You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Red Al 77
Papers this morning reporting that Bellamy has a £6M get out clause. His people must have leaked it....

That would be the clause thats been open source for a year since the Telegraph first mentioned it:-

Impulsive Bellamy signs for Blackburn

By Tim Rich (Filed: 08/07/2005)

When Craig Bellamy said earlier this summer that he wanted to move to a club that matched his ambition, it was unlikely he had Blackburn in mind. Unlike his other two suitors, Everton and Celtic, the Lancashire club could not offer this mercurial striker Champions League football, nor match his £2.5 million Newcastle salary.

His decision to go to Ewood Park for a substantial pay cut surprised his friends on Tyneside and appears to have been taken on impulse. Less than 12 hours after meeting the Blackburn manager, Mark Hughes, at Clayton Blackmore's wedding (Hughes was best man), Bellamy was undergoing his medical.

However, the reassurance of familiar faces in the shape of Hughes and his assistants, Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki - all of whom had coached him successfully with Wales - was enough to secure his move on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee. Bellamy said, somewhat gauchely, that if it were not for the circumstances, "they would have paid much more for me". There is, however, a clause in Bellamy's contract with Blackburn that would allow him to leave for £6 million should a club in the Champions League make a bid.

Clicky

Did anyone get to the bottom of him doing that bit in the Sun?

I brought this up with him in Dubai, Stu.

He calims he made those comments publically in front of various journo's and had no idea the S*N was going to publish it as an exclusive.

Did seem a bit upset about the situation.

What I didn't like was him saying he'd prefer the Mancs winning over Chelsea. Had a right go at him for that article!

He calims he made those comments publically in front of various journo's and had no idea the S*N was going to publish it as an exclusive.

What I didn't like was him saying he'd prefer the Mancs winning over Chelsea. Had a right go at him for that article!

Is that about Ian Rush? He did it more than once... and they were exclusives with Ian Rush says, and not a press conference thing at all. It was a disgrace.

That would be the clause thats been open source for a year since the Telegraph first mentioned it:-

Impulsive Bellamy signs for Blackburn

By Tim Rich (Filed: 08/07/2005)

When Craig Bellamy said earlier this summer that he wanted to move to a club that matched his ambition, it was unlikely he had Blackburn in mind. Unlike his other two suitors, Everton and Celtic, the Lancashire club could not offer this mercurial striker Champions League football, nor match his £2.5 million Newcastle salary.

His decision to go to Ewood Park for a substantial pay cut surprised his friends on Tyneside and appears to have been taken on impulse. Less than 12 hours after meeting the Blackburn manager, Mark Hughes, at Clayton Blackmore's wedding (Hughes was best man), Bellamy was undergoing his medical.

However, the reassurance of familiar faces in the shape of Hughes and his assistants, Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki - all of whom had coached him successfully with Wales - was enough to secure his move on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee. Bellamy said, somewhat gauchely, that if it were not for the circumstances, "they would have paid much more for me". There is, however, a clause in Bellamy's contract with Blackburn that would allow him to leave for £6 million should a club in the Champions League make a bid.

Clicky

On Pure football abillity he's better than any of the other strikers except Crouch as he plays a different role for the team However his potential abillity to disunite the dressing room makes him a very risky signing and for me the negatives outweigh the positives. The only Proviso to that is if Rafa can man manage him succesfully in the long term, personally I think he's an accident waiting to happen

Is that about Ian Rush? He did it more than once... and they were exclusives with Ian Rush says, and not a press conference thing at all. It was a disgrace.

Well I'm no expert on the matter, but apparently he's never been paid by the S*N and if you read the reporters' names on the exlcusives, they turn out to be free-lance journo's.

Thats only what I heard mate.

If you have other facts that prove otherwise, then please share them with us and only then will I not get 'infuriated' with you using the term 'disgrace' alongside the name of one of the clubs greatest ever servants.

Well I'm no expert on the matter, but apparently he's never been paid by the S*N and if you read the reporters' names on the exlcusives, they turn out to be free-lance journo's.

Thats only what I heard mate.

If you have other facts that prove otherwise, then please share them with us and only then will I not get 'infuriated' with you using the term 'disgrace' alongside the name of one of the clubs greatest ever servants.

I don't know about payment but he gave two exclusive double page speads in that paper, one had a picture of him giving the interview from his living room. I am not going to drag them back up on here but you can find the thread if you searh for "Ian Rush" under thread titles.

I don't know about payment but he gave two exclusive double page speads in that paper, one had a picture of him giving the interview from his living room. I am not going to drag them back up on here but you can find the thread if you searh for "Ian Rush" under thread titles.

Are you now saying Rushie lied to m0e when he asked him about it directly?

Are you now saying Rushie lied to m0e when he asked him about it directly?

I can only go by what I have seen with my own eyes. I suggest you do the same, I don't know m0e. I don't distrust him at all.

Here is a novel ideal how about you make up your own mind up about something rather than trying to cause trouble by bullshit questions like that.

I can only go by what I have seen with my own eyes. I suggest you do the same, I don't know m0e. I don't distrust him at all.

Here is a novel ideal how about you make up your own mind up about something rather than trying to cause trouble by bullshit questions like that.

To be fair, if it came down to trusting your opinion or what Rushie actually said, then forgive me for siding with a legend.

No idea what the real deal is but if Rush has said it wasn't an exclusive for the sun and he didn't get paid for it by them, then that's good enough for me.

How am I trying to cause trouble? You are inferring that either Rushie or m0e is lying. M0e has directly stated on this thread that he asked Rushie about it and he denied doing an exclusive. For you to continue casting aspersions on Rushie's integrity after that means you think one of them is lying. Which is it?

