You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Player of the Year

Mark P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
I'd pay several million pounds sterling to have MGP instead of Bellamy.

Scandanavian bias maybe? The fancy haired Pedersen has been good but not as consistently good as Bellamy. Pedersen has a great left foot and is good at delivering from a dead ball. I'm not Bellamy's number one fan or anything but I do think he's an excellent player who could improve us.

I'd also say that Hyypia has had an excellent season apart from a couple of wobbles early on, but then so have Reina and Finnan and they have been overlooked in favour of the usual suspects. For Chelsea I think Makalele has been by far their best player when he's been available but would agree that Terry deserves to be in there aswell.

i echo the sentiments so far, but i really dont think carra should have got a mention anyway. his form this year has been good, but not player of the year good.

from that list, and probably even without the list i think i'd go for Rooney for player of the year, he has been quality even when he went through the dry spell for goals.

young player would be fabregas from those beacuse even though he started the season very averagely, the top performances he has produced have been important especially in europe, but having said that, without the list i would defo put a strong point forward for Momo, even though i never think of him as a young player.

A voice of reason in a sea of shite!

Guest Momo Sissoko
A voice of reason in a sea of shite!

Really? I thought it was a load of bollocks.

Carra not had a great season? My arse, as they say.

Pederson reminds me of Cahill, does fuck all but get the odd goal, cant tackle, isnt a great passer etc. It's a good quality dont get me wrong and a bit like our Luis although I think he's got a lot more to his game than both.

I agree. Everytime I watch Pedersen I think "Go on lad impress me" but he genuinely is a player who does nothing unless he scores. He is Norwegian so maybe expecting a bit of flair from him is asking a bit too much

Pathetic - utterly unbelievable that Sissoko isn't nominated in the young player category.

That's why these fucking awards are a fucking joke! Sissoko has been fucking awesome this season and he doesn't even get a mention!

Guest Momo Sissoko
whilst only a complete and utter buffoon or retard would argue against Rooney being player of the season.

Hmmm, you've set me up for this, but I would have argued that Stevie G has been consistantly better over the course of the season. But I doubt minor things like that will hold any sway over the vote, and Pie Boy will get it.

Scandanavian bias maybe? The fancy haired Pedersen has been good but not as consistently good as Bellamy.

No.

Bellamy is both an arsehole and a cunt, which is quite a combination. MGP is equally talented but neither a cunt nor an arsehole. I haven't got a clue about his hairstyle though.

Can I just say that the short-list consists of 6 names. Now it's understandable that there is some debate about who those 6 should be, but some of the names mentioned on here are absolutely laughable. If people really believe that those players are one of the six best players in the Premiership this season then I think they should follow another sport.

There's not a better right back in the world than Finnan in my opinion; so he would be the player who has the best shout that isn't on it for Liverpool. Carragher would have been in it last year but not this year, Terry has been an ever-present captain for the league champions and combines defending well with goals. Edges Carra for my money.

Momo plays in an unspectactular position unfortunately.

Guest TK-421
Can I just say that the short-list consists of 6 names. Now it's understandable that there is some debate about who those 6 should be, but some of the names mentioned on here are absolutely laughable. If people really believe that those players are one of the six best players in the Premiership this season then I think they should follow another sport.

Tell us who should be in the top 6 then oh mighty one.

Not one player in the Premiership has had an outstanding season. I wouldn't argue against Rooney getting the award, as he and Terry have probably been the two best.

I think Gerrard has had a great season - and I think he's a tit, so there's no axe grinding going on here.

I think Gerrard has had a great season - and I think he's a tit, so there's no axe grinding going on here.

Spot on Paul, I think he deserves to get over anyone for his MASSIVE contribution to our season.

I have stop givng a toss about these awards ages ago, as since SLY took over showing the awards and made it a load of old bollocks. Also have the same feelign as any other football award, like Owen getting European Player Of The Year a couple of seasons ago, what made him that great that season I don't know :dunno: