You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina v Cech

Rashid

We have 7 Clean Sheets to their 6. I really rate Reina and think he will do well for us but anyone noticed Cech? He has been flapping for a numberof weeks now, will the best keeper on the whole world and universe get a roasting in the media? I don't think so. :wallbutt:

Time to see Cech handle the pressue, Chelsea are not so confident defensively these days.

How many clean sheets did chelsea have last season?

And remmeber we have a game or two in hand.

How many have Chelsea conceded in their last 6 games?

What about Blackburn? That was calamity worse than David James and in midweek Cech was shocking.

He has been protected by the best defence in Europe, now the defence is wobbling we will see what he is made of. We have played 2 games less which gives Reina a chance to improve further on his 7 clean sheets.

Every goalie makes misstakes. Last year Cech and Robinson was amongst the best in the league. This year they've started off a bit dodgy. Reina has been good, but has also been a bit dodgy at times. No big misstakes though, and looks like he's a class keeper.

Cech is still one of the best in the world, and we (or Chelsea, Real, Juve etc. for that matter) will never get a goalie that never makes misstakes.

How many have Chelsea conceded in their last 6 games?

What about Blackburn? That was calamity worse than David James and in midweek Cech was shocking.

He has been protected by the best defence in Europe, now the defence is wobbling we will see what he is made of. We have played 2 games less which gives Reina a chance to improve further on his 7 clean sheets.

Reina is controlling the back four and his box with more authority, plus the teams defending has been immense this season.

But i hope we can get at least 15 - 20 clean sheets, i'll be happy with that, extremely happy.

Id swap Reina for Cech tomorrow morning.

Cech is still the best GK in the premiership and probably the world.

Id have Reina at number two in the Premiership though

Form is temporary and class is permanent

Give Reina a couple of years in the prem, and he will prove you wrong... And a few more mistakes from Chech and the russians will buy Buffon in january... ;)

Give Reina a couple of years in the prem, and he will prove you wrong... And a few more mistakes from Chech and the russians will buy Buffon in january... ;)
and then we could have Cech

Reina will be class but lets not forget his performance against Brum.

Reina is good but id have Cech first given the choice

and then we could have Cech

Reina will be class but lets not forget his performance against Brum.

Reina is good but id have Cech first given the choice

Cant see it will happend though...

Defence is still much better this season, and some of that credit has to got to Reina as he is the only difference in defence and aside from the Brum game he has been excellent when called upon.

Though this does seem to become an issue for us as not many shot ever get through to our goal and we really need a keeper who is 100% alert! And so far from what I see, Riena commands his area and times his advances very well.

Now that is the perfect example of a modern, fickle fan. Anybody who thinks Cech isn't top class because he's conceded a couple of goals recently needs their head examined. Of course it helps that he's playing in front of an excellent defense, but he's still one of the best in the world, no question.

Reina worries me greatly on crosses, and in most of the games he's kept a clean sheet he's had fuck all to do. Think people are being a bit quick to kiss his arse.

That said, I like the fact he's always on his toes and alert. He sweeps up behind the defence very well and is very quick coming off his line to make clearances. Overall, I'm quite happy with him but we need at least a full season to be able to make a proper assessment.

Remember Dudek was fantastic for a season and then his standards dropped.

Reina worries me greatly on crosses, and in most of the games he's kept a clean sheet he's had fuck all to do. Think people are being a bit quick to kiss his arse.

That said, I like the fact he's always on his toes and alert. He sweeps up behind the defence very well and is very quick coming off his line to make clearances. Overall, I'm quite happy with him but we need at least a full season to be able to make a proper assessment.

Remember Dudek was fantastic for a season and then his standards dropped.

Agree with that (although I'm not so worried about crosses - I think it's just a cultural thing for us having to get used to a keeper who punches). The time to judge is at the end of the season.

Agree with that (although I'm not so worried about crosses - I think it's just a cultural thing for us having to get used to a keeper who punches). The time to judge is at the end of the season.

I don't mind him punching, it's when he misses them completely I worry. And he has, a few times. However, every keeper in the league makes the odd gaffe, look at Van Der Saar last week. All season he's been getting rave reviews, then he throws one in out of nowhere.

I don't mind him punching, it's when he misses them completely I worry. And he has, a few times. However, every keeper in the league makes the odd gaffe, look at Van Der Saar last week. All season he's been getting rave reviews, then he throws one in out of nowhere.

or robinson for arsenals goal

id rather give the lad some praise, he deserves it, as worrying as he may make some of us feel(admittedly me included) we cant argue with the clean sheet statistics

the games where he`s had little do are the hardest for keepers, or so they say, because they only have to be called upon once and be alert, i remember the game away in Lithuania, forget the name of the team now, afk sofia? anyway, the only real chance they had, aprt from the goal was in injury time and Reina made a cracking save

he`s still only young as well remember, lets hope he keeps improving

He sweeps up behind the defence very well and is very quick coming off his line to make clearances.

Agree with that point. I do think that that aspect of his game is'nt used enough, such as letting the defenders keep a higher line because they know Reina's got most long balls covered by being quick off his line. If we did that a bit more often we should be able to press teams more and have a better attacking tempo.

His punching is usually really good, but he does flap on occasion. He's lucky that our defense is so good though, as he's had fuck all to do most of the time he's been here.

I think Reinas speed have saved us sevrel times now. It is not easy to find the reason but teams struggle to score at us. As long as Hyppia is not sick...ref 1-4....

His punching is usually really good, but he does flap on occasion. He's lucky that our defense is so good though, as he's had fuck all to do most of the time he's been here.

It is strange; this punching thing, most Spanish goalies do so, as Casillas, but Reina has a lot of problems with crosses, as did Bruce G, James and Dudek but he`s very confident with his feet, the best one ever?

He will improve more and more, as he learns more English and learn to know the other defenders, communication is important.

...but Cech is better.....or?

Reina's done allright but no more. Sometimes he looks fucking quality - his punching is excellent. He distributes the ball much quicker than Jerzy used to but he misses A LOT of crosses. Excellent sweep and a very commanding but the 7 clean sheets flatter him because against Spurs, Villa, Blackburn, Sunderland, Man ure, Boro and West Ham he had fuck all to do.

Looks potentially a great keeper but needs a bit of work to be in the same class as Cech. Time will tell though.