You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We'd have scored far more goals with Owen in the team this season though.

But we want to win trophies not have a high scoring striker and struggle to finish 4th or 5th in the league as we did regularly for the past decade. Or are you saying with Owen we'd be higher up the table?

But we want to win trophies not have a high scoring striker and struggle to finish 4th or 5th in the league as we did regularly for the past decade. Or are you saying with Owen we'd be higher up the table?

Well yeah I do actually, hence me championing his signing this summer. I don't think it would be like it was before - i.e. he can slot into our style of play nowadays. We keep more possession than we did under GH and he would get chances.

Anyone else think Bellamy seemed to be on his best behaviour there today, not wanting to upset anyone?

I think he was the one telling one of the Blackburn-players to put the ball out of play when Moro was down injured and they were on the counter-attack.

I think he was the one telling one of the Blackburn-players to put the ball out of play when Moro was down injured and they were on the counter-attack.

He was indeed.

Not sure what else you mean by it Dave? In truth there wasn't too much for him to get upset about and Carra had im in his pocket. Having said that, Carra did stamp on his heel in the second half and Bellamy didn't say anything much which is maybe a little unlike him.

Why?

Do you not think that he's at least being considered?

He doesn't strike me as a Rafa player. Don't forget, Rafa bombed Diouf straight out of the club.

Whether Bellamy's being considered I don't know. But I will be surprised if indeed he is signed.

Do you not think that he's at least being considered?

If the reputed 'clause' is true it might make him a worthwhile gamble. Even if he flops he'd still fetch a similar fee. The drawback is that whenever he goes out somebody wants to punch him... ;)

I don't think that at all personally. He was a legend for us and our top scorer every season he was here (bar one maybe). I accept that the 'we'd have won 3-0 with Owen' was naive because it's not that black and white.

We'd have scored far more goals with Owen in the team this season though.

But anyway, opinions eh.

Just to let you know, Ian - Rushie says he's heard Benitez will not go in for Owen under ANY circumstances.

However, he did also say Fowler would not be given a new contract a week before he came to Dubai and then changed his tune once he'd got there! :dunno:

If the reputed 'clause' is true it might make him a worthwhile gamble. Even if he flops he'd still fetch a similar fee. The drawback is that whenever he goes out somebody wants to punch him... ;)

Yeah, heard Tyler or Keys mention that for £6m a CL club can have him. I'd take him for that. Liek you say, you'd get £4m off an Everton or the likes even if he was poor.

That said, i'd rather see a top top quality striker brought in like Owen or Torres and although i've seen little of him, simply for the excitment i'd want the Argentine wonderboy here too :D.

Rafa said that he wanted to play deep in the second half as not to give Bellamy space in which to play which worked well defensively if not offensively.

Obviously Rafa is fully aware what attributes a player like Bellamy can bring to the team

What that Bellamy is quick? I think we could have worked that out Nick.

If the reputed 'clause' is true it might make him a worthwhile gamble. Even if he flops he'd still fetch a similar fee.

That's one of the reasons why I think he's deffo being considered. A lot will no doubt depend on how much we have to spend, and whether or not our main targets are available, but I wouldn't be massively surprised if we put a bid in for him should one or two deals not come off.

I think for this reason within two seasons you will see the real rafalution with none of our first chioce back 4 being first picks in the team for 2007-2008

Nick, I like you, but you are mad as a bag of cheese spanners if you think Jamie Carragher won't be an ever-present (barring injury) for at least the next five years (and probably several more beyond that).

My only issue with Bellamy is that the tit will cry and kick up a fuss if he isn't playing every week.

That's not a small issue either is it? He's got way too mutch trouble in his wake, and it would be naive of us to think he'll shape up if we sign him. Not a Rafa-player at all in my opinion.