a doodle now and then when I'm working out complicated and hard stuff to do with work. Very therapeutic.

I've also been trying to teach myself this (not my sort of thing, but its a challenge), but fuck me is it hard:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7iJC0VfxX4

“agriculture” includes horticulture, fruit growing, seed growing, dairy farming, the breeding and keeping of livestock (including any creature kept for the production of food, wool, skins or fur, or for the purpose of its use in the farming of land), the use of land as grazing land, meadow land, osier land, market gardens and nursery grounds, and the use of land for woodlands where that use is ancillary to the farming of land for other agricultural purposes, and “agricultural” shall be construed accordingly;

I sure do. Nother perk of having my office at home: guitar always to hand, I have a doodle now and then when I'm working out complicated and hard stuff to do with work. Very therapeutic.

I've also been trying to teach myself this (not my sort of thing, but its a challenge), but fuck me is it hard:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7iJC0VfxX4

That's finger-pickin' good. Do you play spanish guitar?

New rules on chemical safety

REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals), is the new European system for regulating chemical safety. A European Community regulation, it came into force on 1 June this year, replacing a patchwork of European Directives and Regulations with a single system.

It will affect most businesses in Europe in one way or another, even those that would not normally consider themselves to be involved in chemical regulation.

REACH amounts to a big change in the way that chemicals are regulated, but it works on principles that are quite easy to understand, and most businesses should be able to fulfil the new duties that it obliges them to undertake.

REACH has several aims:

· To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.

· To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market

· To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers) responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use

· To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances

· To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.

Almost every business in the UK will have a new responsibility under REACH.

Businesses that manufacture or import more than one tonne of any given substance each year are responsible for registering a dossier of information about that substance with the European Chemicals Agency. Because substances in articles also count, its possible that some retailers will be registrants, because they import enough articles that the chemicals contained in them exceed a threshold.

The registrant directs users in the appropriate risk management measures for any particular use of the substance and respond to other players on other aspects of REACH. They should consider pre-registration of substances between 1st June 2008 and 30th November 2008.

For further details call the REACH hotline on 0845 345 0055 or visit the website: http://www.hse.gov.uk/reach/index.htm

The Health & Safety Executive is organising a series of conferences throughout the UK in September and October. The English event will be at the Banqueting Suite of Leeds United's Elland Road Stadium on Wednesday 5 September, from 10:30 am - 4pm. For more details visit: http://www.hse.gov.uk/reach call 0845 408 9574 or e-mail: reachcameetings@hse.gsi.gov.uk

Microsoft supplies the ACPI driver as part of the operating system. On systems that have an ACPI BIOS, the HAL causes the ACPI driver to be loaded during system start-up at the base of the device tree, where the driver acts as the interface between the operating system and the BIOS. The ACPI driver is transparent to other drivers.

The ACPI driver's responsibilities include support for PnP and power management. For example, ACPI tasks on a system might include reprogramming the resources for a COM port or enabling the USB controller for system wake-up.

For each device described in the ACPI name space (part of the ACPI BIOS set up by the hardware vendor), the ACPI driver creates either a filter device object (filter DO) or a physical device object (PDO). If the device is integrated into the system board, the driver creates a filter device object, representing a ACPI bus filter, and attaches it to the device stack immediately above the bus driver (PDO). For other devices described in the ACPI name space but not on the system board, ACPI creates the PDO. ACPI provides power management and PnP features to the device stack by means of these device objects.

The devices for which ACPI creates a device object vary from one system to the next, depending on the machine's BIOS and the configuration of the motherboard. Note that an ACPI bus filter is loaded only for devices that are described in the ACPI name space and integrated into the system board. Not all motherboard devices have an ACPI bus filter.

All ACPI functionality is transparent to higher-level drivers. Drivers must make no assumptions about the presence or absence of an ACPI filter in any given device stack.