You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crouchy

Brownie

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fcuking thick or what? Stop comparing him to Owen and Cisse and "Goal Scoring" strikers, he isn't a goal scoring striker, fcuk me Rashid I know you can be a pr*ck sometimes but I really don't believe you don't get this. Answer these questions for me please:

Did Crouch play well last night?

Does Crouch give us more options to vary the play as a team?

If yes to both then please, save the sh*te, no one is interested. You don't like him, we know that, you said you'd give him a chance, fcukin do it and give credit where credit is due.

FFS, Rafa likes him, SGE likes him, Stevie G likes him, Carra likes him, Owen likes him, Rooney likes him but you know what, they know fcuk all about football don't they? :no

What exactly is a "non goal scoring sriker"?

Tom R; I guess your opinion on Cisse has changed a bit since you hyped him up prior to his arrival?

I'd like to have them both in our team, as they complement each other to a larger degree than Crouch/Moro. In certain games when we're piling on the pressure at home for the final minutes of a match I think Crouch/Moro can do the business as they are more of an aerial threat (see Man Utd seasons 94-03 for evidence of scoring important goals at the end of matches). Stevie (and Zenden) can whip in the crosses we need, as the opposition won't allow Cisse to run in behind them anyway...

If we are playing 4-5-1, it's Crouch every day for me, with Luis right behind him (think Steve is more effective from a deeper role). Cisse and Moro should only play if we're going with 4-4-2.

PS, crouch was immense yesterday (even Rashid agreed with that), but as someone correctly stated, the moaners/media won't stop until he scores. We'll just have to keep backing him, it obviously has helped his confidence (after 7 misses yesterday he gave Zenden a verbal bollocking after attempting to find Gerrard with a pull-back instead of putting it in front of him in the 6-yard box... way to go Crouchie!

Are you fcuking thick or what? Stop comparing him to Owen and Cisse and "Goal Scoring" strikers, he isn't a goal scoring striker, fcuk me Rashid I know you can be a pr*ck sometimes but I really don't believe you don't get this. Answer these questions for me please:

Did Crouch play well last night?

Does Crouch give us more options to vary the play as a team?

If yes to both then please, save the sh*te, no one is interested. You don't like him, we know that, you said you'd give him a chance, fcukin do it and give credit where credit is due.

FFS, Rafa likes him, SGE likes him, Stevie G likes him, Carra likes him, Owen likes him, Rooney likes him but you know what, they know fcuk all about football don't they? :no

I remember SGE, Stevie G, Michael Owen, Houllier to name but a few waxing lyrica over Heskey. It doesn't make him a good player, its called building confidence....

1. Crouch played well last night

2. Crouch cannot be judged on the back of one game but maybe 10-15? He has had 16.... I haven't been impressed overall and he has done even worse than I thought he would when he signed.

Tom R; I guess your opinion on Cisse has changed a bit since you hyped him up prior to his arrival?

It certainly has!

I'm not as stupid and stubborn enough as some of teh pricks on here to admit that i got one wrong.

Shame on me.

I agree with you that I'd liek to see Crouch and Cisse as teh partnership. But there's no wasy Crouch should be sacrificed for ANY of our strikers as he's teh best footballer out of the lot of em.

I remember SGE, Stevie G, Michael Owen, Houllier to name but a few waxing lyrica over Heskey. It doesn't make him a good player, its called building confidence....

2. Crouch cannot be judged on the back of one game but maybe 10-15? He has had 16.... I haven't been impressed overall and he has done even worse than I thought he would when he signed.

that's cos you're an idiot.

Who is judging him on one game, I'd say he has been probably our most consistent performer this year, I've only seen him have maybe 3 bad games out of those 16, thats not bad........

So you really think they are trying to build his confidence? I'd say they are trying to silence the media who have an agenda against him and are building him a reputation that alot of football fans who have no fcuking knowledge of the game are believing in, its a good job the people that matter ignore it. And it doesn't seem to me like he is a player playing with no confidence based on last nights performance!

Who is judging him on one game, I'd say he has been probably our most consistent performer this year, I've only seen him have maybe 3 bad games out of those 16, thats not bad........

So you really think they are trying to build his confidence? I'd say they are trying to silence the media who have an agenda against him and are building him a reputation that alot of football fans who have no fcuking knowledge of the game are believing in, its a good job the people that matter ignore it. And it doesn't seem to me like he is a player playing with no confidence based on last nights performance!

I'd say he has been consistent and good because nobody expects much from him. He certainly hasn't been any more consistent than Reina, Finna, Carragher, Hyypia, Alonso, Gerrard etc. I also think Cisse has been a far better striker when given a chance.

Your last paragraph could also be applied to Heskey during his Liverpool career....

