You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What book are you reading?

Yeah right Dave! :whatever:

The Boys from the Mersey - Nicholas Allt An absolute fuckin scream :thumbsup:

Full of lies, what your reading I mean. I was at most of those games, if exageration and embellishment is what you're after it's worth a read.

Mein Kampf-fascinating. Try it. If the world leaders of the 1930's had read it their would have been no WWII.

Full of lies, what your reading I mean. I was at most of those games, if exageration and embellishment is what you're after it's worth a read.

Mein Kampf-fascinating. Try it. If the world leaders of the 1930's had read it their would have been no WWII.

Dave my good friend, I'm not as young as you might think (6) I agree there is a certian poetic license in the book but it's still a good read.

As for Mein Kampf you are correct in what you say, However, it was written by a women and the evil one took it for himself! I am sure of that.

I shall pioneer the corporation again!! James Ellroy LA Noir, a bit of chomsky, anything by james ellroy is fuckin class, Jerry stahl permenant midnight (smackhead writer of alf and moonlighting fuckin class true story) Hunter S, anything, Carlos Casteneda fir the yuffs,

I've recently finished The Da Vinci Code and i'm near the end of White Ghost which is about triads and the IRA and is brilliantly violent.So what is everybody else reading,if reading at all?

Not sure if youve read it, but American Pshyco is just so violent and detailed. A bloody good read.

What was the Da Vinci code like ? Supposed to be superb....

I shall pioneer the corporation again!! James Ellroy LA Noir, a bit of chomsky, anything by james ellroy is fuckin class, Jerry stahl permenant midnight (smackhead writer of alf and moonlighting fuckin class true story) Hunter S, anything, Carlos Casteneda fir the yuffs,

At last someone on here who has read Ellroy.I think we're the only two which I can't understand as I reckon most on here would love his stuff - violence,mobsters,perverted sex,crooked politicians,CIA treachery - what more could you ask from a novel ;-) ?

At last someone on here who has read Ellroy.I think we're the only two which I can't understand as I reckon most on here would love his stuff - violence,mobsters,perverted sex,crooked politicians,CIA treachery - what more could you ask from a novel ;-) ?

Yeah, read Ellroy - damn fine stuff, the whole crime noir thang rules. Anyhow I'm reading "the way we wore" by Robert Elms. A kinda biography of Mr Elms and London street fashion. It rules hard.

Fuckin' right. American Tabloid and the Cold Six Thousand were brutal, brilliant epics. He's writing the third part of the trilogy at the moment. Love the way Jack and Bobby Kennedy, Hoover, Howard Hughes and other historical characters are mingled into the plots. Magnificent writer.

Did you read his memoir about his mother's death? Bleak stuff. Shows where his inspiration and drive come from.

Did you read his memoir about his mother's death? Bleak stuff. Shows where his inspiration and drive come from.

He's a strange character alright - clearly formed by the way she was killed.

ellroy probably isnt that far off in his fiction of the 50's 60 mob castro kennedy thing

Have you got Sky,Brian?Every week there are documentaries about that period on History channel etc. with interviews with people who were involved in that whole affair.The more I learn about it ,the more Ellroy's version of events looks spot on.