You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard: " I want to leave"

In reply to Maldini. No. The reasoning behind that was the length of time it took to start talks, plus the lack of finances (as well as a few other bits and pieces I heard about).

I heard that Parry actually said to Gerrard during talks last week that "you do realise if we give you what you're asking for there's no money left for players" or words to that effect.

That suggested the club would rather have the transfer fee than the player, and Gerrard and SFX certainly took it that way.

I'm now sure that the club didn't want him out, they just fucked up the negotiations by not signing him up straight after Istanbul. Parry naievely thought there was no problem because SG said he was ready to stay. He went on hols, thinking they could sort it when pre-season training started.

The club didn't want him out, but the casual approach towards it made it look that way initially. For Gerrard to try and use that as a an excuse now just doesn't wash though.

What happened yesterday proved that a) the club did everything they could to keep him, and b) he just doesn't want to stay, simple as.

coco the clown does it again,

he's made some drastic errors in his time as chief exec

if he wanted to get SG to leave then he did his job very well indeed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to Maldini. No. The reasoning behind that was the length of time it took to start talks, plus the lack of finances (as well as a few other bits and pieces I heard about).

I heard that Parry actually said to Gerrard during talks last week that "you do realise if we give you what you're asking for there's no money left for players" or words to that effect.

That suggested the club would rather have the transfer fee than the player, and Gerrard and SFX certainly took it that way.

I'm now sure that the club didn't want him out, they just fucked up the negotiations by not signing him up straight after Istanbul. Parry naievely thought there was no problem because SG said he was ready to stay. He went on hols, thinking they could sort it when pre-season training started.

The club didn't want him out, but the casual approach towards it made it look that way initially. For Gerrard to try and use that as a an excuse now just doesn't wash though.

What happened yesterday proved that a) the club did everything they could to keep him, and b) he just doesn't want to stay, simple as.

Dave, I don't believe Gerrard was ever told that. If Gerrard is currently on £80 000 a week and we offer him £20 000 a week extra, that's only £1 million a season more. We've just paid £6-7 million for a goalie. It makes no sense.

Glad that this has come to a head, we all know the truth, some of us feel vindicated, some of us are hurt as fuck, but we should all be fucking big time excited Rafa can build a great squad now, we can go for great central midfielders like Baraja, Xavi or Ballack, all players that are consistently better performers than Gerrard, that money can also be used to get Aimar/SWP.

My main hope is that Real, Barca, Chelski, Juve, AC Milan all get involved in a bidding war, that puts us in a commanding position to name our price and terms, from Madrid we may be able to get Zidane included in a part exchange, he has indicated that he wants to play in England before the end of his career and that would take the pressure of Rafa to find an immediate replacement, the same idea applies to AC Milan who could offer Costa, or Inter who could offer Emre (Who I think would be a good foil for Alonso).

I am so excited now, when we kick out that mouthy twat who we are supposed to be not good enough for and after we have signed our initial targets of Crouch, Milito and Figo, in addition to Reina, Zenden, Barraghan and Rodriguez, we will have £40M and then some for more signings. Not only does the "can he play with Alonso" rubbish stop, but we have money to buy players like Essien, SWP, Joaquin, Aimar and the like.

We may have lost a brilliant player, but we have also eradicated a desease, a lying twat and a player who destabilised the club. I can't wait for him to go, to be at another club and their problem. But most of all I simply cannot wait to see who the board bring in to replace him.

It is funny really, I love 'Crouchy' more than that cunt now.

I was hoping you'd go with him, "boo boy."

Guest drdooom

The events of the past six weeks, what, something happened when he was on holiday? Does he really think we're that stupid?

Guest drdooom
It is funny really, I love 'Crouchy' more than that cunt now.

How about Smicer, Rashid? He's, how shall I put it, not always been your favourite player but that badge kiss after his penalty in Istanbul makes him higher on my favourites list than a hundred Gerrards now :yes:

Sorry but the last time Gerrard signed a contract it took 2-3 months to negotiate a deal.

We then offer him a contract three times in 6 months and each time we're told to wait.