I'd say he has been consistent and good because nobody expects much from him. He certainly hasn't been any more consistent than Reina, Finna, Carragher, Hyypia, Alonso, Gerrard etc. I also think Cisse has been a far better striker when given a chance.

Your last paragraph could also be applied to Heskey during his Liverpool career....

I actually thought Heskey was quality in his first 2 seasons and defended him pretty much like I am Crouch, however his performances went down hill and he put no effort in, he deserved the criticism he got then. Crouch is putting in good performances and is working hard so you can't make that comparison!

I actually thought Heskey was quality in his first 2 seasons and defended him pretty much like I am Crouch, however his performances went down hill and he put no effort in, he deserved the criticism he got then. Crouch is putting in good performances and is working hard so you can't make that comparison!

I think Heskey always worked hard but the problem he had was that he sulked a lot and in the end hid behind the fact that his managers and team mates didn’t expect him to score or set any one up. No matter how bad he played he was always being defended by somebody. Much the same is happening with Crouch, there is no denying it.

I think Heskey always worked hard but the problem he had was that he sulked a lot and in the end hid behind the fact that his managers and team mates didn’t expect him to score or set any one up. No matter how bad he played he was always being defended by somebody. Much the same is happening with Crouch, there is no denying it.

1. Yes there is.

2. You know fuck all about anything.

3. Please go away.

yes there is, you.... I'll stop there

how long was Heskey at the club? How long has Crouch been here? Why do I bother replying to your endless shite?

My god never thought id see the day where I half agree with what Rash is maybe trying to say very badly.

Cmon Rash lets be honest Crouch played really well last night and bar his finishing he would of walked away with a couple goals. Infact over the last few weeks we have seen him get more and more into those type of positions so for me goals are inevitable.

Will he be prolific the jury's out and I agree in that a non scoring striker isnt much use. This season were up there at the top of the table shots on goal wise but were not doing ourselves any favours by not taking the chances. Again last night we were all on pins in the final seconds preying that corner came to nothing, when in reality we should of been 3 up and coasting for the last half hour.

All this and im not talking just about crouch here.

"Oh hes such a nice lad and doesnt hide." doesnt wash. (in Crouch's case it does after the shite hes had to put up with from away / englund fans and well done Quinn last night for backing him)

But being nice doesnt get results.

Gobshite for not rating Crouch? Obviously I am the only one too of the 45,000 that go games.....

Rate Crouch = Top man

Don't rate him = Gobshite

Then how can I blame you? Even Rafa says that anyone that doesn't rate Crouch doesn't know their football...

I think GH said the same about Heskey.

I actually thought Heskey was quality in his first 2 seasons and defended him pretty much like I am Crouch,

He was, and for a short spell was more dangerous than Owen but his form dipped and the pressure/criticism told. Ged sticking him on the wing at times didn't help.

I came on here a while back slating Crouch, but after a sharp reprimand from Tom R and others, agreed to give him more time.

Last night, the penny dropped. He is quality. He will score goals. Anyone that can't see that is watching a different game. What he gives to the team is immeasurable, and let's face it, he's had some rotten luck in front of goal. He's shown enough for me to buy into Crouchmania, and I was deeply sceptical not so long ago. He needs partnering up front, but when he gets the right partner, and it clicks, he's going to be making a lot of people eat their words.

I came on here a while back slating Crouch, but after a sharp reprimand from Tom R and others, agreed to give him more time.

Last night, the penny dropped. He is quality. He will score goals. Anyone that can't see that is watching a different game. What he gives to the team is immeasurable, and let's face it, he's had some rotten luck in front of goal. He's shown enough for me to buy into Crouchmania, and I was deeply sceptical not so long ago. He needs partnering up front, but when he gets the right partner, and it clicks, he's going to be making a lot of people eat their words.

Sarcasm? Or has someones taken Noos' keyboard away from him ? ;)

This season were up there at the top of the table shots on goal wise but were not doing ourselves any favours by not taking the chances.

We were top of the table shots on goal wise a few times under the Houllier reign too, the difference nowadays is pretty much that quite a few of the shots are actual goalscoring opportunities, not wild blasts from 35-odd yards from Hamann, Murphy, Gerrard etc... I much prefer the way we are playing now, even though parts of the game yesterday seemed a bit dull, we were creating havoc in the opposition box!!! For me that's a big positive, and as someone else said, if it meant Crouch not scoring another goal I could live with that because of all the others getting massive chances :yes:

...there's no wasy Crouch should be sacrificed for ANY of our strikers as he's teh best footballer out of the lot of em.

I rate Morientes just as highly as Crouch in the terms of being a footballer, but sadly it looks like he hasn't got enough physical attributes to make it in the premiership. He's always one step behind the defenders, and the clever flicks and passes he makes is too far from the goal for me to fully appreciate them. Sad really, a bit like Litmanen when he was with us (even though I would have liked him to stay a bit longer he was past his best when he played for us) :no