You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

I'm excited. Are you excited? I'm excited. Can't wait for him to start. A new brush sweeps clean and all that. 

Strangely yes but I think that's more in relation to just wanting the season to end at this point and seeing some much needed change.

Slot's first act of manager - raiding his former club of Gimenez and Wieffer.

1 minute ago, suzy said:

Well it’s happening! Weird it’s come out before the season has ended though.

The season has ended. It's been over for almost a week.

Time to look forward is now. Have absolutely nothing to say about the new fella. He's Dutch, he's balled-.I only hope the similarities with ten Hag stops there .

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think he's shown he can't manage a lot of the modern players. Maybe, it's a slight on them, but as you say, he's probably shown he hasn't moved with the times. I do think if they viewed him as yesterday's man, it reflects badly on them, because regardless of what you think of him, he was a winner and most of the twats at United and Spurs have won fuck all. I know if I was a player I'd look at his achievements in the game and give him respect. It was hillarious when he said coming 2nd with that Manc team was his greatest achievement in football. 

I think what I mean about him being yesterday's man, is he would do things like play a back 6, with his 4 defenders narrow and his wingers like fullbacks. When players think that's an effective tactic, they'll go with it. They might hate it. They might not even want to do it the first time. But when it works when they don't expect to win, then they'll do it again and again and they'll buy into other ideas they may not like. 

Once other teams work his system out, he keeps playing it regardless and it doesn't work, well they're not going to get that last minute of a cup final type performance out of players for a whole 90 minutes. And from there that sours everything. And then when he throws one or two under the bus, like he will, the rest of the dressing room will think he's the problem and not the player. If they were winning, that type of thing is just seen as part of the magic. 

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is on a par with 'Boris' IMO....I just don't get why people do it myself like.

Especially when Pep rhymes with cunt so well. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

What the fuck is this. 

Praise of Mourinho and Terry

Filthy degenerates some of you lot

I know I deserve the plank into shark infested waters for that.

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think what I mean about him being yesterday's man, is he would do things like play a back 6, with his 4 defenders narrow and his wingers like fullbacks. When players think that's an effective tactic, they'll go with it. They might hate it. They might not even want to do it the first time. But when it works when they don't expect to win, then they'll do it again and again and they'll buy into other ideas they may not like. 

Once other teams work his system out, he keeps playing it regardless and it doesn't work, well they're not going to get that last minute of a cup final type performance out of players for a whole 90 minutes. And from there that sours everything. And then when he throws one or two under the bus, like he will, the rest of the dressing room will think he's the problem and not the player. If they were winning, that type of thing is just seen as part of the magic. 

Especially when Pep rhymes with cunt so well. 

Yeah his tactics are very out dated but on some level and as much as I don't like him, I think the likes of his former Manchester United players judging him on his managerial ability is laughable. At least he was at the pinnacle of his trade for years, whereas those twats have won fuck all as players.

Maybe, just maybe, the toxic atmosphere the Manc pr machine alleged he created was down to him trying to bring professionalism to a very unprofessional mob of twats. 

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I know I deserve the plank into shark infested waters for that.

Yeah his tactics are very out dated but on some level and as much as I don't like him, I think the likes of his former Manchester United players judging him on his managerial ability is laughable. At least he was at the pinnacle of his trade for years, whereas those twats have won fuck all as players.

Maybe, just maybe, the toxic atmosphere the Manc pr machine alleged he created was down to him trying to bring professionalism to a very unprofessional mob of twats. 

I do get what you're saying. I guess my point is everything is about results. If he'd got them doing something shit and they were smashing it, his tactics would almost have not mattered. The same with his man management. I completely agree though some of the chumps he's managed in both Trafford and spurs should have been glad he was willing to put them on the pitch in the first place. 

Other than Alonso I had no ideas about who it should be so I’m open minded about it. I have to say though that I’m happy it’s not someone who’s managed in the premier league before. I don’t want a manager with a PL history, I want him to have been only ours. Childish I know. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Are you sure that's the guy? Seems pretty old. And no mention of his post-playing career...

Its not, though im not sure if its a joke or not. This fella is 70, as if he would know the best drugs for footballers these days. Probably have them looking like German Shot Putters from the 80s

Its Ruben Peeters that s is coming, i believe.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Are you sure that's the guy? Seems pretty old. And no mention of his post-playing career...

he is the only one i could find

Could be someone else, but im sure a few bloos will have spotted it by some so its the true even if im wrong

4 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

No your right

Thats what you get for trusting a google search its Ruben Peeters

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I do get what you're saying. I guess my point is everything is about results. If he'd got them doing something shit and they were smashing it, his tactics would almost have not mattered. The same with his man management. I completely agree though some of the chumps he's managed in both Trafford and spurs should have been glad he was willing to put them on the pitch in the first place. 

Spot on here. Results make it or break it and with him, I think after leaving United when he went from being a sacred cow to someone that was "toxic" according to the Manc pr machine, he then had a tougher job at Spurs because that shit sticks.

The media have an unbelievable power in this country, especially the very powerful pundits like Carra and Neville for influencing people. I just hope Carragher isn't a knobhead about Slot, but I won't be holding my breath. 

• Upvote 1