You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

team and predictions V Arsenal

Paco

Gutless.

Wingers who can't beat people, strikers who don't look like scoring, defenders (Well, one in particular) who don't seem to understand the offside rule (About the 15th time this season alone) and to top it all off, a world class, influencial midfielder who once again didn't seem arsed - and also tried blaming another player for his obvious error (great captains example there). All in all, another day at the office as a Liverpool fan. Nothing 'knee-jerk' about this rant before anyone says it, just a shit load of frustration that can't be held in any more.

What defender is that

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my birthday tomorrow, anybody fancy sending me a bottle of brandy and a bottle of paracetamol? Cardie, you should be able to help me.

Don't do it mate. You've come too far. I never drink after shite perfromances like this.

In fact I told this to an addictions workers and he told him if you want to give up drink permanently support Everton.

Two semi-final wins in major Cups.

Knocked out the Mancs in FA Cup.

Or would you rather have more points from league games and no Cups.

We are trying to compete with clubs that have 76 000, 60 000 seaters and an oligarch.

It's not a ridiculous wish to be able to have both is it, or did we make a concious choice to only beat teams in cups?

Like it or not if we want to win the league we have to pick up points against these teams at a better rate than we're doing. It has nothing to do with cup games, friendlies or anything else.

Personally once again dissapointed in another toothless Liverpool display. First 30mins i thought we looked up for it and were been far more adventerous but as soon as Arsenal scored that it was it, game over.

I have to admit that why when we have one of the best midfielders in Europe does he get played on the wing. I can half understand it when Sissoko is playing but when hes not Gerrard has to be in the middle. Im sorry but in my opinion Gerrards name should be on the team sheet first and playing in the centre then we build the team around him.

At the moment the team is all over the place and now 3rd or 4th are the only places up for grabs and we have to make sure we grab one of them as to continue rebuilding we need Champs Lge next season.

Im not going to single out players for abuse cos thats all ready done but i thought Alonso tried his best today, Kuyt ran after every loose ball up front and looked our only hope of a goal. I also thought although he let 3 goals in Reina did well on his punches and saved well at the end.

Personally once again dissapointed in another toothless Liverpool display. First 30mins i thought we looked up for it and were been far more adventerous but as soon as Arsenal scored that it was it, game over.

I have to admit that why when we have one of the best midfielders in Europe does he get played on the wing. I can half understand it when Sissoko is playing but when hes not Gerrard has to be in the middle. Im sorry but in my opinion Gerrards name should be on the team sheet first and playing in the centre then we build the team around him.

At the moment the team is all over the place and now 3rd or 4th are the only places up for grabs and we have to make sure we grab one of them as to continue rebuilding we need Champs Lge next season.

Im not going to single out players for abuse cos thats all ready done but i thought Alonso tried his best today, Kuyt ran after every loose ball up front and looked our only hope of a goal. I also thought although he let 3 goals in Reina did well on his punches and saved well at the end.

I agree with all of that coop, that's a good summary.

It's not a ridiculous wish to be able to have both is it, or did we make a concious choice to only beat teams in cups?

Like it or not if we want to win the league we have to pick up points against these teams at a better rate than we're doing. It has nothing to do with cup games, friendlies or anything else.

I think there's no sense of urgency in the league games. A cup game is do teh business or go home. With the League there's always another game or subconsciuosly the team knows there's only a CL place to fight for, so the same level of play that is apparent for Cup games is lacking- ie no urgency, sulking, mental errors.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U know what it takes to win the league- we do not. We need a Viera or Keane and although Gerrard has bags more skill and talent than those two he does not possess teh leadership.

I think there's no sense of urgency in the league games. A cup game is do teh business or go home. With the League there's always another game or subconsciuosly the team knows there's only a CL place to fight for, so the same level of play that is apparent for Cup games is lacking- ie no urgency, sulking, mental errors.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U know what it takes to win the league- we do not. We need a Viera or Keane and although Gerrard has bags more skill and talent than those two he does not possess teh leadership.

Agree with all that.

But while our attitude prevents us from beating our three main rivals, or at least picking up a healthy number of points then we'll never win the league. Especially these days.

Arsenal totally outclassed us today, they had at least 2 players available for every pass whereas no one on our side wanted the fucking ball. Crouch is too slow for a side like Arsenal, Bellamy should've come on much much earlier. Our central midfielders sat back too deep which allowed the gunners acres of space to play short one touch passes and most of it was magnificent to watch. What good are two holding midfielders when none of the widemen and strikers are not creative enough. We got murdered down the left side and it pissed off so many times that one arsenal player was able to step through 2 Liverpool defenders!

The players looked up for it today but they were totally outclassed.

Anyway, on a more optimistic note, at least the 3 hardest away games are out the way. If we can maintain our home form and surely we must considerably improve our away form then I`m fairly certain 4th place should be comfortably assured and then hopefully we will finally get the summer signings right for once which will allow for a proper title challenge.

Arsenal totally outclassed us today, they had at least 2 players available for every pass whereas no one on our side wanted the fucking ball. Crouch is too slow for a side like Arsenal, Bellamy should've come on much much earlier. Our central midfielders sat back too deep which allowed the gunners acres of space to play short one touch passes and most of it was magnificent to watch. What good are two holding midfielders when none of the widemen and strikers are not creative enough. We got murdered down the left side and it pissed off so many times that one arsenal player was able to step through 2 Liverpool defenders!

The players looked up for it today but they were totally outclassed.

I agree Crouch is too slow to play against Arsenal. Arsenal in defence are quick so therefore against Crouch and Kuyt they can afford to defend high up the pitch. Due to them defending so high up the pitch it meant they were close to their midfield which in turn allowed them to dominate the middle of the park.

Tactics were totally wrong today with the team sheet been the biggest culprit.

Anyway, on a more optimistic note, at least the 3 hardest away games are out the way. If we can maintain our home form and surely we must considerably improve our away form then I`m fairly certain 4th place should be comfortably assured and then hopefully we will finally get the summer signings right for once which will allow for a proper title challenge.

Lets hope.

Can't think of much to say about that. I didn't expect us to win, and I didn't think we deserved to lose by three, but there's no denying that this was yet another spineless capitulation away from home. Our biggest problem is that when we go behind we look completely incapable of coming back. As soon as the opposition score you just get the feeling that the game is over. As long as that goes on we'll fall short of challening for the title.

That was a lesson in agility, aggression, pace, effecivity and football skill.

Reina was our best player. Carra was very lucky not to get redcarded after an hour. We still lost 3-0.

Nuff said.

PS! I hope for his own sake Sami was injured. If not, Agger is in for good.

Guest molbyscorchio

Whoever it was who laughed at me when I said Eboue was better than Finnan, I hope you're still laughing, tosser. Arsenal man for man are miles better than us, sadly.

I can accept that, as their manager is fantastic at nurturing and getting the best out of his young players. What I cannot accept is the lack of spirit, fight and adventure in our team, exemplified by the captain, but embodied in all of them. Very poor today.