I prefer to think that a Liverpool legend who has never put a foot wrong before as far as we're concerned, would not knowingly do a story for that fucking rag. When someone comes on here and says that he specifically asked him the question, I prefer to believe him.

Your pernicious shit-stirring wore thin years ago, but you're scraping the bottom of a very fucking deep barrel now. Do you really have to throw this sort of shite around today?

How am I trying to cause trouble? You are inferring that either Rushie or m0e is lying. M0e has directly stated on this thread that he asked Rushie about it and he denied doing an exclusive. For you to continue casting aspersions on Rushie's integrity after that means you think one of them is lying. Which is it?

I prefer to think that a Liverpool legend who has never put a foot wrong before as far as we're concerned, would not knowingly do a story for that fucking rag. When someone comes on here and says that he specifically asked him the question, I prefer to believe him.

Your pernicious shit-stirring wore thin years ago, but you're scraping the bottom of a very fucking deep barrel now. Do you really have to throw this sort of shite around today?

Then if I were him I'd sure the Sun for using his name as an exclusive. He should know how fans would feel about it. I won't post the link on this weekend but it is pretty conclusive. It is easy to say to a fan, "i was stitched up".

Its been done to death on this thread anyway.

http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29098&page=4&pp=25&highlight=rush

Then if I were him I'd sure the Sun for using his name as an exclusive. He should know how fans would feel about it. I won't post the link on this weekend but it is pretty conclusive. It is easy to say to a fan, "i was stitched up".

Its been done to death on this thread anyway.

http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29098&page=4&pp=25&highlight=rush

So I take it it's Rushie you think is the liar, then? You can't throw this kind of shit around and then simply side-step it by saying, "It's been done to death..."

I was reading yesterday's Daily Mail (I know) and it had an article on Bellamy and in a box it listed some of his bad points.

September 2000

Dismissed for violent conduct in defeat by Belarus, becoming the first Wales star sent off for five years. (not really a big deal is it?)

December 2001

Insults former club Coventry - 'rubbish club, rubbish supporters, rubbish stadium, rubbish city'. Sent off for elbowing Ashley Cole.

February 2002

Cautioned for common assault after incident with female student in a nightclub.

Sepetermber 2002

Banned for butting Dynamo Kieve's Tierblu Ghioane in a Champions League match.

November 2002

Sent off for tangling with Marco Materazzi during Inter Milan's 4-1 defeat of Newcastle - suspended for three games.

March 2003

Served with court summons in relation to a public order offence.

July 2003

Charged with three racially aggrevated offences. Later fined after admitting racial abuse. Two other charges dropped.

March 2004

Throws a chair at Newcastle coach John Carver prior to UEFA Cup tie against Mallorca.

October 2004

Apologises to manager Graeme Souness for foul-mouthed reaction to being substituted at Charlton.

January 2005

Left out of Newcastle squad to face Arsenal after complaining of playing on right of midfield. Fined £80 000 for branding Souness a liar in a tv interview.

April 2005

Sends abusive texts to Alan Shearer during loan spell at Celtic - 'your legs have gone, you're too old, you're too slow'.

I know it's from the Daily Mail but is anybody in any doubt as whether or not we want him here still?

So I take it it's Rushie you think is the liar, then? You can't throw this kind of shit around and then simply side-step it by saying, "It's been done to death..."

I reserve judgement on this, the articles are damning, and it is not just one but several articles in that paper and the online version in interviews given to the Cheif Sports Writer Steve Howard not some mic in his face question as he was leaving a game.

I am entitled to have an opinion until he publically says he was stitched up.

Thanks for that, m0e. It changed my view on the whole thing.

Guest Momo Sissoko

Pennant is showing what a lazy arse he is now in the Villa game. Standing around, scowling, nor bothering to chase balls. He's got too much personal baggage that lad.

I reckon we sign both him and Pennant. They can take each other clubbing.

Pennant can mow them down in his car, then afterwards Bellamy can sing "you can't stand anymore" whilst putting the boot in.

:D Lee Hughes is out soon, he can join them, we need a striker!

I reserve judgement on this, the articles are damning, and it is not just one but several articles in that paper and the online version in interviews given to the Cheif Sports Writer Steve Howard not some mic in his face question as he was leaving a game.

I am entitled to have an opinion until he publically says he was stitched up.

I also think the S*N would have emphasised the point that Rushie was talking to them exclusively. The know how Reds would react and would probably have thrived on that!

However, as I've stated, the names are supposedly free-lance journo's.

If you don't know how journalism works these days, maybe that should be your next area of research, because until then, there's no point argueing.

When a player agrees to give an interview, he cannot guarantee that the rights to publish that interview are not sold to other papers.

He said in no uncertain terms that he was speaking to a number of people about the Fowler move, and he was as surprised as anyone to see the exlcusive in the S*N.

I think he didn't feel the need to comment on it as that would have brought the paper more exposure and there was minimal fuss caused by it anyhow!

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Prove Rushie was guilty Rash. Prove the journo was a S*N employee who paid Rushie for the exclusive. Prove Rushie knew what he was doing with that interview.

Guest Momo Sissoko
So has Bellamy.

Niot as much as Pennant. The lad has served time and has serious mental issues. Bellamy is just an arsehole.

However, as I've stated, the names are supposedly free-lance journo's.

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE ARTICLE? IT WAS STEVE HOWARD THE CHIEF SPORTS WRITER AND HE DID SEVERAL ARTICLES INCLUDING ONE ON FOWLER.

Pleas read the whole thread I posted above and it may enlighten you. Thanks for the info though, it has softened the blow (a little).