We are now supposed to believe that Parry not offering Gerrard a contract in the 5 or 6 days between winning the CL and the player going on holiday is the reason for Gerrard leaving or at the very least feeling not wanted?

all this despite Rafa or Parry saying every time they were asked how much they wanted to keep him?

SOunds like part 1 of the SFX/Gerrard propoganda campaign to me.

Can we take Gerrards CL medal? FUcking lying cunt.

Let him have it. Let him answer when his children ask where and how he got it. Let him lie to his own children when they ask him why he left. Let him have long and painful looks at the medal in the following years of regret.

I can see the way the media are going to portray all LFC fans as being bitter and ungrateful for hating gerrard from here on in. It pisses me off that they cant grasp the reason everyone is so angry is the sly, lying way gerrard and his agents have conducted themselves.

If he would have put us all straight from the beginning and said he wanted to leave then he certainly wouldnt be on the recieving end of the unlimited abuse hes going to get now.

All the way through this saga hes only been arsed about how him and his media inflated reputation holds up. And yet you can bet tomorrow it will be the liverpool fans (and of course parry and the club) who get criticised for being the bad guys.

Thanks Dave. The whole episode seems like a big misunderstanding that has been blown out of proportion to suit certain people's agendas.

Gerrard's come out of it looking like a fucking idiot, a child who's thrown his toys out of the pram because his parents aren't paying him enough attention and won't buy him the new toys he wants.

Guest seven

Does anyone else feel that perhaps the club actually got rid of Gerrard and have covered themselves from any possible backlash. The club can be very smart and certainly operate much more professionally than other clubs. Lets not forget how successfully we managed to sign 4 players without any fuss. Perhaps Rafa wanted rid of him.

I remember reading a piece from Guillem Ballague who is a close friend of Benitez and is on merseyside for the last while.

He suggested that Benitez did not rate Gerrard as highly as others and was seriously contemplating whether he would be best served selling him in order to raise the finances necessary to fund the changes he wants to amke to the team.

The question is would you prefer Gonzales, Zenden, Reina, Milito and Crouch with Gerrard staying. Or perhaps Gonzales, Zenden, Reina, Milito, Ballack?, Aimar?, Kuijt etc. and no Gerrard?

Does anyone else feel that perhaps the club actually got rid of Gerrard and have covered themselves from any possible backlash. The club can be very smart and certainly operate much more professionally than other clubs. Lets not forget how successfully we managed to sign 4 players without any fuss. Perhaps Rafa wanted rid of him.

I remember reading a piece from Guillem Ballague who is a close friend of Benitez and is on merseyside for the last while.

He suggested that Benitez did not rate Gerrard as highly as others and was seriously contemplating whether he would be best served selling him in order to raise the finances necessary to fund the changes he wants to amke to the team.

The question is would you prefer Gonzales, Zenden, Reina, Milito and Crouch with Gerrard staying. Or perhaps Gonzales, Zenden, Reina, Milito, Ballack?, Aimar?, Kuijt etc. and no Gerrard?

well we only have the one choice now

interesting week ahead

suggest you read Dave U post before you jump down my throat, he handled negotiations badly

Depends on your view point, if Stevie Me was so set to sign he would, wouldnt he ! No messing, he'd just sign the fucker. He didnt want to stay, thats the bottom line, so whatever Parry said, if Gerrards loyalty is so flimpsy and slim then its good we got rid. We had to know for sure one way or another and if testing him a bit got him to make his mind up, either way, then good.

Whatever your view of Gerrard, we all agreed we couldnt let this go on, and for some and Im one, the only way we'd ever get this sorted is by getting rid.

coco the clown does it again,

he's made some drastic errors in his time as chief exec

if he wanted to get SG to leave then he did his job very well indeed.

Nick, he's Krusty the Clown. Chorltons even done a little piccie. (in another thread).

Im still hping his tie will start spinning midway through a Sly interview, then the flower starts squirting and fucksup the camera, maybe even landing on Georgie thompsons white blouse, on her right chest....

Dave, I don't believe Gerrard was ever told that. If Gerrard is currently on £80 000 a week and we offer him £20 000 a week extra, that's only £1 million a season more. We've just paid £6-7 million for a goalie. It makes no sense.

Before this week he wasn't on £80k a week, when he signed the new deal the season before last it was a 60k a week deal according to all reports