You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spain vs Ukraine

Captain

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its in england you tit. so of course the english want to hear about england.

Well thanks for enlightening me. Ever thought that a feature about the Engalnd band and bus is of little interest to anyone? Ever thought that ITV also broadcast to Scotland and Wales too? Ever thought that they have a magazine/highlights show plus daily news bulletins to update us on Owen Hargreaves hitting back at his critics? Ever thought that the update could wait until half time in the Spain match?

Well thanks for enlightening me. Ever thought that a feature about the Engalnd band and bus is of little interest to anyone? Ever thought that ITV also broadcast to Scotland and Wales too? Ever thought that they have a magazine/highlights show plus daily news bulletins to update us on Owen Hargreaves hitting back at his critics? Ever thought that the update could wait until half time in the Spain match?

Maybe neither of those countries qualifited RK. It's Britain and England are the only team to qualify.

Different region, just like we don't get Take The High Road... sort of a bullshit statement really... Don't see the problem with it... I'm 100% sure that all the other broadcasters around the world update the country on what is happening with their team.....

Maybe neither of those countries qualifited RK. It's Britain and England are the only team to qualify.

It's more to do with the World Cup featuring other teams as well as England. Give them their dues first.

The BBC manage to go without managing England in their matches until half time. ITV started today with 'Welcome to Spain against Ukraine. Now over to England.' I expext an England bulletin but I expect there to be a proper bulid up to a match.

Well Wales and Scotland do have the option of independence available to them if they find England puff pieces offensive. 8)

Different region, just like we don't get Take The High Road... sort of a bullshit statement really... Don't see the problem with it... I'm 100% sure that all the other broadcasters around the world update the country on what is happening with their team.....

BBC manage not to do it until half time.

It's more to do with the World Cup featuring other teams as well as England. Give them their dues first.

The BBC manage to go without managing England in their matches until half time. ITV started today with 'Welcome to Spain against Ukraine. Now over to England.' I expext an England bulletin but I expect there to be a proper bulid up to a match.

That's the whole point, 50 million English people pay their dues. I am not saying I agree with it and I conced you have a point but given the nature of it all, it's to be expected.

That's the whole point, 50 million English people pay their dues. I am not saying I agree with it and I conced you have a point but given the nature of it all, it's to be expected.

Fair enough YKI. At least you understand what I'm on about. It's just like when England go out the World Cup loses it's importance in the eyes of parts of the media. I'm having a pop at ITV's coverage really. The BBC are ok.

Why do ITV persist in showing England features during other teams games? Every major competition they do the same. The start of this broadcast started with an England feature. Feature the teams playing you idiots.

They do it in Sweden with the Swedish team. Not everything to do with England in the WC is utter shite dude.

That Torres seems to be one hell of a player. He impressed me today. In fact, I think the whole team except Casillas were very good. Casillas basically had nothing to do, but still managed to embarass himself at the end.

Very pleased Spain played so well and my hopes of them doing well in the tournament have grown.